What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Owners/Dealers Please Help!  (Read 8722 times)

guarn3md

• Still waiting...
Sundance Owners/Dealers Please Help!
« on: May 13, 2005, 12:40:30 pm »
My husband and I are really interested in the Lagunas model.  However, we can not find one to see near us in Annapolis, MD!  Is this REALLY important?  We are comparing it to the Tiger River Sumatran and sat in that tub last night.  We wet tested the Bahia, which seems to have some similar seats.  We are really close to purchasing the Lagunas, but are holding back because we are don't feel comfortable...  Especially with everyone's opinion of wet testing before purchase.
Thoughts, advice...
Thanks
Deb

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Owners/Dealers Please Help!
« on: May 13, 2005, 12:40:30 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Sundance Owners/Dealers Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 01:34:29 pm »
Do what you've got to do, but nothing in my opinion can substitue for a wet test.  It's the only way you will know for sure that your spa is what you need.  
What if you spend all the time and money to get the spa installed, only to find out that it's not a good fit?
Where will you get this spa from, if none are availble for you to see?
Brewman
Brewman

guarn3md

• Still waiting...
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 01:48:17 pm »
We will purchase it from a Sundance Dealer locally.  He said it can be ordered.

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 02:32:07 pm »
I am not as adamant as everyone on this board that you need to test soak in the exact model you are purchasing because probably like 99% of people do not test soak when purchasing a spa.  You are way ahead of most.  I believe just by test soaking one model in the line you are purchasing, you will be able to make an educated decision on what spa will feel the best for you.  

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 02:33:46 pm »
Ahh, I see.
I'm not all that familiar with the Laguna, but if it seems pretty close to the Bahia, which you have tested, then if you really want the Laguna you'll be cutting your odds considerably by at least having tested a similar model.
Brewman
Brewman

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 03:31:42 pm »
While I do not disagree with the idea of wet testing, every manufacturer has a number of different models.  

It is not possible for each dealer to have one of everything available for wet testing and still have one dry for everybody else to sit in.  According to the recommendations of others on this forum suggesting that you should DEFINITELY wet test, when they are simple typing into a keyboard, it is not a simple accomplishment for the dealer to move a new model in to the wet testing area every day or twice a day considering that each shopper would want to follow the recommendations of the forum.  You could only imagine the impossibility of accomplishing such a task.  

Not everybody chooses to wet test before buying.  While we do offer and recommend shoppers wet test, 85% do not.  So, it becomes an individuals choice that is strongly supported by the forum participants.

We have 2 spas with water representing the significant differences such as lounge, no lounge, 198 GPM vs. 230 GPM, this series or that series.  We have 16 different models.  

It takes 2 to 3 people, 1 to 2 hours to change out a spa and everybody wants the lowest price they saw on the web and can not understand why the dealer needs to make a profit to support the cost of overhead.

Try doing a wet test at Costco, or HD yet they sell spas.

I don't want to challenge the concept of the wet test, it has it's purpose, but not everybody want's to soak in a store.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 03:37:10 pm by J._McD »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 03:46:09 pm »

Try doing a wet test at Costco, or HD yet they sell spas.

One really good reason to avoid buying a spa from them.
Brewman
Brewman

ladeyday

• Lookin' to get wet
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 03:47:11 pm »
I'm willing to wet test, but am not too crazy about doing it in public. I sort of wondered about that when the (grand total of) 2 dealers I visited had 1 spa ready & waiting. It would seem ludicrous to insist on testing the exact model I would be considering. I really don't think that that's practical. Hopefully, the brand's fit & jets makethe difference, rather than the model.
Don't even think that I've ever been in a spa before. Don't really know why I want one, but do know that I LOVE (I mean, passionately) soaking in my tub. Can picture myself practically living in there w/ music, TV, books, etc at the nearby. What's better is that the water would stay warm much longer.   :D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 04:06:43 pm »
Some dealers can arrange for after hours testing, or other privacy measures for the shy, and with a couple pumps, water can be moved from spa to spa relatively easily.
Brewman
Brewman

rushfan2112

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 09:33:06 pm »
Hi I live in Pasadena, Md and have a Sundance Spa.. Less than 1 week old.. Which dealer were you with.. I know that there is a big Sundance event this from May 13th till May 30th. Send me a message if you want more info..
Rushfan2112 ;D

PS I love my Sundance Maxxus.. But wet test the model you are getting..

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2005, 10:24:38 am »
I think wet testing the model that you are considering is important. Not many prospects wet test and yet they are completely satisfied with their selection. If your Sundance dealer truly wants to earn your business, they'll do what they need to to get the Sundance Lagunas up and runnnig for you and at a timeframe which is convenient for you, most likely after hours, when no one is around.
If this iswhat you need for them to do, tell them. If the dealer is not willing to go the extra upfront to get the sale, why will he go the extra later if and when service is required.

good luck,

hottubber... ;D

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 10:33:42 am »
I know that there is a big Sundance event this from May 13th till May 30th. Send me a message if you want more info..
Rushfan2112 ;D

We're somewhat close to you in Northern Virginia...  what's the 'big Sundance event'?  A national sale or something local? We're seriously looking at various brands, and the Max seems to have great comments here (like yours... :)  ).
--
Lee

guarn3md

• Still waiting...
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 02:31:01 pm »
The Sundance Event is on Ritchie Highway in Severna Park in front of the Bowling Alley.  You can get there from Rte. 50 E to Rte 2 North (Ritchie Highway).  
The tent sale runs from last friday until May 30th.  It is a Sundance event w/ sales people from the Glen Burnie (Ace Hardware and Spas) Store and Sales reps from California (Sundance).  They claim the prices are factory direct prices and that you can not get the same deal from the store!  I don't know if this is true.  However, we did purchase our tub last night from them and we got an incredible deal (I think!).  We bought a Cayman and paid $5294 and that includes delivery, set up, cover, low profile cover lifter, chems, GFCI panel.  We spoke with Jay - he was really nice and helpful.  Let me know if you have any other questions.  ;D

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 11:39:26 am »
Thanks for the info!  Will see if we can get over there next weekend!
--
Lee

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 01:24:50 pm »
 It is a Sundance event w/ sales people from the Glen Burnie (Ace Hardware and Spas) Store and Sales reps from California (Sundance).  They claim the prices are factory direct prices and that you can not get the same deal from the store!  I don't know if this is true.  

ATTENTION ALL CONSUMERS!!!!

If you are at a FACTORY DIRECT event, you will not get better pricing than at the store, period.  Write it in stone.  FACTORY DIRECT salespeople are hired by the local dealer to sell spas at other locations other than their store.  They are paid by the local dealer.  You will, in fact, pay MORE when you buy off-site.  This is how the FACTORY REPS make their money.  They are a national sales team who are hired by the local dealer to sell spas because they are spa selling professionals who are very good at convincing you you are getting a great "deal."  That is all.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 01:24:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42