What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa lift/suds  (Read 3548 times)

rockey

spa lift/suds
« on: April 11, 2005, 07:35:24 am »
 :)  Hello again,  I finally purchased my spa.  It is an Everyday Marquis Model 636 with the upgrades.  We have had it about a month now.  We do enjoy it.  I hope we made a good choice.  I havent received my first electric bill, but I am told it will not increase a great deal. I do however, have a couple more questions; one is that I seem to have suds, is their a reason for this? Also, this may not be a question you get frequently but, my husband just had a stroke and I myself have medical physical medical problems.  Do they make or offer any kind of lift or trapeze type of equipment for helping one into or out of the spa.  Greatly appreciate your feed back. Have a wonderful day and thanks again for your help. Jackie   :D

Hot Tub Forum

spa lift/suds
« on: April 11, 2005, 07:35:24 am »

fatman

Re: spa lift/suds
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 08:10:06 am »
rockey, If you are looking for a lifting device to lift yourself in and out of a hot tub, you may want to check with a local nursing home. I doubt if you would want to buy a piece of equipment from them as it would be well worn but the staff could refer you to a company that sells lifting devices. You may also try a hospital with a physical therapy or burn unit. It will be to your benefit to shop around a bit as suppliers and the equipment they sell can vary greatly both in price, design and ergonomics as well as ease of use.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 08:21:14 am »
Check with any medical supply places that you may have in your area- they make all kinds of assist equipment.  You could also check with your insurance company and see if you can get anything covered.  
Considering both of your medical situations, I'd certainly look into it, or even Medicare, if your in a position to use it.

As for the suds, that can come from detergent carrying into the water from your swim wear.   I've tried the anti foam treatment that my spa dealer sells, and it took care of the suds problem instantly.
You don't want to rely on this to treat a chronic suds problem, but it works great as a quick fix till you can correct the cause of the problem.

Brewman
Brewman

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 10:39:08 am »
I agree with Brewman, your problem is introducing the suds, anti foam will eliminate the symptoms, however will create other maintenance issues for you to attend to.  Rinse what you wear into the spa thouroghly to rinse out any residual phosphates.  Everything else is an expense that brings you back for more.

Lifts or assists, check with you dealer there are 12 listings in the Pool and Spa directory.  Try aquaticaccess.com for starters, then see your dealer.

You made an excellent choice, good quality.  Don't worry about the electric bill now, it won't be astronomical.  Consider more, the benefit received and enhance you life with hot water enjoyment.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 12:36:16 pm »
You might consider a drain and refill at this point, too (known around here as Chas' law)!

When you get a new tub, there are varying factors that contribute to suds (or foam).  Detergent in suits is one thing, but over doing it on chemicals, due to the learning curve, is another one!

Just an idea!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 03:10:33 pm »
There is a special lift...that is made for spas....I will try to find some literature for you ....Perhaps someone here will know who it is.....as for the suds it most likely a swim suit problem and nothing to do with your spa ..try not using them or as others mentioned rinsing them throughly before spa use......

rockey

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 07:32:20 am »
 ;D   Thanks to all of you. I am looking into your suggestions today.  You guys are a great help.  Thanks again.  Will keep you posted.  and by the way, Love the hot tub, I just want to make it possible for my husband to enjoy too when he gets home from Rehab.  Thanks again.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 08:07:40 am »
One thing about the foam out products. Don't pour it into the tub. Put it in a spray bottle, some people dillute it with water.  Turn on your jets, when the foam builds, spray the stuff right on the foam. You will get the same results and use far less of it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 02:34:35 pm »
I've managed to cure the suds problem in my tub!  ::) I mostly use the tub right before I go to bed around 12:30AM. So............ for my girlfriend and I........No swim suits! ;D  ;D  ;D   (After all you don't wear a suit when you take a bath do you?) I do find that after having others over and kids in the tub that the Degerent problem resurfaces!
(BTW here's a great trick...next time you have a few folks over get  in the tub wearing your plain black swim shorts. Turn on all the jets. Then when no one can see pull your second plain black suit out of the pocket of your shorts and waive them on high exclaiming " I love the freedom of being all natural" and see the looks on their faces! Well worth the effort!)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 02:34:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42