What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: WET TESTED THE '05 SUNDANCE MAXXUS  (Read 2425 times)

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
WET TESTED THE '05 SUNDANCE MAXXUS
« on: March 29, 2005, 09:54:51 pm »
I knew I would love it & I did! At 6'-4" tall I was squished in some of the tubs I tried (knee to chin syndrome). The re-designed maxxus has incredible legroom, a foot dome w/ severe gusto, 2 water falls, a lounger ( wasn't really wanting one but I enjoyed it),led lighting,3-3hp cont.run pumps(not brake hp) this spa is large & very powerfull, I know this is not for everyone but it's what I am looking for. It has 55 jets, every seat seemed as good as the previous one. . I don't understand why this spa is not considered a party tub?It is a huge improvement over the '04 model (large tub but not a great layout). Now the long wait begins, 5 weeks till it arrives (i'm counting the days). My price was $10,325 w/ ozone, coverlifter,steps,start-up chems & delivery. I cannot say enough about the dealer, great bay spa  in portsmouth NH. 20+ years in business & never charges any traveling fees for warranty work. Huge party!, everyones invited(except for the kid who left the doogie in that poor lady's tub) Again thanks for all the info!

Hot Tub Forum

WET TESTED THE '05 SUNDANCE MAXXUS
« on: March 29, 2005, 09:54:51 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: WET TESTED THE '05 SUNDANCE MAXXUS
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 10:06:30 pm »
thats great.  Did you find it alot deeper than the optima.  I have not seen one yet in person, just pictures on the net.  Iwould love to see the maxxus, no dealer down here has one in.

Maybe it is for the best that I dont see it.  That way I am not rethinking my decision to go arctic

good for you just think 5 weeks is better than 4 to 5 months.  I got a long long long way to go.

mowgli1

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 10:10:28 pm »
I knew you would love the Maxxus. It's a great fit for long legs. What color shell and skirting did you choose? Congratulations! ;D

samhunter

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 10:20:43 pm »
Its 4" deeper than the optima but because of the seating heights it just feels a lot more than that,  It is also 21" longer than the optima (front to rear), the leg room is great. The diverter valves & air valves are a bit confusing (there seems to be so many more than the optima. I was incredibly surprised at the versatility & ajustability. Great tub

samhunter

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 10:26:11 pm »
Hey Mowgli I was hoping you were around, after reading your comments I decided to look into the maxxus again (saw the '04 model & was not impressed) but what a difference a year makes! My color choice was the platinum w/ coastal base. very clean looking.

mowgli1

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 10:49:56 pm »
You are so right about the difference between '04 & '05. Good choice on colors. Hope you enjoy it for many years.

isillies

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 10:31:09 pm »
Did you compare the lounger against any other tubs (Hot Spring, D1)? I am 6' 4" also and interested in what your opinion is regardin leg room and comfort.

samhunter

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 03:34:17 pm »
No I did not as I was not really interested in a lounger. But, most of the tubs that had loungers, visually appeared short (the lounger that is) It seems the amount of room neccesary for a 6'+ person could not be achieved in a standard sized tub without giving up a corner seat. The maxxus has the advantage in that respect being 9'2" long. (sorry it took so long to respond)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 03:34:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42