What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I had to laugh at this  (Read 1949 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
I had to laugh at this
« on: March 28, 2005, 02:38:41 pm »
Taken from another spa forum......

"I went with a Gulf Coast spa after seeing their infomercial. They actually bought a 2-seater Thermo hot tub with just a few jets for $6,400 and put it next to their big 57-jet, 6-seater and showed how you can have the Boca Grande for a lot less."

So that is how you show value to someone go out and over pay for something to prove to your customer what a great deal you are offering them. Would anyone with a little bit of sense fall for this. I have been around sales a long time and this is one of the silliest things I have seen.  

« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 03:53:18 pm by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

I had to laugh at this
« on: March 28, 2005, 02:38:41 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: I had to laugh at this
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 03:28:51 pm »
Is Gulf Coast one of those comanies who claim the retail value of their spas are $11,000, but they give you a "deal" for $5,500, "saving" you all that money?
Brewman
Brewman

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 03:49:18 pm »
YES!!
they are still wrapped in the original plastic!! in a local storage locker near you!! dont delay! they could all be gone!

fletch49

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 05:17:19 pm »
I once saw a sign stapled to a hydro pole advertising wholesale prices on retail tubs. I was in the market for a tub, so I gave them a call. The guy was selling Gulf Coast Spa's in the back of some seedy strip mall warehouse. He mentioned that the tubs were top of the line units, that he purchased at a going out of business type auction, for a really good price. He indicated that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and that once these tubs were gone, that was it!

That is the only experience I have had with Gulf Coast, and even a guy new to the market such as myself at that time could tell they were build..well like a Yugo. I didn't even ask about the warranty.  

My advise to people looking for a deal. Pay the extra $1000, and get a real tub, with a real warranty. Actually I have a good example. I needed my brakes (front & rear)replaced on my car about 10 months ago, so I took it to the dealership. They wanted $1000 for OEM replacement. I thought that was too much,so I took it to a Mom and Pop type garage, and the guy quoted me $700.00. I went with the $700.00 brake job, and 10 months, 15k miles later I hear a grinding noise. Sure enough it's my front brakes. Metal on metal. I take it back....and he tells me that yes I need new brakes and that he will not warranty the brakes that he put on just 15k miles ago. My $700 just went to $1500, because I am now going back to the dealer for an OEM replacement.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 05:17:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42