What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Change 104 max setting?  (Read 11719 times)

newJ365

Change 104 max setting?
« on: May 15, 2005, 02:28:13 pm »
I just purchased a Jacuzzi Premium J-365 spa and I love it. I was unaware that there are limits to how hot spas can be set - apparently 104 degrees? Is there a way that this can be overriden? Does anyone have specific information on how to do this on Jacuzzi brand tubs? Thanks,
Steve  

???

Hot Tub Forum

Change 104 max setting?
« on: May 15, 2005, 02:28:13 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Change 104 max setting?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 02:39:07 pm »
I inquired about that when I was looking.  A dealer told me that he had a program that was in his palm pilot that could flash the computer inside and max the tub to 109.  I live in canada and we have cold winters but 104 seems like it is enough.  I may ask them when they install my tub to flash it for me.

Hope this helps, it is possible atleast with arctic spas, I just dont know how it is done.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 03:14:45 pm »
It may be possible but could void the warranty.

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 08:52:48 pm »
Hope this helps, it is possible atleast with arctic spas, I just dont know how it is done.

I have an Arctic and have over-ridden the 104 setting. It was very simple, just had to move a couple of jumpers on the main panel.

It may be possible but could void the warranty.

Not in my case. I checked with Arctic beforehand. JP Keirstead is an Arctic rep. who frequents this site. He actually walked me through the set-up personally.

We also found that in the cold winter we prefer about 105-106.

Jc
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 11:24:43 am by JcDenton »
How do you know how much you don't know?

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 10:51:07 pm »
Your dealer should provide that information.  To get it on the web bypasses the dealers information and potential liability and dangers of "hot water" at 106 to 108.  Given the complexities of alcohol and drugs it could be DEADLY.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 01:22:45 pm by J._McD »

tansu

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 08:49:29 am »
 I changed my 365 before I even put the water in by moving a jumper on the board. It will go to 108. Do not pay attention to the wimps and neysayers.

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 11:22:21 am »
Your dealer should provide that information

They did actually. They also confirmed what Mr. Keirstead had told me. I called them prior to doing any modifications to double-check any actions I was going to try (as well as check the warrenty).

Jc
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 11:25:21 am by JcDenton »
How do you know how much you don't know?

newJ365

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 11:39:46 am »
My dealer is not providing me with any information - so any help and specifics is appreciated!!! ;)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 01:09:17 pm »
Do not pay attention to the wimps and neysayers.

Wimps and [sic] neysayers?  Looks like your Dale Carnegie courses for how to win friends and influence people didn't take....... ;D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 01:29:00 pm »
I changed my 365 before I even put the water in by moving a jumper on the board. It will go to 108. Do not pay attention to the wimps and neysayers.

Nuetral opinion.  Keep your kids, especially younger ones out of tubs that warm, they aren't as quick to recognize symptoms of overheating. And they usually trust you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

newJ365

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 01:39:37 pm »
I have no kids - not even a wife to worry about  ;D   I do understand the potential problems.  Again though, any specifics on what I can do is appreciated  ;)

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 02:16:19 pm »
Hi All:

I'd offer a little caution here. 104 F should be about tops for 75 F degree or more environments, BUT this really depends on your conditioning for hot water.

Believe me when I say I'm ALL about hot water. I don't think you get any benefit until you hit 104, regardless how warm it is out (just MHO!). To take these higher temperatures, however, PACE yourself.

Most people jump out of the tub when they start getting warm, cool down and then start over again. Personally, I think this is counter-productive. If you stay in for a set time period, say one 20 minute cycle, and then build up, I think you will find that you will be able to take higher temperatures much easier. Again, start slowly and build up. Avoid alcohol when starting this process.

I know people here are worried about heat related "issues," but I really don't think that's too much of an issue. "Heat Exhaustion" and "Heat Stroke" usually occur with physical activity AND hot environments. There are numerous warning signs. Hot tubbing dosn't involve much physical activity (well, MOST of the time it dosn't ;D), so heat can usually exhaust through your head and breathing without too much difficulty. It's not unusual for me to do 40 minutes in my tub at 105, with an exterior temp of 60 to 65 F, with no ill effects.

When exterior temps get cold, turning up the heat works well, especially if you have wind.  I did 110 F this winter for 30 minutes but ended up having to get out NOT because of heat but because the ice forming in my hair from the 20 MPH wind really started to hurt.

Just remember GUYS, baby making and hot water don't mix well, so stay out of the tub for a few days if you want stuff to work well...

Anyway, this is my experience. It may not work well for you.

Good Luck!

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2005, 02:27:13 pm »
Do not pay attention to the wimps and neysayers.

Go sit in your tub at 108 tansu and maybe hold yer head under too! ::) Let's see how tough ya are! ;D

Due to the health risks (for everyone but tansu that is) that are associated with temps of 105 degrees +, I don't suggest it. We don't know your medical history and giving you that information can be the same as loading your gun for you in a suicide attempt.

Dramatic...yes....but true. ;)

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2005, 02:54:24 pm »
I am not sure is Jacuzzi are UL listed but if they are if does void the listing.

According to doctors and athletic trainers 102F is the best temperature for hydrotherapy.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 05:48:42 pm »
Just a note, from someone who suffered from heat and sun stroke as a child, if you have ever had heat stroke before, you are much easily susceptible to overheating, whether it  be from outside temps or the hot water you are sitting in.

I understand that in some parts of the world, hotter is better!  Just something to consider!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 05:48:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42