What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water Temperature  (Read 4720 times)

brewski

• When in doubt bathe naked!!!
Water Temperature
« on: March 02, 2005, 11:52:10 am »
Just curious, does anyone on this board adjust the water temperature down during the spring or summer months as it warms up here in the States? If so, what temperature do you adjust your spa to?

Hot Tub Forum

Water Temperature
« on: March 02, 2005, 11:52:10 am »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Water Temperature
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 12:33:26 pm »
Yes, I do!

The colder months, I set the temperature at 101.  The warmer months, I turn it down to 99 (or even 97 for my hubby to get in)!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 12:51:48 pm »
From 104 to 102 around May.  Occasionally down to 101 in the summer.  Now in the two summers I have owned the spa, we have not had any of those days were it stays above 80 all night long and I think we have only had a couple of days that hit 90 during that time.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 01:07:23 pm »
You bet Brewski! Ours is normally around 102-104 depending on whether or not the kids are using it as well. In the summer months we adjust it down to around 101. If it's real hot (and yes...we get real hot here sometimes ;D ), we've had it down to 85 or 90 and use it as a cooling off pool. The kids love it.

There's no wrong answer for temperature. It's what you like.

Steve
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 01:08:16 pm by Steve »

brewski

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 02:27:11 pm »
Well this summer should be interesting in our household. I like the temps set cooler and the wife likes it warmer. Since we have almost nightly battles over the heat vs. ceiling fan, blankets or no blankets, I can't wait to see what happens with the water temperature in our hot tub!!!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 02:33:34 pm »
I kept mine around 98 this summer. Great place for my wife to releive the stresses of pregnancy without any danger to the baby.
Homeworks Financing Representative

brewski

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 02:48:27 pm »
If my wife was having a baby this summer (or any other time) I believe I'm the one who would be having stress!!! LOL!!!!!!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 02:50:25 pm »
HotTubMan,

Are you expecting? Or were you referring to last summer?

BTW Welcome back, did you get that picture of Stuart ;)

Spahappy :D

brewski

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 03:09:34 pm »
I mean anytime........my one and only daughter just graduated from college in December and I am not at all interested in having any more babies!!!

What picture of Stuart are you referring to?

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 03:21:21 pm »
HotTubMan,

Are you expecting? Or were you referring to last summer?

BTW Welcome back, did you get that picture of Stuart ;)

Spahappy :D

Last summer. She is 8 months old in two days (an Independance day baby). She will thinks its great all you American's hold celebrtations and fireworks for her birthday 8)

I tried to photograph Stuart but he thought I was the pappazzi and destroyed my camera.... ;)

I was surprised by his appearance, thought he'd look older being a grandpa and small biz owner....also was expecting a hairier guy after the wolf man story!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 04:32:47 pm »
brewskimon,
Ours stays at 99-100 in the winter (relatively mild here in N. Fla.).  We set it to 95 in the summer to account for the heat creep that sets in--the tub is in full sun all day.  I also prop up the leeward side of the cover a bit to aid in heat exhaustion during the summer.  The summer comfort zone for us is around 96-97.   8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 05:08:18 pm »
Last summer. She is 8 months old in two days (an Independance day baby). She will thinks its great all you American's hold celebrtations and fireworks for her birthday 8)

I tried to photograph Stuart but he thought I was the pappazzi and destroyed my camera.... ;)

I was surprised by his appearance, thought he'd look older being a grandpa and small biz owner....also was expecting a hairier guy after the wolf man story!

You obviously did not see me on the beach frightening the locals! ;)

As far as age, that's why I shave my head, kinda makes it hard to guess. I know that I'm somewhere right in the middle of life though because I got a motorcycle and a metal detector for my birthday. One gift for youthful vigor one for geriatric relaxation... ; 8)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 05:14:09 pm »
Soakin;

Absolutely talk to your doctor!

That said let me tell you what my understanding of the relationship between temperature and age:

Our sweat glands fully develope around puberty.Until such time a childs time spent in a spa should be limited. This limit is related to the temperature.  Our sweat glands are what allow us to regulate our internal temperatures. While in a spa men sweat and ladies glisten whether we know it or not.

As far as I understand no damage can be done spending extended periods of time in the spa at 98-99. This is our internal temperature. As the temperature of the spa gets higher, the amount of time a child can spend with out any risk goes down.

Again, talk to an M.D., but if the M.D. says a child or pregnant woman cannot go in a spa, talk to another one.

My 2.4 cents

HTM

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 05:17:32 pm »
You obviously did not see me on the beach frightening the locals! ;)

As far as age, that's why I shave my head, kinda makes it hard to guess. I know that I'm somewhere right in the middle of life though because I got a motorcycle and a metal detector for my birthday. One gift for youthful vigor one for geriatric relaxation... ; 8)

I saw you on the beach....would you agree that I was just as likely to scare the locals......

I'm just glad I am not as bad as my Dad. I have a picture of him (and my Mom)standing on a dock with a sun setting behind them. The hair all over him appears in the picture as some sort of aura :o

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 05:17:45 pm »
I am answering about the kids question. I put my tub down to about 99 deg for my 5 and 6 year old granddaughters but you will find that most kids are not like adults. They don't sit still and most times they are only waist deep. They treat it more like a warm pool then a hot tub.

As to the other question 102 all year round.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 05:17:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42