What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Tahitian Utopia prices  (Read 10202 times)

omni2377

Caldera Tahitian Utopia prices
« on: February 28, 2005, 06:44:20 pm »
The local dealer offered me $7895 on their demo unit, with stairs and lifter. Anybody else have comparable prices?

I'm also looking at a D1 Chairman for $6495 with a cover and lifter, no stairs.

Btw, I've been on this site off and on for months, preparing to make a purchase. Great information here!
Mathew
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 06:47:26 pm by omni2377 »

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Tahitian Utopia prices
« on: February 28, 2005, 06:44:20 pm »

poolboy34

Re: Caldera Tahitian Utopia prices
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 07:23:55 pm »
That price on the chairman is a steal.  It's a heckuva spa.  The price for the tahitian is in line.  What kind of cover lifter does it come with???  Overall 2 excelent spas, made by two of the industries leaders in terms of quality, support and warranty.

omni2377

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 07:42:49 pm »
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
The lifter on the Caldera is the one connected to the sides. Was very easy to use in the show room.
The lifter on the D1 is the basic steel model mounted to the deck.  Doesn't look as cool, but still serves the same purpose.

Doing my research shows the D1 is a great price, but I am leaning towards the Caldera. Was looking to bring down their price some, so was looking for input here.

Thanks again,
Mathew

Greenraisin

• See you down life's highway!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 08:10:51 pm »
Can someone tell me what the differences are between the 2004 Caldera Tahitian Utopia and the 2005? I appreciate any light anyone can shed on this!

Thanks!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 08:12:38 pm »
I got a price for the D1 Nautilus and Californian of about $8000 about a year ago in NJ. I believe the Chairman is a higher end tub than those 2 - I would jump on it if you like the tub!

mhraracing

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 09:03:48 pm »
The Tahitian price seems a little high to me....but it depends on where you live.  
I looked at the D1's - but never got a price.

If you are leaning towards the Tahitian over the D1 - can I assume you Wet tested both ??? If not - its a must.

Also - consider the dealer as a selling point also.
Caldera Geneva Utopia

poolboy34

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 11:45:11 pm »
The pivot pro cover lifter is 250-300$ cover lifter, so i would say that is a really great price if it's a 2005 tahitian utopia.  The EZ-lifter that D-1 has is a simple, yet great cover lifter which sells for around 180$.  So either way you are getting a great tub.  If you like the Tahitian, why not try out the Geneva, as it is more comparable to the Chairman size wise.  The tahitian is 7x 7 where as the chairman is 7'8" x 7'8" and the geneva is 7'5" x 7'5"

omni2377

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 11:50:48 pm »
The Caldera is the 2004 Demo (floor) unit.  They didn't want to work with me on the price of the Geneva though.

The D1 is also a 2004 model, but a new one in their warehouse.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 12:31:12 am »
You could always be up front and honest with the dealer and tell them you're looking at a couple spas and are interested in the Tihitian but the price is an issue for you. The worst they can do is tell you they're firm on the price and whichever you do end up buying you'll at least know you tried.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 10:33:30 am »
did you consider the caldera niagra? its a geneva without the lounger?
we just bought a 2004 niagra here in VA with steps, cover, coverlifter, cd ozonater, extra filter, 4 extra verisage jets, chems and a $50 store credit, for $8100, including complete delivery and set up.
we also wet tested jacuzzi 365 and 385, several d1's, la spa, maquis sa euphoria, and several HS, but found that the niagra had the mst comfortable seating and jet set up, for us.
the wifes favorite is the neck collar that sprays down onto the neck and tops of your shoulders. that was the final decision maker for us, as wife was in car accident 3 yrs ago that still causes her a lot of pain on her left side.
the d1 price you got is GREAT  :othough, i got quote of $7700 for the chairman just 3 weeks ago, so if thats what you prefer , gop for it! either way , you will be happy...... ;D ;D ;D
if it helps at all price wise , some of the other quotes we got in the last few weeks were $6890 for floor model jacuzzi 365 ('04), $8400 for a new 385 ('05), and $7685 for sa euphoria ('05) . i did get a quote of 7400 for an '04 HS landmark, that unfortunatley, was one of the first we looked at. when i decided to buy, it was already sold, and as the model was replaced there were no more available..... oh well
i am very pleased with niagra and looking forward to many warm bubbly days....

lil

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 01:32:03 am »
kent what area quoted you 7685 on 05 euphoria, detroit area 04 euphoria "floor display" quoted @ 7499 on a clearance sale non SA
also any marquis dealers out there tell me what you think of this price

obi wan

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 09:30:48 am »
va beach, right here on the coast. that price included steps coer, and lifter, etc.... and even a remote. i actually called a couple of other dealers thru the web locater and got higher prices. it was/is a great price from what i could find, but personally, we went the extra $500 to get the caldera niagra, which i feel was also a good value at $8100. got a quote from a richmond dealer (90 miles away) for 8900 for the same tub.

lil

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 11:12:20 am »
thanks kent much appreciated

omni2377

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 12:24:34 am »
Kent, do you remember the dealer in Richmond that gave you the quote?

obi wan

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 05:54:00 pm »
nope... my company has an office on parham rd in richmond, so i put in their zip code in the dealer locater, and called them up. this was about 12 days ago...
im at home today, but i can get the zip tomorrow and find the dealer i spoke to if that would help.....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 05:54:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42