What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension One "Vision"  (Read 5762 times)

ngenimatas

Dimension One "Vision"
« on: April 26, 2005, 10:44:59 pm »
I am considering a Dimension One Nautilus and a Sundance Optima. My D1 dealer says that with the Vision cartridge I would not have to use either chlorine or bromine with the spa. Has anyone has experience with this and is this only applicable to the D1 spas or with other spas as well?

Hot Tub Forum

Dimension One "Vision"
« on: April 26, 2005, 10:44:59 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Dimension One "Vision"
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 11:04:37 pm »
From what I know that is a bold statement...In most cases with products like Vision or Nature 2 or the frog it allows you to use LESS ....but you still need a sanitizer in some smaller amount....

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 11:04:45 pm »
There is no spa that doesn't use a sanitizer! At least not yet.

When I saw the Vision system it reminded me of a beefed up Nature 2 cartridge, which I found out is what it is. It is VERY expensive IMHO and it is only available at a D1 dealer.

I think the cost was $125 every 4 to 6 months and you could buy a lot of dichlor, bromine or Nature 2 for that money.

Other than that the D1 spas seem have good things said about them.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 01:37:59 am »
The Spa Frog with its silver based mineral cartridge...runs about $25.00 every 3 to 4 months depending on use.... this is for the mineral cartridge and not the bromine .....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 11:07:16 am »
dealer says that with the Vision cartridge I would not have to use either chlorine or bromine with the spa.

This sounds like he/she is saying what they think you want to hear. Nature 2 (or the vision cartridge, same thing, different size) work very well with ozone and HELPS you keep the water clean/clear. You will still need to use some chlorine to sanitize but relax, the 1-2 TSP of chlorine per use (after you exit the spa) will dissipate before the next day's soak so you shouldn't need a heavily chlorinated spa.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 11:38:44 am »
I will tell you a true story about D1 spas that happened about 9 months ago.  A dealer was having an off-site tent sale.  So I went to check them out.  

They had the “hit-team” there and this guy was saying how they have this chemical free program where you don’t add any chemicals and how the shell had a lifetime warranty.  

I was absolutely amazed (being sarcastic).

I asked for a copy of the warranty because they were talking about how great the lifetime warranty is on the shell.  The guy didn’t have a copy, but whipped out the owners manual from one of the spas.  It was in a large plastic zip-lock.  

Do you know what I found in that zip-lock, a once ounce packet of Di-Chlor.  I asked him what this was for… and his response was ahh ahh ahh… so much for chemical free.

poolboy34

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 09:19:35 pm »
that lil 2 ounce packet of Dichlor is to add upon filling the spa initially, to sanitize the source water.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 01:30:21 pm »
that lil 2 ounce packet of Dichlor is to add upon filling the spa initially, to sanitize the source water.

Because you need to sanitize the water in any spa -
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 04:54:32 pm »

not to nit pik, but is that implying that tap water has more "contaminents" that my spa, that has had several peoples entire body soaking in it????
wouldn't it stand to reason that if a tub could sanitize the water after multiple uses without any chemicals, should it need help with tap water? ::) ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 04:55:09 pm by kent »

Mark_Vee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 12:54:18 pm »
Every Dimension One Spa is Wet tested in the factory multiple times before it ships out.  Alot of other manufacturers do this as well.  It is also common for a little bit of water to be left in the plumbing lines, when this happens it provides a great environment for bacteria to grow and harbor in the plumbing lines.  They recognize this and provide you with some dichlor to help with this when it does occurr.  I have yet to see an owners manual that did not tell you to shock the spa immediately upon filling from any spa manufacturer.  This helps you enjoy the spa as soon as possible after receiving delivery which I am sure everyone in here is more than anxious to do.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 12:54:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42