What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Wet Test!!!  (Read 2452 times)

guarn3md

• Still waiting...
Sundance Wet Test!!!
« on: May 12, 2005, 12:41:32 am »
Went tonight and wet tested a Sundance Bahia.  They did not have the Lagunas which is what we are looking to purchase, but the seating in it seemed similar.  Loved it!!!
We got a price quote, for Lagunas, of $5599 w/ delivery, placement, cover and low profile lifter, steps, ozonator, filter nozzle for garden hose (well water) and upgrade to microban filter system!!  This seems like a very good deal.  We were thinking that if we stayed any longer he would upgrade us to the Maxxus for that price! ;D  
We asked if he would hold the order until after May 16th, if that makes a difference on the warranty and he said yes.
We are wet testing the Tiger River Sumatran tomorrow night and then making decision.
Dealer really wanted to close the deal with us tonight, but DH was insistent on doing our homework.  My 3 year old and I wanted to just buy!!!  3 yr old was sad that we couldn't take it home with us (so was Mom!)

Question - does anyone know if it really is possible to upgrade the Lagunas to this Microban filter system... After reading the literature the dealer sent home with us, it seemed like it was only available in the 800 series?! ???
Thoughts, comments - greatly appreciated!
Deb

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Wet Test!!!
« on: May 12, 2005, 12:41:32 am »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Sundance Wet Test!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 05:57:02 am »
I was under the impression that the microban is suitable for all 2005 models.   It might be worth a call to the manufacture because you know that they are not going to give a sales pitch.  I found while looking for my tub, the sales guys at some stores through in some things that were what they called upgrades.  After doing some research I found that they were just standard features with 2005 models.  That really made me mad.

Also, you said that you wet tested on model of sundance.  You will not believe just how different these tubs really are.  Before you put a cent down, I would strongly encourage you to test the tub you want to buy.  Ill bet you that you will get a different feel in the other tub, even if the seats look similar.  

If you loved the tub you tested then maybe you should buy that one instead.  Never go by dry feel, they are so different when you get water in them.  

Hope this helps you a bit, take your time with your purchase, you will get that price any time.  Dont fall for the pressure without doing all of your homework.  You will regret it down the road once the excitement of getting a tub wears off.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 08:16:57 am »
I'd try without the microban filter first, you can always switch down the road if you want.  I've heard those filters are pretty spendy.  
Brewman
Brewman

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 08:48:29 am »
You can upgrade to the Micro-Clean I.  You can not upgrade to the Micro-Clean II, which is used in the 880 Series.

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 09:58:17 am »
Bosco, I wouldn't be too sure of that.  That tub could be a Sweetwater if the dealer said the price would be higher if it's after May 16th.  

guarn3md, ask the dealer if you pay $120 more if he could upgrade the warranty.  If it has the "Sundance Spas" name on the filter gate it's an '05 and he can pay to increase the warranty on current stock, but not if it's "Sweetwater"

Stick with the regular filter for now, I agree with Brewman, you can always replace it later.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 09:58:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42