What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemical Rankings ?  (Read 6111 times)

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Chemical Rankings ?
« on: March 22, 2005, 06:40:44 pm »
Hi,  just wondering if anyone has any strong thoughts on chemicals, in terms of which brand might be their favorite.

Again, this could mean alot of things to different people, so the reason I ask is, I've had a lot of problems with green tinted water in my Jacuzzi J-345, and the dealer has as well with the current brand of chemicals.  He has tried a new brand and doesn't seem to have the same issues.  He is doing the same chemical regimen and everything.

Thoughts ?...

Hot Tub Forum

Chemical Rankings ?
« on: March 22, 2005, 06:40:44 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Chemical Rankings ?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 07:36:51 pm »
It's a good question Mark as there is a wide variety of products avaliable to consumers.

I have always had great luck with SpaGuard products. In my opinion, they are one of the better values in chemicals and provide a very simple procedure for weekly care.

They real key here is to have a dealer that will offer free water analysis with a printout based on the brand of chemicals you use. Otherwise, you may have the very best product available but without the support and knowledge of a well trained dealer, your water can and will suffer because of it.

Steve

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 08:00:38 pm »
  Steve, you are so money tonight,  with your posts.   ;D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 08:20:19 pm »
 Steve, you are so money tonight,  with your posts.   ;D

lol..yeah well even a broken clock is right twice a day..... ;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 08:32:24 pm »
Don't make me come down there and lay a WHOOP'N on yer a$$! ;D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 09:08:34 pm »
lol...Steve you can come down anytime you wish...a new pub just opened across from me ...who knows maybe it will be a can of a different type that we open...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 09:12:45 pm »
The Hydro"pool" of alcohol...Ummmm, has a ring to it. :D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 09:15:00 pm »
What's best might vary depending on your water. Read labels!  Some products are buffered so that they don't effect your PH, but if you don't need that, you end up using more product than   you need.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 09:38:23 am »
If you are using dichlor, I've found the All Clear in the 5# cannister works great and the cannister is VERY user friendly with its nice handle, wide mouth opening and easy to open/close lid.  The dichlor is the 62% active chlorine variety as well.  Get it at Doc's site here:
All Clear
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

golferm

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 12:37:48 pm »
It's a good question Mark as there is a wide variety of products avaliable to consumers.

I have always had great luck with SpaGuard products. In my opinion, they are one of the better values in chemicals and provide a very simple procedure for weekly care.

They real key here is to have a dealer that will offer free water analysis with a printout based on the brand of chemicals you use. Otherwise, you may have the very best product available but without the support and knowledge of a well trained dealer, your water can and will suffer because of it.

Steve

Thanks Steve.  I've used Spa Guard in the past, but my current dealer won't be carrying it.  It's being carried by the local HS store, where I didn't buy my tub, so I don't know what to do.  As I mentioned, I've having a lot of green tint problems, and my friend with a HS Grandee, pearl shell, doesn't have any with the same city water and Spa Guard chems.  

golferm

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 01:06:35 pm »
I was going to add that as much as I want to support my dealer, I want great water chemistry, and feel that Spa Guard may give me the best chance for that.

fletch49

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 02:09:45 pm »
I'd love to try Soft Soak by SpaGuard...but up here in the great white north, big brother is pretty strict in telling us what we can and can't put in our personal tubs.  :P

Any one care to ship me up a case? Maybe I'll try ebay.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 03:37:04 pm »
lol..yeah well even a broken clock is right twice a day..... ;)

Well, I figured I've been here about 18 months now, 1800 posts, thats around 100 posts a month or roughly 3 per day, so maybe I'm right 2/3's of the time?  That's better than I do at work or home!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 04:32:33 pm »

so maybe I'm right 2/3's of the time?  That's better than I do at work or home!

I hope you're not an air traffic controller.  
With that success rate, maybe you're a really good weather forecaster?
Brewman
Brewman

h20bill

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2005, 11:21:03 pm »
remeber that there are only a few chem manufactures
in the US. keep water chemistry simple. Most brands are
just that, we are a chemical packager, buying bulk and putting it in our bottles. Sodium bi-carb, sodium bisulfate, sodium carbonate, sodium dichlor, calcium carbonate, is the same from brand to brand aside from a few different concetrations. pay attention to active ingriedients and percentages. stay away from snake oils
and magic potions. computer test results rarely jive with
commercial grade manual test kits.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2005, 11:21:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42