What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Balboa Dolphin Remote  (Read 2582 times)

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
Balboa Dolphin Remote
« on: April 19, 2005, 09:32:07 pm »
Does anyone on the board own one of these? I just purchased on the other day and can't wait to get it. Although my spa will not be here until about a month, I am busy getting gadgets to make the spa that much more enjoyable. The Dolphin remote is a waterproof, universal remote. I have a 23" LCD television mounted on a wall in my sunroom in which my spa will be installed. I needed a waterproof remote that I could program to my television. The remote will also work on other audio/video equipment and works the spa controls on some spas. I asked if it would work for my Sundance Majesta and was told that if I purchased the separate IR Sensor, they could install a chip that was specific for my spa and this would allow me to control my spa from the remote as well  ;D. At this point, I am not interested in the spa controls, just my television. I did not want to take a chance at changing channels with the included remote and accidentally dropping it in the spa  :( . This remote has solved my dilemma!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Balboa Dolphin Remote
« on: April 19, 2005, 09:32:07 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Balboa Dolphin Remote
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 10:21:29 pm »
We offer them...I do not think they do enough for most people but in your situation it should be great to have....you can take advantage of things that most people can't. For your set up it will be very nice.....

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 10:41:20 pm »
Thanks, I think it will be the perfect solution. The other great thing is the remote floats  ;D

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 09:22:00 pm »
Just wanted to follow up with my original post. I got the remote today and as advertised, it floats and was fully compatible with my Samsung 23" LCD Television in our sunroom. Now we just have to wait for the spa to be delivered  ::)

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
I have been using a $5 remote in a ziplock
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 08:05:06 am »
How much does a Dolphin cost?  I just might buy one!

Snuggles

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 09:55:10 am »
That remote sounds great I do the poor man special: Radio Shack cheapy in a ziplock. If you have a link please post it I'd like to check it out.  

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 07:07:16 pm »
I paid about $160 for it. It is not cheap but I think it looks great and is fully programmable!! I have no regrets in my purchase. As far as a link, try searching under Balboa Instruments. Let me know if you can't find it and I will search for it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 07:07:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42