What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet test results.  Ahhh, ahhhh and ahhhhhhhh!  (Read 2510 times)

SpaTime

Wet test results.  Ahhh, ahhhh and ahhhhhhhh!
« on: March 30, 2005, 03:22:42 pm »
Well, I just returned from my 1st wet test, and if this is what it's like, I sure am gonna like this research.

After driving back from NY thru more rain than I've ever seen before, I wasn't especially energised to pickup with my spa research.  I called a local Master Spa and PDC?? dealer nearby and set up a wet test of 2 tubs.  My back and neck were killing me from being hunched over the wheel, so I wanted to see if I got any relief.

Wet test #1
Master Spa LS 750 no lounger, 5-6 seater 7'6" 2 cool down seats.
List $7900.00 inc stairs, chems setup & del lift is $229.00 adnl.
Well, this spa was very nice!  As I got in over my waist, I could feel my body starting to relax.  Temp was 100.  I wanted to work out my neck muscles 1st and was directed to sit in one of the 2 reverse moulded seats.  Holy mollie!  the spa shell almost covers your shoulders, and nestled inside were (2) per side jets.  one each of a spinner jet and constant jet.  I was able to point the constant jet anywhere I needed.  (I was told by the service mgr that many of the jets can be swapped around).  I have to say that after about 7-10 mins, my neck and shoulders were VERY happy.  I have had recurrent Sciatica, so I started going around the seats till I found (2) different seats that offered a nice penetrating effect right where I wanted it.  Then I tried the (2) Master Blasters.  This would be Master Spa's unique feature (IK have found that most mfgr's pick one feature to hype as "exclusive"  They were nice, but at 1st I thought them underpowered.  After a while they seemed fine.  The footwell seemed a bit too small to fit 6 comfortably.  This unit offered 2 remote controls, so you didn't have to get up to go from low/high/off.  My overall impression was quite favorable, tho I noticed that the price is above where we ultimately want to be.

This post is very large so I will make a separate post for the 2nd spa I wet tested.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 03:40:22 pm by SpaTime »

Hot Tub Forum

Wet test results.  Ahhh, ahhhh and ahhhhhhhh!
« on: March 30, 2005, 03:22:42 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Wet test results.  Ahhh, ahhhh and ahhhhhhhh!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 05:40:06 am »
Im not real impressed with Master Spa but they have those that love them. Both good and bad have been posted.
Retired

Deron

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 08:37:49 am »
Spatime,
Glad to hear that you liked the LS750. If the footwell was too small take a look at the LS850. Similiar features only an 8' X 8' model. Also check out the LSX. Let me know if you have any questions that I can answer for you.

Deron Hess
Master Spas, Inc.
dhess@masterspas.com

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 10:02:33 am »
"(I was told by the service mgr that many of the jets can be swapped around)."

This was a feature that attracted me to my Dynasty tub and I still find valuable.  While I haven't moved any jets around in months, this tub is customized perfectly for me and my family.  I'm betting there isn't another tub in the world just like it.  ;D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 01:21:48 pm »
SpaTime,
I absolutely love my '04 LSX.  Read my review of it here.  So far, after 9 months in service, zero issues and lots of pleasure.  I don't know how the service will be because the tub has been issue free.....I hope I'll never know.  

Deron, where have you been?  Good to see you around again.  We swapped emails about 2 years ago before there were any MS dealers in FL and now there's a new MS dealer here in Tallahassee as well as the dealer in Tampa where I purchased mine.  Good to have you around again..... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 01:21:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42