What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filtration, Circulation, Heating Harmony  (Read 10817 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Filtration, Circulation, Heating Harmony
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2005, 10:36:27 am »
That's fine by me! ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2005, 10:36:27 am »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2005, 12:36:28 pm »
circlt,

Well you sure got some of the pros going.

This is my take on the whole filtration thing...If there were one design that out preformed every other design...everyone would be using it. That being said some manufactureres may use meathods that may make your life easier based on the amount of trees you have in your area.

I don't know if you have a Coleman dealer in your area but if you do take a look.

I can relate to the tree shedding problem you experience. My yard is an acre, and it has over 40 trees on it. In fact right now there are three different types losing pine needles, sticky sap pods, and fuzzy catapillars like blooms full of purple pollen. ( gotta love springtime )

Coleman spas have a skimmer basket that sits above the big filter. This will catch up to 95% of the debree that you'll be trying to wash out of the pleats of the filters of other hottubs that don't have a skimmer system.

They also have a first filter that is easy to put in and it sits on top of the skimmer basket for times you want to filter down to a tighter micron than any pleated filter can. The times I use mine would be when a dirt cloud blows by while you're in the spa or if you're had a heavy bather load with suntan lotion or bug lotion on. You just pop that little inexpensive easy to install, flat first filter in and catch up to 99% of debee before it goes to the big filter.

The first filter can easily be used at you discretion and rinsed out under the sink and reused many many times. The first filter will extend the life of the big filter because it's not getting the wear and tear of a filter that is in direct contact with the debree. When it starts to ball up and get loose you can feel guilt free in throwing it away because they come two to a pack for arounf $19.00

Coleman Spas also have 100% filtration in that they draw all water over the filter both top and bottom. 70% surface water and 30% bottom water (taken in through the intakes on the bottom of the spa which do not need to have spa socks on them.)

It's all about easily acheiving the best water quality with the smallest amount of effert on your part. When you're watching all those wonderful trees lose all that stuff in every season, try to imagine digging that out of a wet pleated paper filter,yuk!

I also think you need to wet test any spa you're interested in. You may feel the technology you choose makes the most sense to you, but if you don't fit in that spa, or float like an icecube out of every seat....you'll forget what those great selling points were and will be much more likely to experience buyers remorse  :'( The worst call any dealer can get is right after the first soak when the spa doesn't fit or the therapy isn't what you wanted because no wet test was done...

Spahappy :D

shabba34

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2005, 12:43:36 pm »
All this filtration talk has made me hungry....ummm....anyone for a full foam burger w/ extra closed cell or will it be the thermal lock dog hold the R-Value ;D

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2005, 01:24:54 pm »
I prefer substance instead of junk food....

You know you are what you eat! ;)

shabba34

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2005, 01:32:13 pm »
I prefer substance instead of junk food....

You know you are what you eat! ;)

I feel myself turning into mushroom barely soup as we speak. ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2005, 01:32:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42