What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Water Change in Marquis  (Read 1583 times)

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
First Water Change in Marquis
« on: May 15, 2005, 01:06:21 pm »
I unfortunately had to do my first water change yesterday, and I do believe it was a little premature, but I was having a hard time keeping the water clear.  The spa has not been under heavy use, just me once a day, bathing suit has not been washed in soap, so  no problem there.  I did have a few guest over, but the problem was already under way.  When I test the water it always seems to be fine, have brought the water to dealer for test and followed his instructions, and if it is not the PH seems to be on the high side.  This would cause cloudy water right?  The spa was filled March 27 I cleaned the filters 30 days later, changed the Bromine cartridge after the first two weeks, changed it again 3 weeks later.
I just could not get it sparkling clear so now I changed the water, cleaned the spa, and bought an extra set of filters.  My question is I have a new mineral cartridge should I put it in or can I be cheap and put the first on back in because it still has some life left in it?  Any other water advice would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

First Water Change in Marquis
« on: May 15, 2005, 01:06:21 pm »

rick_in_cleveland

Re: First Water Change in Marquis
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 02:43:34 pm »
Two points ( I have a Reward)...

You need to clean the filters a little more often than every 30 days.  I clean mine every 7-10 days.

Also on the N2 cartridge the N2 people say:
"You will need to replace the Nature 2 whenever the water is drained and refilled.  This is because you loose a good percentage of the silver ions when you drain the spa, and their is not enough in a depleted cartridge to bring it back up to the proper level.  So you will need to change the Nature 2 cartridge."
I put a new one in and leave the old one in the other filter for the entire 4 months.

Is the water gets on towards 2-3 months or the use  gets more frequent you may need to increase your filtering time from 2 hrs twice a day to 4 hrs.

Good luck

Hot Tub Forum

Re: First Water Change in Marquis
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 02:43:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42