What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: anyone else in the trees?  (Read 3436 times)

txwillie

anyone else in the trees?
« on: April 22, 2005, 11:43:17 am »
My entire yard is under a canopy of trees. Yes, Dallas does have trees, you just have to be in the right part to find them. Looking for ideas for awnings, etc. to help keep falling stuff out of the tub. I've seen some really nice redwood enclosures, but I don't want to spend thousands. I've also seen some fairly inexpensive patio awnings, usually aluminum framing, supports at 4 corners, canvas roof. Seen some real cheap and flimsy ones and some that are pretty nice and quite sturdy. Anyone have a good source for something along these lines?

txwillie

Hot Tub Forum

anyone else in the trees?
« on: April 22, 2005, 11:43:17 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: anyone else in the trees?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 11:45:14 am »
Yes.....I do.......but it is out here in California ....I am unsure if paying the freight would make sense for you...

moviebuff2

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 12:43:55 pm »
I have a tree partly looming over my concrete pad (future site of much anticipated tub) but was thinking I would battle the leaves in order to look up and see stars at night.  I do not understand why tubs are covered when the point is to enjoy an outdoor tubbing experience (?).  Is it necessarily detrimental to the life of the spa to have trees in close proximity? I'm the ultimate newbie and am perhaps naive about this.  I'm also in California... who is the cover supplier out here?

Nancy

txwillie

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 01:58:07 pm »
I'm sure it's great to be able to stargaze in the tub, but that's just not an option for me. I basically live in an urban forest. The trees are a part of the appeal to this part of town. Since stargazing from the tub is and never was an option, I'm just looking to keep the crud out. I doubt if the pollen, leaves, etc. really damage anything, it's just messy.

txwillie

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 12:58:36 pm »
TXwillie,

I am running into a similar situation at our home in San Antonio that is under construction.  The appeal of our lot was the large grove of live oaks in the back.  I am either going to put the spa near the oaks or just away from them.

I was going to consider putting the spa underneath the grove but with all the leaves and things coming from the trees I am confident that there would be a good deal of organic matter (aka LEAVES) that would enter the spa while using it.

If you were to remove them as soon as they get in...just a bit more maintenance....I dont think it would be a problem, however, I would not want to take a chance that I forgot to clean the debris out and causing water probs.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 05:57:40 am »
I use a fitted bed sheet, cut and enlarged to fit over my regular hot tub cover. This keeps the stains off my regular cover from leaves, buds and all the stuff that falls from the trees surrounding my tub. It's easy to take off and when we are soaking there's only a few things that fall it and the weir basket and filter can handle that stuff. Now if you were going to be in it all day I would consider some type of cover but for an hour or 2 as long as it's not so windy. No problem.
Retired

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 11:06:25 am »
I have a Sunsetter retractable awning over my spa.   My spa is close to my house so I was able to connect the awning right to my house.  It has worked great.  It keeps the rain off of us if it is drizzling(it can not withstand a heavy downpour though), it also keeps the hot sun off of us if we use the tub in the summer.  It can also be rolled up when not needed or if heavy rain is expected.  I have also seen some pics of people who wanted them by their pool so they actually built a frame since they couldnt attach them to the house.  

txwillie

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 03:24:47 pm »
I was going to consider putting the spa underneath the grove but with all the leaves and things coming from the trees I am confident that there would be a good deal of organic matter (aka LEAVES) that would enter the spa while using it.

Guttboy:

You will be happier if put the tub away from the trees. I got mine in late summer and at that time of year there is not much wind or stuff falling from the trees. Spring and fall are pretty much a pain however. Think spring is actually worse since that is the windy season, and the small pollen fronds and such are messier than leaves. Washed out the filters yesterday and they were full of junk.

Then there was that incident with the birds....

txwillie

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 10:59:23 pm »
TX....we are going to put it away from the trees...those "oak pollen fronds" or whatever they are would be a really be a pain in the butt!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 06:55:57 am »
The Cottonwoods in the fall are the absolute WORST, in my opinion!!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 06:55:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42