What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hello...New Tubber  (Read 2274 times)

Spaw15

Hello...New Tubber
« on: March 09, 2005, 10:03:12 am »
Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought my tub two nights ago and am going to pick it up Friday Afternoon. After weeks upon weeks of research and wet testing, we decided to go with a Aber (Pacific) Saturn LTX. We had narrowed our original field of 8 down to two. The final two were the Aber and a Jacuzzi J365. The Saturn was an '04 closeout so the price that was given was the final deciding factor and the fact that I didn't care for the Jacuzzi sales staff at all. I had them throw in a cover lifter, spare filter, and extra dichlor on top of the starter kit.  So far the only question is, will the starter kit have everything that I need to actually get my tub to appropriate levels and then proceed with maintenence, or do I have to buy anything else? I have already ordered a taylor test kit so that should also be here by Friday.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hello...New Tubber
« on: March 09, 2005, 10:03:12 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Hello...New Tubber
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 10:31:40 am »
Starter kits are great for giving you a place to start. Then with help here, information from reading the Taylor Test kit, will give you a good basis on what's right for you.

I am not familiar with this tub, do they or your dealer have a website?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spaw15

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 10:33:33 am »
Yes go to http://www.Aberhottubs.com - Titanium Series Tubs - Saturn and that will give the specs.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 10:45:32 am by wmccall »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 10:51:36 am »
Yes go to http://www.Aberhottubs.com - Titanium Series Tubs - Saturn and that will give the specs.

What color did you go with?  When I look at a new manufacturer's site, I usually look at the number of seats they claim. This one claims 6 and looks like a 6 person tub. I've seen other manufacturers call this a 7-8 person tub. Not sure if that is important, but you know what they say about first impressions.  ;D

Since you are the first owner of that brand, in my recollection, here, please let us know how this works out.

PS, you will see that I modified your post. The only time I do this is when someone references a website. I make it "clickable" so others can open a new window with the site you listed without leaving our forum.  If you click on MODIFY of that post, you will see how I did it.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 10:54:42 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spaw15

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 11:58:12 am »
I will give you all a review after I get it setup this weekend, I got the dark twilight color since I didn't have a choice (closeout) but it looks good. Fortunately I am on the fire dept. So filling it quickly will not be a problem. I have read the last 70 pages on this forum and a lot on Docs site so I have a great idea on what I am doing. I will take a water sample to my dealer to see if I have high concentrations of anything so I can remedy it immediately. I look forward to talking with you all to make this the best possible experience.  Another question, for those of your with cedar cabinets how often do you weather proof them?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 12:00:25 pm by Spaw15 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 11:58:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42