What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need your opinion re: Caldera dealer  (Read 14106 times)

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
Re: Need your opinion Caldera dealer
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 03:05:47 pm »
Jason,

I am sure the Caldera brand is high quality. My thought on this was just that of a WATKINS dealer. In order to sell both brands on the same floor, I felt it would be a little difficult to position the Caldera brand as an equal, that's all. Am I way out of the loop here??? I know that as a Sundance dealer, we cannot position the Sweetwater line as an equal.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 03:06:58 pm by hottubber »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 03:05:47 pm »

poolboy34

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 04:00:19 pm »
I would say that the aquatic Melodies and Utopia Series spas in the Caldera Line would be on par with Hot Spring Spas.  They are in the same price ranges.  Also the Paradise series would be equal to the Tiger River line of spas.  This is merely my opinion.  

hottubber

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 04:08:34 pm »
poolboy,

That is what I'm talking about. How can a Watkins dealer have these spas on the same floor with Hot springs at the same price. It doesn't make sense, does it??

smartymose

• Finally got our Grandee!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 06:58:46 pm »
Talked to Caldera HQ today and they said that in the event of this dealer going under/away, they would find service folks, independent people, if needed, to service the Caldera.  Any specific dealer/customer agreements even if written in the contract, would not be held up with a new service operation, such as  no trip charges stated in the contract,  etc.  The warranty covers parts and labor - that's it.  

They did give say that he has made orders, etc - nothing fancy.  I asked for the next closest dealer and he was about 45-1 hour away been in business with Caldera for 2 years.  

Just wanted to get you the feedback that I received.  

Smarty

surfinstro

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 10:26:55 pm »
When I think of Caldera I think of the adage :
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF A LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN
Why buy a second rate spa?
Why dosen't Watkins promote and embrace Caldera?

poolboy34

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 11:32:06 pm »
Poor quality???  Where are you getting this from???  They are made the same way as watkins makes all of their other lines of spas!!!!!!  In fact MANY of their design featurea are now being incorporated into the Hot Spring line.  If it's a second rate spa, how come they are priced in the ball park as Hot Spring, Sundance, marquis and D-1???  And what exactly is your bone you have to pick with caldera???  

surfinstro

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2005, 05:42:26 am »
There are much better spas in that price range, namely Sundance.  How could anyone possibly shop Sundance and then think Caldera was a better choice ???
You will never get the comfort, performance and reliabilty from a Caldera that you get from a Sundance.

Smarty should put on his thinking cap!!! :o

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2005, 06:34:18 am »
When I think of Caldera I think of the adage :
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF A LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN
Why buy a second rate spa?
Why dosen't Watkins promote and embrace Caldera?

Ok, this qualifies for bashing, in my humble opinion!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2005, 06:37:10 am »
Talked to Caldera HQ today and they said that in the event of this dealer going under/away, they would find service folks, independent people, if needed, to service the Caldera.  Any specific dealer/customer agreements even if written in the contract, would not be held up with a new service operation, such as  no trip charges stated in the contract,  etc.  The warranty covers parts and labor - that's it.  

They did give say that he has made orders, etc - nothing fancy.  I asked for the next closest dealer and he was about 45-1 hour away been in business with Caldera for 2 years.  

Just wanted to get you the feedback that I received.  

Smarty

Smarty, in my opinion, I don't think you can go wrong with Caldera!

Go for it!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

hottubber

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2005, 07:30:48 am »
Well, it looks like it's time to take off the gloves here. >:( I am sure Smarty will choose the best spa for his needs. And yes, there are many, including Caldera and Sundance.
I don't understand the quibbling between two professionals here. Is there a personal vendetta? We are talking about the relaxing mode of hot tubs, not a boxing match.  :-/
Smarty, whatever you do, don't go into the D/C mode.
You will be shopping forever.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 07:31:42 am by hottubber »

poolboy34

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2005, 08:58:28 am »
There are much better spas in that price range, namely Sundance.  How could anyone possibly shop Sundance and then think Caldera was a better choice ???
You will never get the comfort, performance and reliabilty from a Caldera that you get from a Sundance.

Smarty should put on his thinking cap!!! :o

Any evidence to support this claim???  Or back this opinion???

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2005, 02:21:16 pm »
 >There are much better spas in that price range, namely Sundance.  How could anyone possibly shop Sundance and then think Caldera was a better choice...<

Well I did, and I do.  For me, my needs, my preferences. There are also several other very good brands on the market.   One might be better for some people, others might like something else.  There is no single brand of spas that is THE BEST.  Sundance makes wonderful spas, don't misunderstand, but I definitely prefered Caldera when I tried both back to back.  I still suggest that others try Sundance, and Marquis, and HotSpring for example.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 02:22:41 pm by Bill_Stevenson »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2005, 03:45:16 pm »
In other words, keep on open mind.
Brewman
Brewman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2005, 08:10:27 pm »
Chas,

I guess Watkins is now allowing Caldera to be handled by the Hot Spring dealer.  ???
No, not normally. Yes, there are exceptions,  but I just had a meeting with the VP in charge of National Development, and he said they really don't want both on the same salesfloor.
Don't you think it will be a little confusing to the prospect when the Watkins dealer has both of these lines on the same floor? How would they be positioned? You don't want to say, "this is our high end and this is not". Any thoughts...
It would be similar to having HotSpring and Sundance. Both are good products, you just have to show off the benefits and features, explain the differences and similarities, and then throw them in for a wet test.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubber

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2005, 09:11:20 am »
But Sundance and Hot Spring spas are two different manufacturers. Caldera and Hot Spring are not. How can you claim quality issues with one phylosophy during a presentation and contradict it with the other.
I know there are dealers out there that are not having any problems selling both of these lines on the same floor and god bless you if you are, I guess it would be like Sundance and Sweetwater on the floor. BUT, they are positioned as one with more or better features than the other ???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2005, 09:11:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42