What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2005 Hot Spring Vanguard  (Read 14307 times)

water_maiden

• Live life with abandon!
2005 Hot Spring Vanguard
« on: January 23, 2005, 12:15:05 pm »
I visited my HS dealer yesterday and the salesman didn't mention the changes to the 2005 Vanguard model.  My husband and I were going to buy a 2004 Vanguard, but decided to check out this site first.  One person mentioned that the 2005 model will have 2 pumps instead of 1, and that one of the seats will have a dual moto massage.  The other moto massage seat will remain the same.   You can verify this at the hotspring.com website.  It now has the 2005 model specifications.
Please let me know what you have paid for this 2005 Vanguard.  We are going to buy it with the Freshwater III and the Cover Cradle RCS.  Also, let us know how you like the new changes.  Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 08:43:53 pm by water_maiden »

Hot Tub Forum

2005 Hot Spring Vanguard
« on: January 23, 2005, 12:15:05 pm »

Luv2cruise

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: 2005 Hot Spring Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 08:36:35 pm »
I don't know what the new model is like, but we sure love our 2004 Vanguard! I think about it all the time (I know I am sick!)...and can't wait to climb in at the end of the day.  :)

water_maiden

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 09:46:06 am »
My husband and I wet tested the 2004 Vanguard.  We liked it also.  Thanks for your input.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 09:46:49 am »
Also, let us know how you like the new changes.  Thanks!!!
I'm a dealer, and I just saw the new Vanguard up and running for the first time. Wow. The dual Moto was a long time overdue, in my exalted opinion. The Vangaurd was a great performer with the single pump - I never had anyone tell me they thought it was underpowered after getting it into their home - but the new pump system will allow for more jets at the same time. I don't know how important that is in the long term, but it has great curb appeal.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

water_maiden

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 09:52:09 am »
Chas,
Thanks for the reply!  
Could you tell me if there is a big price increase for the 2005 Vanguard due to the changes?  I am very excited about the additional pump and new Moto Massage.

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 10:23:33 am »
I like the  BellaFontana water feature but does anybody have any feedback on the Well Spring.

It dosent look like it will add much wow factor like the  BellaFontana or that you could really see the backlit water from in the tub?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 10:25:21 am by drober30 »

water_maiden

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 11:19:47 am »
In my opinion the Well Spring is just bling bling.  It gives a trickling sound when the jets are off, which some people might think is nice.  It is backlit, but I haven't really seen this feature at night.  Therefore, I am unable to say if the water appears colored or not.
If you should check out the 2005 Vanguard anytime soon, let me know what you think.  

Luv2cruise

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 03:01:58 pm »
My husband and I wet tested the 2004 Vanguard.  We liked it also.  Thanks for your input.

We looked at quite a few different spas, but my BIL and FIL have HS and have loved them. We did wet test (something I did not want to do, but considering the cost of these things, we did it and we were glad). We originally thought we wanted another one, which had a recliner, but once we tried them out, we found we really didn't like the recliner.

We mainly bought ours to help us with my arthritis (knees), and after soaking in ours for a week, I no longer take any meds! It came as a complete shock that I would be able to chuck my meds. I always wondered if it was just a fluke, but in the past month or so, we have had lots of sleet and ice, and haven't been able to get in the tub as often. At one point, we went over a week without getting in, and my knees began to hurt. Back to the meds....boo hoo, but then when the ice and sleet went away, I was back in and once again, I was pain free within a couple of days.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 05:32:43 pm »
We mainly bought ours to help us with my arthritis (knees), and after soaking in ours for a week, I no longer take any meds! It came as a complete shock that I would be able to chuck my meds. I always wondered if it was just a fluke, but in the past month or so, we have had lots of sleet and ice, and haven't been able to get in the tub as often. At one point, we went over a week without getting in, and my knees began to hurt. Back to the meds....boo hoo, but then when the ice and sleet went away, I was back in and once again, I was pain free within a couple of days.
That's why I do what I do. Connecting families is fun too.

As to the price question above - yes there will be an increase due to the dual moto and the dual jet pumps. I don't have that info in front of me - but I think you should expect a jump of around $400 or so. Give me some leeway on that one though.

On to the question about the WellSpring water feature: it is mellow. It's supposed to be. It does light up nicely at night - it stays blue. That means you have a nice blue flow easing into the red tub - or other color - as the color-changing light does it's thing. It can be quite striking if the area is dark enough. I recently saw one with some shiny pebbles placed in the water flow - they looked nice, broke up the water flow a bit, and I bet they will look good with the lighting at night (it was daylight as when I say them). We are building a brand-new 'mood room' to display this in a darkened environment - and to offer a more private place to take a test soak.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 07:52:47 pm »
Maiden,

Have you confronted the dealer that was leaving you in the dark regarding the 05 Vangaard? I think they may of had some 04 inventory that they wanted to move.
I heard that the 04 Vangaard was really nice the way it was. If the price is a huge increase to go to the 05, stay put. You won't make a bad decision if you keep some $$ in your pocket. ;)

Luv2cruise

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 11:26:32 pm »
That's why I do what I do. Connecting families is fun too.

Our kids that are away at college, actually come home more often for a visit!!! Granted, they don't want us in the tub with them, but heck, at least they are here for a visit!

I do not know how we ever lived without our spa. It is absolutely awesome. I have been reading here for several months now, and just by luck, I found this place right around the time we were spa hunting. The information here is amazing....

water_maiden

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 08:55:22 pm »
Thank you all for the information and speedy replies.  
I know that the dealer has three 2004 Vanguards in his inventory.  My husband wants the 2005 model with the dual Moto-Massage and additional pump.  I do agree that now would be a good time to make a deal on the 2004 Vanguard.  

hottubber

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 09:18:50 pm »
maiden,

I know your husband likes the 05 because of the dual moto massage seat. How much of a price increase from the 04 model? ;)

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2005, 12:32:33 am »
I thought that the local dealer would be looking to move one of their 04's, but in the end it was only a $600 pricebreak.  They don't seem as interested in moving their 04 stock as many of the other dealers are.  We would love to buy the 04 Vanguard, but are at the end of our budget (the rest of the back yard was waaaaaaaay over budget).

hottubber

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2005, 07:09:22 am »
That doesn't seem too bad, I would also move toward the  05. Remember, you will be enjoying your Vangard for many years, you might as well bite the bullett a little harder, for $600.00 more it is a no brainer.
Nice job and good luck with your new spa.  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2005, 07:09:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42