What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: top 3 quality spa's  (Read 6188 times)

myke

top 3 quality spa's
« on: April 26, 2005, 11:44:43 am »
i am looking to buy  to a top of the line 7 person spa (92"x92") and am looking for the top 3-4 spa manufactures in terms of build quality, warranty, and service  (i am not really concerned about the price)

there is a lot of confusing information all I want to do is narrow it down.

from what i have read good manufactures are it is (no order)
artersian,  dimesion 1, sundance, jacuzzi, caldera, hot springs

is this right or am i missing some one and which ones are considered the top 3 ?

thanks for your help !!!

mike

Hot Tub Forum

top 3 quality spa's
« on: April 26, 2005, 11:44:43 am »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Re: top 3 quality spa's
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 11:59:30 am »
Add Coleman Spas to your list.

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 12:02:15 pm »
mike,

what you are asking is purely subjective.  All the above mentioned are very good spa's.  I have narrowed my spa list to Sundance and Artesian....artesian being our first choice.  Some folks really like arctic but I have not had a chance to wet test one.

regards

Mike

myke

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 12:10:54 pm »
thanks for the comeback and info !!!

i am looking for the best built 3-4 (quality, warranty,service) and then i will do the ergonimic wet test on those 3-4...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 12:18:07 pm »
When you put it all together ...you list should also include D-1 and Marquis...some will suggest others...I think top 4 are D-1...Marquis....Hot Springs....and Sundance in no particular order....the next group would be Jacuuzi...Caldera....Artisian ....Coleman... but this is just my opinion

Orthofunk

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 12:40:43 pm »
After extensive researching and wet testing, I just bought a Sundance Maxxus.

My top 4 would be Sundance, Hot Springs, Dimension 1, Artesian

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 01:22:30 pm »
is this right or am i missing some one and which ones are considered the top 3 ?

mike

Mike,
Everyone has their own "top # list". Mine would be (in no particular order) Sundance, Hot Springs, Caldera, D1 and Marquis while others will champion the likes of Jacuzzi, Master, Coleman, Arctic, Artesian, and on and on and on. You'll have to do some research to come up with your own list and then wet test your top choices.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

nicker

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 01:28:32 pm »
isn't that a loaded question!    I think you are on the right track with that list but you could add serveral more to it.  The problem with a question like that is that most people will pick their spa (we are proud of our spas).  I think what you want to do is research the mfg and dealer.  You want to know that when the time comes the MFG and dealer will be there to fix the problem quickly.  There is allot of good spas out there and they are not perfect and somthing could and in time will go wrong with it.   You read these horror stories about people with their quality tubs but get NO support from the dealer that sold it or the MFG that made it.  In my eyes stay the heck away from them.

other wise pick the tubs you want and feel comfortable in and that are in your budget then research them and their potential problems. Also another great think to ask is as the dealer you maybe buying from for some references.  Check with the customers first hand and see how any of their problems were handled.

good luck

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 01:29:39 pm »
This question in one form another gets asked again and again, and again.  THERE IS NO ANSWER.  You seem to already have a partial answer, that is good enough, pick the best one for you from those in that list that are in your area.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 02:00:36 pm »
I think the correct question is - What are the spas to avoid?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 02:03:23 pm »
I think the correct question is - What are the spas to avoid?

That may be a better question, with the caveot, consider the source of any answer you get.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

fatman

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 02:13:41 pm »
Vinny, Once again you have smacked it right on the head.  Avoid Cal, Thermospa, Coast and Gulf Coast. Terrible reputations especially for warranty work.

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 02:27:38 pm »
Ummm is answering this going to start another 3 page post? Well if you ask me the top 4 (in no order) would be
1. Hot Springs
2. Sundance
3. Master Spa
4. Caldera

I'd also add the following Manufactures as those that can hang with the the big 4. Dimension 1, Artesian, Jacuzzi premium and Marquis. If you hang around here these are the names you will see the most interests and post on.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 05:51:30 am »
ok, now for a canadian input.  I agree with some of you but I feel somewhat offended that when these types of questions are asked we neglect to mention the Arctic Spa.  I agree that sundance and hot springs are the most common and prestigious names, and with that comes a level of respect.  

I just bought my arctic spas tundra, on order, and feel that this is a great tub.  I dont know if we neglect to mention it due to the fact that it has been around just shy of a decade or if because it is a Canadian made tub.
Arctic spas has just been named one of Canada's fastest growing companies.  Its time to include this canadian product amongst the names of these excellent built tubs.

My top 3 tubs from my location would be (in no partcular order)

1 sundance (cant touch this)
2 hot springs (great tubs)
3 Arctic spas (what I chose)

I want to say d1 because of the great innovative designs and obvious customer satisfaction but i cant find a D1 dealer to save my life.

Lets cut out the fact that many feel that used car salesmen are selling these and sure they have a BS sales pitch with great marketing.

The people that do have an Arctic support the innovative designs and great customer and technical support.

myke

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 10:34:34 am »
thanks everyone for helping out a major newbie !!!!

did get a chance to check out the sundance optima and the hot springs grandee (both are very nice) and will be checking out the d1 and caldera.

tried finding a artersian & arctic  but there are no local dealers in san diego -  :o ???   ( i really like the construction of the arctic)

i am pretty lucky since hot springs, d1, and caldera are all local manufactures for me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 10:34:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42