What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Soak in Euphoria!!!  (Read 4854 times)

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
First Soak in Euphoria!!!
« on: March 27, 2005, 10:59:54 am »
The spa arrived on Friday exactly when the dealer said it would, he called me first thing Friday morning and said they we will be there in 45 minutes andt hey were.  Delivery crew was great and careful, and answered all my questions.  While the crew was installing, my salesman called to make sure everything was going ok, he said to call him after the electrician had finished the hookup, and if  I had any other questions dont hesitate to call and he gave me his cell phone number.  

The electrician came yesterday and did a great job with the hookup.  He was very experienced with spa hookups and was talking about how his dad raves about his Hot Springs.  He really took his time with the install, nice cuts through the house, ran the PVC coated wire through 2 inch conduit, added an additional 110 outlet.  The tub is located about 100 feet from the breaker in the house.  The electrician cost me only $650.    He also waited for me to have the tub up and running.

When I turned the tub on it started right up, and the temperature reading was 42 degrees, it was 3:30 in the afternoon.  I closed the cover and began my long wait.  At around 5:00 it was up to 53 degrees, I knew my chances of a soak this evening were slim to none.  We went out for the evening and returned around 11:00 pm.  I went out to check the tub and the temperature was at 85 degrees.  I figured at this rate it would be 102  by 3:00am.  I let the dog out at 6:00 this morning and heard the spa silent and I knew it was ready.

I was like a little kid on Christmas, and so was my wife.  She even bought a cute little bikini for the maiden soak!  We had a quick Easter breakfast, but the anticipation was killing us.  My wife got my son ready, and I went out the spa.

When I lifted the cover and saw that steam rise, I forgot about everything!  I jumped right in turned on the jets and just started to laugh.  It felt so great and I was in Euphoria.  I could not wait to see my wifes face when she got in.  She thought I was crazy in the first place to do all the research and wet test, and to spend so much money, But she only said one thing when she got in "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You were right, this is great, and we should have gotten it sooner".

We stayed in for about 45 minutes and tried every seat and played with the diverter valves.  At first I really did not like the idea of having two high cool down seats, but let me tell you, these seats make the use of the spa more enjoyable.  It feels great to go back and forth between a deep seat and a cool down seat.

As soon as you hit that water you forget about wet testing, all the other tubs you looked at, and the cost of the tub.  I wish I would have bought this thing years ago.  It just made me happy.

Many more soaks are planned for today, and than later tonight the first evening soak.  Sorry for the long post, but I am so happy and truly satisfied with the purchase of my Marquis Euphoria.  Thanks everyone for your help.  I will eventually post a few pictures.

Hot Tub Forum

First Soak in Euphoria!!!
« on: March 27, 2005, 10:59:54 am »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: First Soak in Euphoria!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 11:05:07 am »
I'm so happy to hear you and your wife are enjoying the tub!

May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 11:59:09 am »
That my freind..is what it's all about!!!! ;) 8) 8) 8)

Great post!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 11:59:38 am by stuart »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 12:19:42 pm »
Not only was that a great post that shows the real enjoyment of ownership, but it gives a real clue as to why the rest of us enjoy this industry so much. That's a very common response that we all get the enjoyment of being a part of when we sell these spas.

Here's to many long, enjoyable soaks BB! Enjoy it!

Steve

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 01:24:58 pm »
Congratulations .... funny thing about those cool down seats ....sometimes people are leery about them but for most they quickly become very popular ...Do enjoy...

drprwnap

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 05:44:32 pm »
Congrats on the new tub, BB  ;D ;D
Your post is what I'm sure mine will be when I finally get my tub!!! I got excited just reading it.  Makes me all the more disappointed I had to cancel my Reward wet test the other day  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Anyway, hope you have many years enjoyment with your tub!!! 8) ;D ;D

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

jaj111

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 08:39:18 pm »
congrats on the new tub I just got my HS Vista this weekend and it's been wonderful. happy soaking

spanewbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 11:04:25 pm »
Congrats on your Euphoria purchase.  We purchased an 04 Euphoria, enjoyed our first about three weeks ago, and share your enthusiasm for what a great addition the spa has been to our enjoyment of daily life.  A spa is really such a simple thing -- hot, moving water.  Isn't it funny how the simplest things in life are so often the most enjoyable.

My wife and I are still laughing at far off we were in our pre-ownership ideas of how we would use and enjoy a spa.  The last thing I thought I would be interested in was moving all over the spa, using all of the different seats and fiddling with the remarkable amount of adjustability that the Euphoria offers with the tri-zone therapy concept.  I also thought I would seldom care to blast my body with full throttle therapy from the Euphorias jets.  Foot massage?  That's for girls, according to me.  Well, after three weeks of use, I have to admit that I have not yet used the spa without sitting in all of the seats, working through all of the zones, using the jets on high for a while and spending some time in the foot massage position.  We also always spend some time with the the pumps on low speed and with the pumps completely off to enjoy our very quiet desert nights.  I have said this before and I will repeat it again -- a spa is a tough product to buy if you have never owned a spa before.  I will also say that knowing what we now know, we would definitely not hesitate to purchase exactly the spa we have now.

As some of you may recall, our lone source of dissatisfaction was the color combination that we selected -- grey cabinet and charcoal cover.  These colors did not blend well at all in our setting as they were brighter and more reflective than we anticipated once we actually had the spa out in the full sunlight.  We did some research with Dunn Edwards and painted our cabinet a shade of light, natural brown to match the color of the split-face blocks that form our spa enclosure.  This interested some of you who requested that we post pictures.  First, let me thank Bill (the moderator), because the pictures are only available because of his technological know-how and willingness to assist.  Second, I know as much about taking good pictures as I do about technology, so I regret that the pics do not show off the color of the cabinet a bit better.  Of course, our objective was to make the spa blend vs. stand out, so perhaps we accomplished that.  We have four pictures to post, but I at the moment I am only able to get the first picture into this message.  I will post the other three in another post after I consult further will Bill.

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 11:32:43 pm »
Well, Badback congrat's on your Euphoria.
Reading your post took me back 10 months to my Euphoria first soak. Reading your words was as if I was reading my own story. And yes AAAHHH!!!!!!!!!

Now we can never go without. Now that we have.

Happy Soaking ::) ::) ::)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 12:17:50 pm »
Great picture, spanewbe!  I think it looks terrific!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 12:40:23 pm »
 The last thing I thought I would be interested in was moving all over the spa, using all of the different seats and fiddling with the remarkable amount of adjustability

That was the biggest difference for me in having been in spas belonging to friends and owning my own.  I had forgotten feeling that way till you mentioned it.  

PS, watch for the other pictures.  The others really show off the spectacular view that Mr/ Mrs Spanewbe have. Those of you like Under the Stars and myself  will be jealous of your view of the night sky and your surroundings.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 12:50:46 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spanewbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 08:38:47 pm »
As mentioned last night, a few more installed Euphoria pictures are shown below.  As you can see from the second shot below, one of our goals was to get the spa built more into the land vs. sitting on top of the land.

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 08:57:18 pm »
Thanks everyone for the best wishes.  The past few days have been really fun.  Spanewbe, your landscaping and views are very nice.  It reminds me of when I lived in Colorado.  No views like that on Long Island where I live.  

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 09:10:26 pm »
what a beautiful view.  Very nice landscaping job.  I wish I had that kind of beauty in my back yard.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 09:40:20 pm »
Very nice pictures BadBack.  Where do you live?  Arizona I'm guessing....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 09:40:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42