What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Drain and Refill  (Read 2807 times)

georgiapeach

First Drain and Refill
« on: March 07, 2005, 08:16:17 am »
Well, we did our first drain and refill on Saturday.  Oh yea, I was a bit nervous about it....not draining and refilling, but making sure I did the chemicals right and that my water didn't turn green...LOL.  Everything went GREAT.  Didn't realize how long it would take to drain it though.  It was like waiting for your water to boil on the stove; seems like it takes forever!  It took 2 hours to drain it....then of course, because I'm so anal about stuff, I had to get in the tub, dry it totally out and wipe it down thoroughly.  It sure looked purty...  :)  Took 45 minutes to fill it....added my chemcials, turned it back on.  I had wondered how long it would take to heat back up.  When we first the tub in November, it took 5 hours exactly to reach 102.  But I figured it would a bit longer this time, since the water was much colder.  Took just over 6 hours.  Not bad, I don't think.  Woke up Sunday morning and peeked in (said a prayer before I did) and the water was crystal clear and levels were perfect.  YEA!!!!!!!!! :-)  
One thing I'm going to invest in is a spa vac.  Occasionally, someone brings in stuff from the patio into the tub and it settles at the bottom of the tub or in one of the seats.  Need something to vacuum that out.  
Again, I gotta tell y'all, this is the best place to get information and help.  I couldn't have done this whole purchase thing without y'alls help.  Great bunch of folks here....  :)

Hot Tub Forum

First Drain and Refill
« on: March 07, 2005, 08:16:17 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: First Drain and Refill
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 09:47:09 am »
Again, I gotta tell y'all, this is the best place to get information and help.  I couldn't have done this whole purchase thing without y'alls help.  Great bunch of folks here....  :)
Well, you are one of the great folks here, and you just added to the place nicely.

Is there anything that feels better than fresh water in your tub? Well, besides that of course...

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

georgiapeach

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 10:47:10 am »
Awwwwwwww...thanks Chas... :-)

I ain't goin there....I might get in trouble here....  ;)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 01:10:41 pm »
See?  I knew you would be fine!

Relaxing helps!

Glad to have you around Peachy!  Chas is right, you have added to this place nicely!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

JTJ23BA

• I love my HotSpring!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 11:17:29 pm »
You should think about getting a submersible pump,  you can get one for $50 to $100, they can drain it in minutes not hours.

georgiapeach

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 06:35:56 am »
You should think about getting a submersible pump,  you can get one for $50 to $100, they can drain it in minutes not hours.

And where would I look for something like that?  

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 07:16:26 am »
georgia,
you can pick one up at your local pool/ spa store. It really is the easiest and quickest way to dump the water from your spa.
enjoy, and welcome. ;D

georgiapeach

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 01:30:11 pm »
georgia,
you can pick one up at your local pool/ spa store. It really is the easiest and quickest way to dump the water from your spa.
enjoy, and welcome. ;D

Thanks... :-)  Will have to check it out.  That 2 hours of waiting for the tub to drain was a bit frustrating!  

Peachy

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 01:30:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42