What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Delivery Lead Times  (Read 5553 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Delivery Lead Times
« on: April 20, 2005, 10:02:59 am »
I've noticed in reading this board for the last 6 months that there seems to be some extremely long lead times between ordering a spa and getting it delivered.  Why is that?

Some folks are having to wait a month or two to get their spa delivered.  Do the dealers not keep any inventory or is it more on the side of the customer not having a place to put the spa?

Some folks have come into my store and bought spas because it was going to take the other guys a month to get their spa when we could sometimes do it the next day.  Just wondering what is going on out there.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Delivery Lead Times
« on: April 20, 2005, 10:02:59 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Delivery Lead Times
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 10:09:23 am »
Seems like the majority of the posters here mentioning long delays are ordering their spas and finding those delays long.  I actually purchased my tub in late Feb, had to put in the concrete pad, which we had to wait for good weather, the tub stayed on my dealer's floor for about 6 weeks.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chris_H

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 10:10:11 am »
Terminator,

In my area, the majority of dealers will wait till they have a truckload of spas to order the purchasers spa.  Basically the dealers save themselves about $100 per spa.  They usually hold no inventory and don’t have to pay Textron.  

I am not saying that is a good or bad thing, but I would say 90% of customers are not ready for the spa to be delivered on the day of purchase.  If they would be, I think dealers would always have the most popular colors and models available for immediate delivery like a Pearl and Gray Vanguard.

I would also think the philosophy of in-stock spas changes depending on the region.  Does anything I just wrote make sense?

Chris

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 10:31:52 am »
Chris H, that does make sense.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 11:35:18 am »
Chris H, that does make sense.

Terminator

... as long as the customer knows this up front and isn't promised a delivery date that the dealer knows full well he can't make but says yes to get the sale completed.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

shabba34

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 11:36:40 am »
Under promise and over produce! ;)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 02:50:08 pm »
I can appreciate the desire to save money both as a dealer and a consumer but the thought of putting a customer off for an unspecified amount of time to save an additional $100.00 on freight while it is a very realistic savings ....the thought of it possibly costing or causing a problem with the sale of a unit would not be worth to me ..... If it slows down an order anything longer than a weeks time....I would say pass, pay the extra 100.00 and get the deal done ....

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 05:23:21 pm »

... as long as the customer knows this up front and isn't promised a delivery date that the dealer knows full well he can't make but says yes to get the sale completed.

Great point. My dealer gave me a great deal on a new cover and I know getting it in with his next shipment is part of that deal. I'm not dead in the water without it and we both understood this up front.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 07:24:04 pm »
As far as lead times go the piper glen was a minimum of 8 weeks the maxxus I ordered was 5 weeks, I live in the newburyport area of mass.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 08:47:59 pm »
As far as lead times go the piper glen was a minimum of 8 weeks the maxxus I ordered was 5 weeks, I live in the newburyport area of mass.

Interesting, my dealer is quoting 4 week delivery times for Artesian here in NJ.

I guess depending on the brand and the options being offered, I see nothing wrong with waiting 4 - 6 weeks for a tub. In the Artesian Platinum, Gold and Island series there are at least 10 colors that can be selected, when I saw the Sweeetwater Bahia, I think there were 3. I couldn't possibly see a dealer anticipating any orders with colors unless it's a proprietary color such as D1's "lifetime warrantied" white or something like that.

J._McD

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 09:29:33 pm »
While shopping, I will tell the consumer 3-4 weeks.  When they buy it, I order it.  Many are not necessarily ready to receive it as quick as I can get it, but yet I did notice some people jon the web indicating long lead time.  I thought the dealer couldn't be doing much business and trying to save on freight.

Typically, it takes the factory 10 working days to manufacture the spa and in the midwest another 5 days to get it here.  Plus or minus 2 or 3 days for it to start production or wait for a truck, plus or minus a weekend, 3-4 weeks.

A guy was in last Tuesday and wanted to know when we could deliver.  I simply told him, if you like the color, this afternoon.  If you want a different color 3-4 weeks.  We did deliver it that aftenoon and the deal was done in 25 minutes.

That's happend three times in 21 years, but 70% of them, I'm sitting on the spa for 1 to 3 weeks after they get here for the customer to be prepared.  30% of them get delivered immediately out of the warehouse stock.   We usually stock around 60-80 spas in inventory with 32 to 36 of them on the floors in 2 stores that get sold and delivered turning the floor over constantly.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 10:11:19 pm »
That's happend three times in 21 years, but 70% of them, I'm sitting on the spa for 1 to 3 weeks after they get here for the customer to be prepared.  30% of them get delivered immediately out of the warehouse stock.   We usually stock around 60-80 spas in inventory with 32 to 36 of them on the floors in 2 stores that get sold and delivered turning the floor over constantly.

WOW!

You must have huge stores!

My dealer has about 8 spas in her store.

When talking to my dealer about delivery time, it seems she runs into the same situation as you. As a matter of fact that will probably happen to me - spa ready before I'm ready. She claims not to worry and that she has the room.

surfmore

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 10:18:36 pm »
I could understand how the customer might not be ready because in my case I haven't picked out my spa and I need to pour a pad and each spa has a different size. I guess i could go a couple of feet more but would like to as close has possible.

J._McD

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 12:23:02 am »
Vinny, I gotta be ready when my shopper is.  We do not attempt to pressure them into a decision, but BS walks and money talks, are you ready to do something?

2 stores with 14- 16 spas on each floor.  You can't sit in a picture.  My desire would be to have each model in water.  Not practicle.  One with lounge, one without.  Which color do you like?

I am exclusively hot tub, well 85% and 15% Saunas.  Our business it predominantly hot tubs, 24-6 off on Sunday, which is a good shopping day and I feel we should be open, but you can only do so much.  

But, we remain available to our customer 24-7-365,  that's service.

gtballer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 12:48:56 am »
I decided on the HS vista last Thur I think. The dealer had several color combos available for Sat delivery including the one I wanted (opal and espresso) however it was a floor model not wet but on the floor. He has several more being delivered the following Monday. So I waited and had a new one delivered on Tuesday ļ He told me they tried to keep most colors and models in stock. They like to be able to deliver them before people change their minds. LOL. I have had mine for just over 24 hours and I am loving it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 12:48:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42