What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian or Hot Spring  (Read 5579 times)

totallyreel

Artesian or Hot Spring
« on: April 19, 2005, 07:51:35 pm »
We are so confused, we love the Hot Spring Vista but it is pricey.  Also have looked at Artisian Dove Canyon but cannot wet test at our dealer.  Price is better for the dove not by so much but what concerns us is the lack of being able to wet test it.  We have read all the feedback on the dove canyon and feel fairly confident.  I guess we are just looking for re-assurance.  

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian or Hot Spring
« on: April 19, 2005, 07:51:35 pm »

J._McD

Re: Artesian or Hot Spring
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 07:57:29 pm »
Keep an open mind on price, you are going to be using it for long time, more than 12-15 years or even longer maybe.  Get a good one that you like.  Sit in em all, try them on, follow your intuition and wet test if you can.

They are all good, some are better but only a few are the best.  Your're gonna love it.

What other brands are in your area?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 08:04:39 pm »
Both are nice spas ...not all Spas fit each person the same....even if it is dry sit in both and see how it it fits you and if at all possible wet test..... Among the better spas you will find die hard supporters for each one ....go with the dealer and what you feel offers the best value for you ....but do sit in dry and if you can wet is best...

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 11:28:12 pm »
Just my 2 cents worth.....

YOU GOTTA WET TEST!

Look....you are going to spend $10,000 dollars of your hard earned cash.  Would you purchase a car for that and not drive it????

WET TEST IT!

Think of it another way....find out where the nearest Artesian dealer that will wet test it and take a vacation there (toss in a wet test).  Then you will know if it is right for you.

Seriously....I dont see how folks get spa's without wet testing them....I know folks here in this forum have done that...Heck...I was going to as well til I stumbled in here!

THANK GOD we wet tested...some of our favorite Dry testers were horrible to us when we got in them wet!

Also find out why the Artesian guy wont let you wet test.  Perhaps he does not have one in the showroom???

-------------------

Side note...I dont work for a Spa retailer or have any friends or family that does....I fly planes in the USAF.  My recommendations are based soley on our experiences trying to find a spa for ourselves.  Try to wet test the Artesian if you are seriously considering it.  We had not considered it because the dealer was over 100 miles away.  We are very glad we made the trip up there as for right now that is our top choice (BTW HS did not make our final list...just didnt feel right in them).

Anyhow dont purchase a spa based soley upon recommendations....it is an individual preference!!!!

----------------------

Best of luck in your search!!!!

Regards,

Mike :)

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 06:37:07 am »
I travelled 30 minutes to wet test my Envoy because my local dealer didn't have it set up and ended up saving $700.

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 09:33:14 am »
Great advice from Guttboy.  Although, I would temper that by saying that finding a far flung dealer who will allow you to wet test is great... having a far flung dealer responsible to provide warranty service may not be so great.  Just be sure that you inquire ahead of time re: travel charges, etc.

Good luck in your quest!

Guttboy

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 02:31:17 pm »
Cgar,

Good point...I failed to mention that the dealer would have to charge us a $75 fee for the trip seeing that it is well over 100 miles to our home.  We feel that this dealer is reputable and fair.  I asked him about "chronic" problems.  He was straight up and said he has never had them with Artesian spa's and if he did it would not be worth it for his maintenance team to go out and fix constantly.  He stated that if something was a product defect etc he would rather we be happy and replace the spa.  Hopefully that will never happen.  We have not yet decided to go with Artesian but they are our top choice...the other being Sundance.

Regards!

totallyreel

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 04:35:35 pm »
All good points, thank you.  The other dealers in our area are Rec Warehouse, with Caldera spas, Hot Springs with the Vista model that we first fell in love with and Artesian spas.  The Artesian dealer locally is still about 35 miles away from our home but the dealership is in a small and only had a couple small island spas inside, all dry and a couple larger spas outback with water but all very basic.  I will do some more research to find out where I can wet test an Artesian and I will go back to Hot Springs to wet test the Vista.  This is such a huge decision.  
Thanks to all for your input.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 09:15:07 pm »
where are you located?  What state?  If you don't mind us (me!) asking...
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Guttboy

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 10:06:21 pm »
totallyreel,

REMEMBER.....the best spa is the one that you like the most!!!!! :)

Folks will tell you one is better than the other blah blah blah....

But go with how it feels to you and your family!  

Case in point for us...our friends love HS spas....They are OK for us but dont float our boats....however, the Artesian Dove Canyon has been the best one that we have ever sat in...close second Sundance Optima.

Now we are wet testing a Sundance Cameo....

Had we only gone by recommendation by friends we would have never heard of these brands NOR would we have even learned to wet test.  From wet testing we could eliminate several brands because they just dont fit US!

Good luck!  If ya need more help be sure to ask...everyone here is great!

J._McD

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 10:26:28 am »
I travelled 30 minutes to wet test my Envoy because my local dealer didn't have it set up and ended up saving $700.

Tonyp, $700 can certainly put a dent in some of the other needs for $$, maybe even pay a bill.  But, how is it the dealer justified the $ difference?  Did he know you had been to the other dealer and intentionally, steal the business away?

BTW, did you return to the dealer and give him the opportunity to have your business?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 10:27:16 am by J._McD »

totallyreel

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005, 09:34:49 am »
Here is our latest update.  We wet tested the Vista and the Envoy last night at Hot Spring and we have decided that we enjoy the Envoy better.  I am 6 foot but still the Vista lounger seemed long enough for a basketball player. The Envoys lounger was perfect.  Still some points that we would have liked beter such as lower lumbar jets and calf jets for the legs.  Overall it seems like if you have someone using the moto massage the other seats are neglected as far as power for the jets.  We would love to be able to wet test the Dove Canyon but have not found any dealer in the state with one with water.  If anyone knows of any artesian dealers please let me know.  I am located in the Melbourne area of Florida and would definetely travel to test one.  Or if there is a Dove Canyon owner out there who would be willing to help us out I would appreciate that as well.
Thanks

salesdvl

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2005, 10:07:21 am »
Since you asked.....

I agree with the above advice.  Wet testing is the best way to decide.  I used to sell both Hot Spring and Artesian on the same sales floor.  I own an older Hot Spring but the last few years my preference has been Artesian simply because I liked the way the jets felt better.  
Buying a spa is very much like buying a car.  Lots of people can give you their opinions but you really need to test drive and get the one that you fell will do the best for you given your needs.  There are no wrong ansers.  The people driving Kias are getting to the store just like the Mercedes owners are.
Good luck.
Measure once, cut twice.

Guttboy

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 12:19:43 pm »
totallyreel,

I wish I could help you out on that one.  Try contacting Artesian directly that may help.

Also if the dealers for Artesian have a Dove Canyon in the showroom....let them know that you are REALLY interested in that model and you NEED to wet test before purchasing the spa!  They might be willing to do it then.  If not, ASK THE DEALER if they know of anyone that has purchased one from them and if they could see if they would let you wet test.  I know that is a long shot but it may be worth it!

For ME...the Dove Canyon is the top of the list right now and I never would have known about how nice it is without having wet tested.

Good Luck.....

totallyreel

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 07:20:50 pm »
We have decided to wait until we can wet test the Dove Canyon.  The dealer in Sebring does not have any and the dealer in Jacksonville just sold his floor model yesterday.  Hopefully he will have a new one come in soon and we will travel up there to wet test it.  The more we thought about the Envoy the more we wanted to test the Dove Canyon.  Since it is a pricey purchase we want to make sure we buy the one for us.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 07:20:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42