What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Made the purchase!!!!  (Read 4048 times)

smartymose

• Finally got our Grandee!
Made the purchase!!!!
« on: February 28, 2005, 01:18:11 pm »
Hello Everyone --

Just wanted to let you know that after much analysis, research, asking tons of questions and of course Wet Testing lots and lots of tubs....we have officially joined the club.  We went with the HS Grandee.  Got the color that we wanted, steps, FWIII, cover, coverlifter -- had to get a specially designed cover to work with the way we wanted it positioned in the yard....boy am I glad we asked this question when we were going through the paperwork, start up chems, etc.   Even got a few robes thrown in and of course the ducks for the kids!!  
(Hey it's the little things in life that make them happy!)

Happy with the dealer and looking forward to going tubbing.  Now I am finally excited that it is actually going to happen!  

Need to get the electrician going and the concrete guy.  Now, if we can just get this foot of snow out of the way that we are currently getting, we'll be all set!  

I'm sure that I will update you and be looking for your advice and words of wisdom as time goes on.

Thanks again for all your help.  I feel that I have grown even smarter over the past 2 months when we seriously started looking!  I'm all over the ozonator!!! ;)

Smartymose

Hot Tub Forum

Made the purchase!!!!
« on: February 28, 2005, 01:18:11 pm »

georgiapeach

Re: Made the purchase!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 02:02:22 pm »
Congratulation on your purchase.  We bought our Grandee in November and absolutely love it!  Will be doing our first drain and refill this weekend....hope that goes well... :o

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 02:41:28 pm »
smarty jones....

Congrats on your spa purchase, the Grandee is a nice spa, hot spring a well respected manufacturer.
Good luck in the future, may you have many happy hottubbing days,

hottubber. ;D

Should you need any assistance, you know how to get a hold of the answers... ;)

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 02:49:43 pm »
Way to go!  

Where are you located that you’re getting a foot of snow?

Tell us about the special cover and how the dealer accommodated you on this.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 02:55:31 pm »
drober,

Smarty is somewhere in the northeast, NJ or Pa., the snow is falling heavily. Too bad smarty won't have the spa already set up for this evenings soak. Once he does, he will be in hot tub heaven... ;D

smartymose

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 03:01:32 pm »
Ahhh, we are located in the Philly suburbs and it is snowing through the night, they say.....

On the cover, since the Grandee is not perfectly square, more of a rectangular shape the cover is made to go two ways when it it attached to the coverlifter.  Nothing is ever easy for us, so of course, the way we wanted to position the tub and steps and where the control panel would be, the standard cover wasn't going to open where we wanted it to.  So we got what they call an "opposite fold "cover.  Really glad that we drew out on paper with the dealer how we wanted it all to look before we signed the papers.  THis I believe would have saved us at time of delivery. The dealer was more than accomodating and said that we could have the standard cover at the time of delivery and then trade in if we needed it.  WE discussed it further and we would just be delaying the inevitable -- opposite fold cover. So we did it at time of purchase.  Didn't even dawn on us as we drew it out. ourselves at home.    Another Lesson learned for those of you in the hunt for a hot tub, we just got lucky I think, before it arrived.  

Smartymose

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 03:05:59 pm »
Nothing like having it figured out ahead of time!

Tell me, is this opposite fold cover from HS or after market?

We were considering the Grande and would of had the same issue.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 03:06:39 pm by drober30 »

smartymose

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 03:20:19 pm »
Cover is HS...

drprwnap

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 05:43:12 pm »
Hi Smartymose,
May I please ask what you paid for your tub?  I know prices vary around the country but I live north of Pittsburgh. Thanks!
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 07:42:44 pm »
WE discussed it further and we would just be delaying the inevitable -- opposite fold cover. So we did it at time of purchase.  Didn't even dawn on us as we drew it out. ourselves at home.    Another Lesson learned for those of you in the hunt for a hot tub, we just got lucky I think, before it arrived.  

Smartymose

Just goes to show, you learn something new all the time here!

Congratulations on your purchase!

May you always have hot, bubbly, and clean water!

;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

smartymose

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 08:21:53 am »
WE paid 8695 for the 04 Grandee includes all the above that I noted, plus the subpanel, coverplate for one of the Moto Massages, and of course set up and delivery.  This price also included taxes, final price.  

JTJ23BA

• I love my HotSpring!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 08:56:37 pm »
You got a great deal.  Hope you are ready to sleep and feel better.  P.S.  Nothing more relaxing than sitting in the spa watching snow fall.  Only happens about once a year here in Oklahoma.  Congrats, i know you will love it.

Lori

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 06:51:41 am »
 P.S.  Nothing more relaxing than sitting in the spa watching snow fall.  Only happens about once a year here in Oklahoma.  Congrats, i know you will love it.

What part of Oklahoma are you from, JT?

smartymose

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 07:50:11 am »
I am getting a little bummed. Have a call into about 8 concrete guys...the couple I talked to need warmer weather to have the concrete set right.   I think we are in a delay mode for a few weeks now.   It eats at me knowing that the hot tub is ready to go when we give the word to the dealer!  

Pray for warmer weather in the NE!  

Lori

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 12:38:53 pm »
I am getting a little bummed. Have a call into about 8 concrete guys...the couple I talked to need warmer weather to have the concrete set right.   I think we are in a delay mode for a few weeks now.   It eats at me knowing that the hot tub is ready to go when we give the word to the dealer!  

Pray for warmer weather in the NE!  

I'm sorry to say, but the wait is the hardest part!

Hang in there!  It will be so worth it!

Warmer weather is coming!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 12:38:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42