What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coast Lanai compared to Sundance Palermo  (Read 7135 times)

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
Coast Lanai compared to Sundance Palermo
« on: March 06, 2005, 05:57:35 pm »
Hi I am looking at a used 2003 Coast Lanai Platinum 40 jet spa. I am buying from a dealer that sold it new and got it back because of a divorce. The dealer is giving a 90 day warranty. It has two 7hp pumps, extreme light pkg, Sony stereo, new cover and lift, redwood base, towel warmer, cd ozone, remote control, rock steps, 2 extra rock speakers and ez pad for it to sit on, good condition all over. It is filled with water and running on the showroom floor.  Does anyone have any experince with this unit. I have been told (from another brand salesperson) that the cost to run this Coast spa is very high because it uses the main 7hp pump to filter, and pump the water when it is heating. He also said the 7hp pumps are very costly to run when operating the spa because they are so big. He said, that large of a pump, is not needed for good water flow.  His spa has two 2.5hp pumps and one small pump for heating and 24hr filtering. His spa does seem to have good power but the jets are smaller in size diameter than the Coast spa jets. I dont know if that is bad, the Coast sales person said the small jets will not give the same massage as the large jets and will give you a burning sensation.  I would like to know if anyone has info on how much this unit changed thier electric bill. The sales person said his spa (a sundance) would cost 15-20 dollars a month and the Coast would cost in the 50-75 per month range. I live in the Cleveland Ohio area.  He also said the filter system in the Coast is poor compared to the Sundance filter system, the Coast is a pressure system and the Sundance is a suction system.??  Also how much work does it take to keep up with the real redwood base? The Sundance has a plastic wood lookalike base. I can get the Coast for $7100 out the door delivered with a 90 day warranty. It was $11300 retail and sold for $9800 plus tax new 2 years ago. It was in service for 1 year out of the last 2 years. The New Sundance Palermo would be the same price with the stereo, ozone, steps, cover and lift,  led light, and ez pad. Including tax out the door. Thanks for the help............ confused in Ohio
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 06:35:24 pm by jsimo7 »

Hot Tub Forum

Coast Lanai compared to Sundance Palermo
« on: March 06, 2005, 05:57:35 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Coast Lanai compared to
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 06:03:36 pm »
I would say that is way way to high for a used 2 year old spa.....no value at all....as for the filtering system...and its cost..false...there are other things that will contribute to electrical cost and its efficiency ...but it has been debated here on other boards and the circ or low speed if a larger pump should be very close to the same if all things are equal .....

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Coast Lanai compared to Sundance Palermo
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 06:46:16 pm »
Go with the Sundance.  You'll be happier.
Stronger manufacturer, better warranty, more energy
eff., etc.,etc.,etc.

Buy American

spatexport

• Am I crazy, or is it just me?
http:iRe: Coast Lanai compared to Sundance Palermo
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 10:15:37 pm »
jsimo7,

Wet test the spas.  You might want to inquire if the used spa has been treated with a some kind of cleaner like spa system flush.  When you test the new tub, you probably won't have to worry about that.

Forced to choose, I'd opt for the new tub.  

Also check these if you want to:

The corporate address from the web site www.coastspas.com is

Coast Spas Manufacturing Inc
6135 202 St
Langley, BC

http://www.spock.usshurdman.com/~van/commonreport.html?bid=221421

http://www.spock.usshurdman.com/~van/commonreport.html?bid=209026

One of these reports matches the corporate address.  The "principal" of the other company is also the receptionist.

Good luck.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 08:12:43 am »
Welcome to this forum. You must read all that there is on the Coast products here. :-/
I think you would be making a HUGE mistake by passing on the Sundance product. Quite frankly, I would go with almost any other manufacturers product rather than Coast. Sorry for the negativity, but I am aware of their products...

;D                                    ;D                                          ;D

Hottubber

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 10:02:49 am »
Thanks for the help!  This has a very eye opening venture. I thought this would be easy to find a tub.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 12:01:07 pm »
It seems like very few have any thing good to say about Coast....but even it were another brand that is to much money for a 2 year used spa with a 90 warranty, you can get a New Hot Springs....Marquis....Sundance for that money...

poolboy34

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 03:33:53 pm »
If you can get a fully loaded, NEW spa for the same price as a fully Loaded USED spa..........why would you not get a new spa?????  Everyone here is right..........that is by FAR too much to pay for a 2 year old USED spa.  Also keep in mind that if you by the used spa that after 90 days........you WILL have to pay for ALL parts and service when your tub needs it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 03:33:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42