What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: arctic spas question  (Read 8952 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: arctic spas question
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 01:09:02 pm »
yeah hopefully a tatoo of the logo, cant cover it up after all, it is for the customer.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 01:09:02 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 05:58:10 pm »
I don't know where anyone comes up with the Bashing they say is going on against Arctic. I have not seen bashing of the brand. But I have seen a more realist approach to there sales pitch of superiority. Anyone who buys an Arctic thinking it is more effiecient and longer lasting than any other brand has plain and simply been deicieved. They are not a bad tub, just not a step above the rest from what I have seen. A different approach, but not a superior approach. Some of the tactics I have witnessed have been deprlorable, but others have had good experiences. And no matter what they say it is not a "better" tub than about 10-15 other brands out there that I think are the best around, there's being one of those 10-15. Sure there's lemons in every brand, there's friday built tubs and monday built tubs but comfort with the dealer and comfort on your back side should be what makes you decide which brand to buy, not a sale's pitch of superiority over all others. Because you will be dissapointed and us here on these forums will never know.

I find them a bit noisier than most of those 10-15 brands and a bit pricier. For what? Better energy effieciency? No. Better longevity? No.

The point is a tub is for relaxation and if you are worried about the 20-30 bucks a month for electricity, don't buy a tub. Because that is what an Arctic will cost you to operate, along with about......oh lets see....10-15 other brands.
Retired

spa

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 06:34:51 pm »
thank you for input, but we have proof from the alberta energy board that arctic tubs are the most energy efficient tub on the market. we are tested against 9 other brands. We will also outlast any spa ever built on this this earth.

raj
arctic spas

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 06:52:57 pm »
thank you for input, but we have proof from the alberta energy board that arctic tubs are the most energy efficient tub on the market. we are tested against 9 other brands. We will also outlast any spa ever built on this this earth.

raj
arctic spas

I wish we could get away from the "We're the best at this" and "We will outlast anything ever built by humans" statements. It sounds like what we used to say in grade school at lunchtime.

Your test is not the only study. It's merely the only one showing Arctic to be the most efficient; the others have their own winners (yeah, I know, you didn't create the study but some 3rd party did, blah, blah, blah). Please save the sales speeches for the next customer that comes through the door rather than coming here and making claims that cannot be proven.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2005, 01:36:28 am »
being the one that started this post, I find that I must step in here.  This arctic spa guy just signing up posts his first message and looks like an a$$.  why would you come on here and be like that.  

You are exactly why people think arctic has shady sales pitch and used car salesmen attitudes.

I just bought my arctic but think it is a great tub for me.  I dont claim it to be the best.  

Oh and by the way, anyone with a little education knows that statistics can be presented in a way to support anything that you want to claim.  Statistics are to be used as a guide not the bible.  Your test studies could be taken and used against you as well, it is all in the presentation.  

sorry that I am talking this way, but when I posted this thread it was to find out why people on here do not recommend arctic as a top brand, and you just proved why everyone is skeptical of arctic.

Way to go, I hope you were not jumping on the cover while typing this message as well.  Also, the cedar skirt is wood a natural product, hate to burst your bubble...but nothing lasts forever in the outdoor elements.  If you care for it and treat it then you can prolong it.

sorry mods, I hope that I didnt offend
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 01:37:57 am by bosco0633 »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2005, 06:37:33 am »
Could of been a guy trying to make Arctic look good. Or....could of been a guy trying to make Arctic look bad. He succeeded in the later.

Bosco has a good outlook on it, and did not find anything insulting in my post against the brand or anyone purchasing them.

I got a study that shows my brand to be more energy effiecient than Arctic, conducted by me and an Arctic owner who lives next door. We shall see who's last's the longest. I got a year jump on him.
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2005, 06:40:17 am »
Still not quite sure what I am going to do with the buck or two I save a month over my neighbor. Maybe save it up and go to Mcdonalds for lunch in a few years.
Retired

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2005, 11:41:17 am »
Still not quite sure what I am going to do with the buck or two I save a month over my neighbor. Maybe save it up and go to Mcdonalds for lunch in a few years.

BINGO!!
Brewman
Brewman

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2005, 02:16:08 pm »
I have been reading this and yes the Arctic guys seems to do exactly what they get criticized for and it has never been their spa but simply their sales pitch .... It actually to me is a sorta sad thing in that none of the Arctic people seem interested contributing anything positive or lasting outside of their sales pitch to this board ....they come in attack and vanish ....and that is why they don't get the "props" they might think they deserve ... Again its never about their spas just their arrogance .... Bosco....enjoy your spa ..I am sure you will ......

Bur

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2005, 10:20:15 pm »
" Maybe they will wear bikinis with the Arctic polar bear stragetically placed!........ "

and maybe they won't...................

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2005, 10:47:10 am »

raj
arctic spas

raj,

If you're going to make yourself look foolish and reduce your credibility to zero with one post, I suggest you don't include all of your information in your bio on where you work and such. ::)

Sounds like you just started at the Arctic dealer in Brampton Ontario. How many days (or hours) have you been there? ??? ;D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2005, 10:56:58 am »
I'd really like to see the proof about lasting longer than any spa ever built on earth.  That would be some stack of data!

Brewman
Brewman

fletch49

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2005, 12:59:40 pm »

raj,

If you're going to make yourself look foolish and reduce your credibility to zero with one post, I suggest you don't include all of your information in your bio on where you work and such. ::)

Sounds like you just started at the Arctic dealer in Brampton Ontario. How many days (or hours) have you been there? ??? ;D

Just Curious...Why do you think Brampton?

mowgli1

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2005, 02:19:35 pm »
Brampton is where he lives and works according to his profile page

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2005, 04:56:15 pm »
I'd really like to see the proof about lasting longer than any spa ever built on earth.  That would be some stack of data!

Brewman

it is hard to make such a claim since the oldest arctic spa is 11 years old.....but i do not doubt they are built well and will last as long as many other quality spas.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2005, 04:56:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42