What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1771 times)

noslokir

« on: February 26, 2005, 02:54:18 pm »
My wife and I are about to purchase our first Hot Tub. Initially we though we could get something decent in the $4000 range but quickly found out we were in lala land. We have narrowed our choices to Hot Springs Prodigy for $6000, Tiger River Sumatran for $5400 Jacuzzi Premium J335 for $5400 or the Image 739 for $5400. We don't live near a sprawling metropolis so our choices are somewhat limited. I would appreciate any feedback both positive and negative that any one has on these models.

By the way, this is a great forum and has been a huge help to me already.

Hot Tub Forum

« on: February 26, 2005, 02:54:18 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 04:37:08 pm »
 The Prodigy is larger than the Sumatran, and has the added jet: the "Soothing Seven."

They have the same warranty except the siding: 3 years for Tiger River Sumatran, and 5 years.

The Heater in the Sumatran is Stainless Steel with a five-year no-fault warranty, and the Heater in the Prodigy is Titanium with the same coverage.

The Prodigy has the no-bypass filtration and could use the Tri-X filters if you choose to pay for them, or if you can get the dealer to include them.  

The major components are the same in both tubs.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

JTJ23BA

• I love my HotSpring!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 09:54:45 pm »
noslokir, either the Prodigy or Sumatran you would love.  I have an 03 Prodigy and the layout is the same as the 05.  I am 6'2 and can massage any muscle on my body because of the open seating design.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 09:54:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42