What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Stuart Checking back in..  (Read 6386 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Stuart Checking back in..
« on: February 28, 2005, 10:25:06 am »
Hey guy's just got back! Sunburned, a bit heavier, running like mad trying to play catch-up!

Mexico was beautiful as always, I enjoy Puerto Vallarta much more than Cancun, it's less of a party place and more relaxing for us "Middle Age" people....!

The D1 seminars were incredible and I'm amazed by the professional and yet family tone of the whole company. I watched salesreps harassing the owner of D1 like he was a new rep on the block and he loved it!

I was a little disappointed on how little they covered product upgrades but more surprised at how little emphasis they put towards appreciation awards for both dealers and employees.

Not one factory rep was recognized! We received some award that, according to my factory rep, put us in the top 10 dealers in the country but it was so played down I don't even know what it was! I guess it will mean more when it comes in the mail!? Why go to so much expense and so much thought then not take the opportunity to get 100% loyalty from your top dealers?

Well, it was still a lot of fun all but the trip back. We left Saturday afternoon and then the real nightmares began; The airport in Mexico was a confused mess, the plane was late getting to Houston and getting through customs was a fiasco to say the lest! We spent the whole day running for flights and being insulted by airline and customs employees. What a way to spend my Birthday!

When we got home we found that they had lost our baggage, if this where not enough I had inadvertently put my jacket with my car keys in those bags so we had to get a ride from the airport only to go back the next day retrieve our vehicle! BTW, they didn't even cover the extra day parking....

The first thing I did when I got home was get in my spa!!

So what went on while I was gone? Did Steve and Chas control themselves?

Hot Tub Forum

Stuart Checking back in..
« on: February 28, 2005, 10:25:06 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Stuart Checking back in..
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 10:51:13 am »
I was supposed to control MYSELF? I though I was supposed to control Steve !

Hey sorry about that Steve!

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wetone

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 10:52:31 am »

The D1 seminars were incredible and I'm amazed by the professional and yet family tone of the whole company. I watched salesreps harassing the owner of D1 like he was a new rep on the block and he loved it!

Very impresive for us, first time being at a D1 dealer convention.

Well, it was still a lot of fun all but the trip back. We left Saturday afternoon and then the real nightmares began; The airport in Mexico was a confused mess, the plane was late getting to Houston and getting through customs was a fiasco to say the lest! We spent the whole day running for flights and being insulted by airline and customs employees. What a way to spend my Birthday!

Now I don't feel so bad, our plane was late leaving Puerta Vallarta Missed our 3pm connecting flight, customs well... you got that right! >:(. so we spent the next 20 hours chasing connecting flights till we finaly got to Detroit at 1:35am to catch last plane to Toronto, well delayed till 6am. Not about to sit at the Airport for 5 hours, took a cab from Detroit airport to London Ontario. The cab driver had to think for a minute when he asked were to... and I said London Ontario ;D
2 hour later we were home. Luggage, nobody knows were it ended up so the hunt begins.

On a positive note, Puerto Vallarta was GREAT. Got to meet Stuart (BTW, Happy Birthday, Same day as mine ;D) and a couple other regulars here.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 11:03:58 am by wetone »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 10:53:03 am »
Oh, and to answer your question, not much happened. My truck was stolen, Lori admitted to still owning platforms, and Bill fixed it so we can finally type Teaspoon and Tablespoon.

Welcome home.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 11:02:55 am »
Happy Belated Birthday, Stuart!!

Glad you are back safe and sound!!!

Get some aloe for that sunburn (I'm a redhead, I'm an expert!)

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Lori

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 11:03:23 am »
Wetone,

Glad you are back, safe and sound, as well!!!

Oops, Happy Belated Birthday to you, too!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 01:07:50 pm by Lori »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 12:06:04 pm »
On a positive note, Puerto Vallarta was GREAT. Got to meet Stuart (BTW, Happy Birthday, Same day as mine ;D) and a couple other regulars here.

Same Birthday?! I knew I liked you!

I must say one of the highlights to the trip was meeting you and your wife even for the breif times that we got to chat...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 12:07:38 pm »
Happy Belated Birthday, Stuart!!

Glad you are back safe and sound!!!

Get some aloe for that sunburn (I'm a redhead, I'm an expert!)

Thanks,
Considering that my head is shaved and I went out without a hat...I'm a Redhead also NOW!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 12:15:29 pm »
Oh, and to answer your question, not much happened. My truck was stolen, Lori admitted to still owning platforms, and Bill fixed it so we can finally type Teaspoon and Tablespoon.

Welcome home.

You were supposed to keep an eye on Steve! There has to be some checks and balances somewhere!

I was here for the truck fiasco! Did they find the prefs? I must say that I told myself to try and act like Chas was watching the whole time I was in Mexico so I was good (most of the time) ;)!

If anyone but Lori admitted to still owning platforms I would be confused but considering the fact that she would be lost in some crowds without them we can overlook that! ;D

Bill fixed the spoon issue! That's gthingyt! I thought with the Hockey thing going on he would be too much of a celebrity entertaining bored hockey fans to help us out much!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 12:40:30 pm »
You were supposed to keep an eye on Steve! There has to be some checks and balances somewhere!
Man, I guess I blew it pretty bad then. My apologies all around !!
I was here for the truck fiasco! Did they find the prefs?
Nope. I haven't even been to the cop shop to pick up the report - but I did get the truck out of the shop: $1200 so far, and another $500 for tires soon - they are all weathered/aged which is most likely why the guy was able to fry the right rear to bits as he did.
I must say that I told myself to try and act like Chas was watching the whole time I was in Mexico so I was good (most of the time) ;)!
Well, we were all watching the papers, and when your name didn't show up we knew something was keeping you in check.
Bill fixed the spoon issue! That's gthingyt! I thought with the Hockey thing going on he would be too much of a celebrity entertaining bored hockey fans to help us out much!
Oh Bill's been real gthingy lately.

;)

Lori

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 01:10:43 pm »
Thanks,
Considering that my head is shaved and I went out without a hat...I'm a Redhead also NOW!

Ow!  Nothing worse!!  I used to get sunburns where the part in my hair was!

But at least you are in good company, NOW!

;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 04:07:55 pm »

Glad to see you back Stu!

Well...Chas asked me to "Step outside". Up here I think it means something different... ;D

He made me stand in a corner and "chill" too. You gonna stand for that? ??? (Sit if you have to... ;) )

Just so you know..it was totally unprovoked... ::)

Steve

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2005, 05:56:43 pm »
Happy Belated Birthday Stuart and Wetone!!!

BTW, I had a strange sensation one summer on the top of my head ... found out my hair was thinning and sunburn does hurt!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 05:58:23 pm by Vinny »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 07:22:13 pm »
Happy Belated Birthday Stuart and Wetone!!!

BTW, I had a strange sensation one summer on the top of my head ... found out my hair was thinning and sunburn does hurt!

When I first found out my hair was thinning I was optimistic and just hoped that I was getting taller and growing through my hair. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.... :-/

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 08:07:57 pm »
When I first found out my hair was thinning I was optimistic and just hoped that I was getting taller and growing through my hair. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.... :-/

I thought it was the fact that I had grown a beard a few years before and now trained my hair to grow down instead of up! ???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 08:07:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42