What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting Closer to SPATOPIA!!  (Read 3703 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Getting Closer to SPATOPIA!!
« on: April 04, 2005, 08:26:28 pm »
Went today to the township and seems that I finally had everything in order (Hopefully 3rd time's the charm and not 3 strikes and I'm out)! I submitted the plans for my deck, screen room and tub.

I almost didn't get to submit them as one of the planning engineers quoted something about needing a 5 foot setback from the house just like a swimming pool - LUCKILY the boss was there and said that requirement was wrong! The inspections department said it'll be about 2 weeks for the plans to be approved.
I got the permit for the 200 Amp upgrade to my house, so I can get that done while waiting for the rest of the plans.

I guess I'm ready to ORDER THE TUB - it takes 4 - 6 weeks to get it in. I waited until I submitted the plans so that my dealer didn't have to hold it too long.

Oh man, I can't wait!! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Getting Closer to SPATOPIA!!
« on: April 04, 2005, 08:26:28 pm »

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
Re: Getting Closer to SPATOPIA!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 08:45:09 pm »
Good Luck!!   What spa did you pick? We just got a HS Envoy last Friday and love it. Spatopia is correct!!!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 09:09:23 pm »
I'm getting the Artesian Grand Cayman.

I did all the preordering and left a deposit in Oct 2004 to hold the price. I went to the dealer on a whim and she was great! She was the one who suggested it. All the dealers I went to told me that 2005 prices will be rising due to petroleum prices and none suggested that they would hold the 2004 price for me.

My only problem is I don't know what color to get! My wife is going to help me pick the color (she actually doesn't want anything to do with the tub - it's my project). Originally I was going to get black granite, I thought it might look cool and mysterious but then I bought the LED light so now I'm thinking a light color, like moonscape.

Or maybe it'll come down to: Eany Meany Miney Moe - LOL!

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 09:50:20 pm »
Moonscape Vinny.  That's what we have and with the LED light, it is just fantastic.  

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 10:38:04 pm »
wow, it is like reading my own story.  I have been getting all of my designs together for the backyard.  I am just waiting for the better wheater before I get a pretty big concrete job finished.  
 I have just recently decided to go with the arctic spas tundra series.  I feel like I am in limbo waiting to see when my cement will be in.   I have also finally decided what to do around the tub.  I am building a beautiful cedar privacy wall around tub with cedar bar, steps and gardening.  

My wife as well does not want anything to do with this project so she said it was up to me.  When I first looked I loved the deep blue tub that they sell.  I hated the light color tubs.  Now I love the moonscape for some reason.  I think it just looks cleaner and shows off all of the jetting.  I also upgraded to the deluxe northern lighting which consists of 5 lights with several different colors.  

Now the problem is, my wife is really wanting the blue and even though she said it was my project, she needs to be onside with this in some small way.  Now how do I get her to change her mind on the blue.  I just think that the blue will not accent the lighting.  Any thoughts on this.  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 06:42:23 am »
bosco0633,

Maybe show her the tub and show her what the lights look like. My wife was leaning toward a blue also until I told her about the LED light and how it changes color.

But then again we still might get blue - who knows!

Vinny

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 06:55:54 am »
Does your dealer have a light colored tub with the fancy lights on display?  Take her in and show her!  That is one reason I fell in love with my pearl shell!  In fact, I was in the opposite position, hubby left it all to me, it was my project!  Then he wanted to help pick the color, and wanted the blue, but I proved to him how much prettier the tub was in the pearl with the lights!!!

Of course, I got my wish!!!  ;)  Did I mention I have a great hubby?   ;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 10:05:22 pm »
I would love to take her into the store but now I have driven her crazy with this hot tub .  Her new thing is that she wants nothing to do with this hottub.  She is still a little mad that changed from the summit series to the big Tundra.  I may have forgotten to mention that.

Anyways, I know how I am and I always get my way.  But I have to be a good husband and get my way through trickery.  

I would love to see how the tub lights up in the dark.  Thanks again for your help

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 10:36:15 pm »
Go to Doc's site - rhtubs - and do a search under LED. The color kinetic lights come up - there's a small picture of a spa changing lights. Give that a try, I'm not quite sure if your tub will look the same with the type of lights your getting but it may be a place to start!

Vinny
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 10:36:35 pm by Vinny »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 07:41:01 am »
vinny,

On the model that you are going to purchase, look at the Dyna-Brite lighting system. It is like a light show. As a matter of fact, stop by my location in Bristol, take a lookat it for yourself. Then decide whether it is truly a feature you desire..

hottubber... ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 07:42:01 am by hottubber »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 08:49:22 am »
Is this something other than the LED light?

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 09:57:56 am »
Yes Vin,

The dynabright is an awesome lighting system. It looks like the are numerous lights throughout the spa and even behind the pillows. At least that is what's in the Piper Glen.

hottubber... ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 09:57:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42