What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I need help picking a hot tub!!!  (Read 2886 times)

jss944

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I need help picking a hot tub!!!
« on: March 25, 2005, 09:14:58 pm »
PLEASE help me choose a good hot tub for about $4000-$5000!!  I was looking a Viking spas... any info on these. I was also looking at Royal spas but they seem to be alittle more than I wannt to spend.

Please Help!!

Hot Tub Forum

I need help picking a hot tub!!!
« on: March 25, 2005, 09:14:58 pm »

jss944

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: I need help picking a hot tub!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 09:36:49 pm »
I just thought I would add that I would prefer it to be a 4-5 seater

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 10:12:42 pm »
Try to look at the Artesian Island series. They have 2 different sized spas with loungers and not. They can be ordered with various configurations. You might be able to get one at your price point (I would say closer to $5000 than $4000).

Also, look at Beachcomber and Coleman they may have spas at your price point (upper end again).

To be honest though there's not a lot out there in that price range. I started looking at the $5000 range and quickly found, at least here in NJ, that I couldn't really find something I liked until the $6500 level.

Good Luck!

jss944

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 10:25:51 pm »
It is wild how GREAT I thought Royal spas were when I left a dealer the other day but when I looked through this forum, It seems that they are not as good as I thought!!  I feel like my head is spinning from all of the "WE HAVE THE BEST SPA" talk when I go to a dealer.
I just don't know what to do!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 10:43:57 pm »
TAKE YOUR TIME!

They ALL have the best spa - YOU have to find the best spa for YOU. I walked into a dealership and had the salesman call me an idiot for even considering a different spa than what he sold - I almost believed him!

Stay away from potential garbage - researching at this site you can pretty much determine what that is.

I may have gone a little nuts researching,  I probably went to 10 - 12 dealers looking and seeing if I liked the tub AND dealer. I have a friend who walked into 2 dealers and bought a tub in 4 hours - you should have heard my wife laughing at ME on that one - LOL!

One person here, Lori, suggests to bring a pencil and paper with you while looking.

If you look around,  take your time and learn as you go you will be fine. You can always go back to the dealer if you missed something. Something that I didn't mention before, most (all ?) higher end companies have 2nd lines of spas and some have a third line - take a look at them.

Greenraisin

• See you down life's highway!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 10:58:47 pm »
When I visited, I took my note pad, with notes, and all the pamphlets/literature that I had collected from the other dealers. I told them flat out what it was I knew, what I had received, what I had copied down, etc., with the expectation that they would all then deal with the data I had. Some wanted to study the literature, some already knew it backwards and forwards; some asked my why I thought something was significant enough to write down, and I told them that the salespersons told me it was significant!...or that I perceived it to be in conversation. Rather than allow them to insult or question my judgement, I asked them to deal with the data! Refute, compare, contrast, but don't bash! As I have said before, if you take everything literally, everything sucks, and everything is the greatest thing since the industrial revolution!

Make sure you understand and know the reliability and cost to operate. If you can live with that, then the operative piece of the decision is what ever feels the best, is the best! If it's reliable and costs little to run, but feels terrible, why even consider it? If it feels great, but costs too much to use, you'll either not use it or it will cost you out the wazzoo!. If it feels good, is cheap to operate, but breaks down or has the reputation of not being reliable, why would you want to buy that potential source of aggrevation when it's relaxation you're lookng for?

Hope you catch my drift! Make sure it feels good or it's a wasted venture. Make sure you can afford to run it and that it is going to last longer than the loan or your used Chevy!

Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 10:59:34 pm by Greenraisin »

hair

• artesian gives lust, jealousy gives regret
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 07:52:11 am »
wettest an artesian island series tub, you might be able to get one in your price range, and your right every dealer says that their tubs are the best. you'll hear negative things about every tub, some a lot more than others, i have searched forums, and artesian has very few problems. no news is good news! good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 07:52:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42