What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: therapeutic hot tubs  (Read 6651 times)

wilson

therapeutic hot tubs
« on: March 10, 2005, 12:42:20 pm »
I'm new to the search for a hot tub.   Cronic whiplash injury and fibromyalgia is main motivation.  Was thinking Hydropool (bonus since it's Canadian) but also D-1 and Coleman.  Liked the brochure info on Coleman which seems to 'understand' trigger points.  Was surprised to see it didn't make the 'best list of ' list of pool-and-spa.  So I was considering dropping it from my list ,But, now, having read on this site that they seem to be advertising driven - wondering If I should reconsider Coleman?  A little concerned that the closest D-1 dealer is not in my city - but  40 min away.  Any other brand out there specifically for therapeutic - or is that the nature of all hot tubs?    

Also considering a swim-in place pool.  Again, D-1 and hydropool on the list - any one with experience with these?  I'd prefer to keep the spa separate from the pool purchase, but both have whirlpools in them.    

Hot Tub Forum

therapeutic hot tubs
« on: March 10, 2005, 12:42:20 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: therapeutic hot tubs
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 12:46:51 pm »
 Was surprised to see it didn't make the 'best list of ' list of pool-and-spa.  So I was considering dropping it from my list ,  

Do not drop it because of pool and spa[/u] There is no magazine or official website that rates spas in any objective manner. The Coleman brand is reputable, and is worth consideration as are several others. Take your time, shop around, make the dealers come to you. Where are you located? Many of us will be happy to recommend dealers in your area.

There are reps/dealers here for both Hydro and D1, who will happily answer any questions.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 12:50:20 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 01:15:58 pm »
Wilson;

You have listed some solid brands. I happen to retail Coleman & Dimension 1 and would be happy to contrst/compare them either in this thread or through PM's.

As wmmcall said, Poolandspa.com is not objective by any stretch of the imagination.

Sounds like you are Canadian, where are you located? I am in Burlington, Ontario.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 04:28:50 pm »
Wilson,

Never mind what HotTubMan said... ;)...J/K

You have lot's of good choices and if it's Hydropool that raises any questions for you, I'm the western Canadian Rep for Hydropool and I'd be willing to help you out as needed.

We recently had a thread that covered some very interesting concepts on what makes a quality swim spa. I don't think Chas' views have been deleted yet but you can work around that... ;) ;D

Check it out here:
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1109732827

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 04:45:28 pm »
YET??

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 05:45:30 pm »
Wilson!!!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

"Was surprised to see it didn't make the 'best list of ' list of pool-and-spa.  So I was considering dropping it from my list ,"

Can you tell me what it is, or was, that  made you believe that this list is an honest and fair representation of how different brands of spas rate??????????

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 09:34:28 pm »
Take a look at as many manufacturers as you can.  I would think that many of the higher end brands will offer therapy but as has been mentioned here many times - everyones likes are different and fit into spas differently. One brand that some people claim is really therapeutic is the Artesian Platinum series.  Also make sure your happy with the dealer - if you like the spa and don't care for the dealer - walk away.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 09:35:08 pm by Vinny »

wilson

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 10:22:48 am »
First - thanks to all for your helpful and speedy replies! javascript:smiley()
javascript:smiley()
HTM - yes, would like to hear a comparison of Coleman and D-1...but we're in over in Barrie... so I guess it would have to be thru this medium.  
Steve- checked out the swim-spa thread - wow, that was an entertaining read! javascript:shocked()
javascript:shocked() javascript:grin()
javascript:grin()  One dilema - 'endless pool types' are over our budget when installation gets factored in, but, the swim/spa types don't meet our wishes on the 'spa side' of things - which means we then have to consider investing in a seperate spa, which ups the $$.  Isn't it possible to build the hydropool swim without the spa?      

DR. Spa...remember I'm a 'newbie' at this...think I googled in something like 'hot tub ratings' and got the swim-spa site which 'looks' pretty official!  Fortunately, I had the smarts smartsjavascript:wink()
javascript:wink()  to delve a little deeper and discovered this impressive, informative and entertaining site! javascript:smiley()
javascript:smiley()which set me straight!  

Most importantly, we've gleaned the necessity of a wet test - so that's our next step.  

Thanks again,
Wilson

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 12:53:31 pm »
Wilson, check your messages.
Homeworks Financing Representative

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 12:55:52 pm »
Well, Wilson, you sure seem to be going about this in an objective reasonable way.  You should be a good dealer's most welcome type customer.  Good luck.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 12:55:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42