What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: mold problem  (Read 1627 times)

pslmd

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
mold problem
« on: May 21, 2005, 12:16:34 am »
        I have a 6 mos old Hot Spring Vista and made the mistake of trusting my son to change the chemicals for 8 weeks while I was out of the country.  When I got home I found out he "forgot" and the water and filters were full of floating black and white slimy mold.  I removed and soaked the filters and 4 of the 5 seem ok after cleaning, but the 5th is clogged with mold.  I also drained the tub and the walls seem fine after a rinsing with a hose,  but it drained VERY SLOW at the end.  
      Has this happened to anyone who was negligent with the chemicals?  How would you recommend I proceed from here......I can really use some advice Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

mold problem
« on: May 21, 2005, 12:16:34 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: mold problem
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 01:27:28 am »
I would sure shock the tub - start with about 2 dry ounces of Dichlor added to the filter area with the jets running. No real reason to heat the water yet, you may end up draining it.

Run all jets and be sure to move water through all systems, leave the lid open with the jets on for a few hours.

As for that one filter: you may simply want to start over, or go get a spare and soak the old filter over night in filter cleaner, followed by a good rinse followed by a soak in a light bleach solution.

Your Vista came with the Tri-X filters, which are expensive. So, you may wish to go pick up a standard filter, put it on the circ pump (gray tube) and that will allow you to rotate the Tri-X filters now, and in the future.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: mold problem
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 01:27:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42