What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Home from vacation  (Read 3316 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Home from vacation
« on: February 17, 2005, 01:41:41 am »
Well, we got home last night.

Easy flights, easy connections. We had to hop back to Oahu, and then an hour later we took off for LAX. No problem.

The plane took off a little late, with aplogies, but we had a tailwind, and they pushed it. We got in two minutes early. No problem.

The weather was almost identical in all three places, so no problem.

Then I checked in with the store, they had sold a few spas, delivered a few, and still no problem.

Then I looked out and asked, "where's the blue truck?"

Problem.

Now the fun part: it took all afternoon to call employees, former employees, relatives and friends, then drive to two warehouses, stores, and home to be sure it wasn't just stitting in the wrong place. Nope. Gone.

Police report, stolen vehicle.

While I was on the phone, my 'beep beep' went off. It was my son, "Dad, I found the truck."

To make a long story short, somebody stole our truck some time in the last ten days. We don't know exactly when, but they shredded the right rear tire while they had it. I mean really shredded the thing. The changed it, tossed the bad tire along with lotsa empty beer cans into the bed, and left a large number of papers with their name, address and phone number on them, clothing items, shoes, and parked it in front of a homeless shelter three blocks from our store. In fact, it was on the street we use to go from store to warehouse, which is what my son happened to be doing when he spotted it.

Locks changed tomorrow, some new tires, no problem.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Home from vacation
« on: February 17, 2005, 01:41:41 am »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Re: Home from vacation
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 03:07:44 am »
Bad luck and a terrible way come home from paradise.

Wasn't you sons car vandilized a few months ago?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 08:10:08 am »
At least you got your truck back, and you don't have to file an insurance claim.  Irritating thing to have to deal with after 10 days in paradise, though.
Brewman
Brewman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 09:50:48 am »
Yup - I had forgotten about my son's car. We don't know for sure if the blue truck was locked. Lots of people use it, including some friends who tend to borrow it for all manner of things.

It will go to our mechanic today for some new locks, and then to the tire store for all new rubber: I don't know if the tire shredded because it was lead-footed to death or just because it was old. The truck may be old, but it can most definetly lay down a long patch of rubber if you ask it to. I bet the guy had a blast with it, and it will be interesting to have it checked out to see if any damage shows up other than the tire...

The officer who came to take the report was a young'un. Very polite, and about as thorough as he could be: he bagged up all the items, left one laying on the seat in case I wanted to jot down the person's name (I didn't) and then photographed everything with a digicam.

I am still amazed at the fact that from the time I finally gave up looking for some other explaination and got on the phone to make the stolen vehicle report, to the  time my son stumbled upon the truck was less than two minutes. Would have made a great Lojack commercial...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
More vehicle fun...
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 10:01:51 am »
Seemingly, just to prove the point that vacation has ended, I had to get up before the sun this morning to jump start one of our other trucks. My son is driving to Watkins today to pick up three spas. The White truck is a duplicate of the Blue. I tend to think of it as still brand new because I can still feel the pain of writing that check at the dealership... but in reality it's five years old now.

Anyway, just as I was going into the deepest part of sleep, dreaming about all the cash I handed out in tips over the past ten days, my son came in a announced gently that the truck wouldn't start.

We had to jump start it last night, but we figured it was just because it had been sitting untouched for the previous ten days... it's sort of my 'bosses truck' and gets all the best treatment, including not being put into the hands of employees unless absolutely needed.

Oh well, I'm up now and off to the races again....

autoplay

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 10:47:00 am »
Chas,while you were in the state away from the mainland...did you happen to see if there was/is a Hot-Springs dealer located on any of the islands?  Would be curious about pricing,and length of delivery...from time of purchase till use.

Going to Vegas in april with a bunch of online groupies...u interested? If so,I'll have Sue pass along the info.  And,that goes out to anyone else interested.

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 12:36:55 pm »
We had to hop back to Oahu, and then an hour later we took off for LAX. No problem.

Blah   Blah   Blah.....  Here in Indiana it's flippin freezing cold... snow.... windy.   :'(
(Please note the jealous twang)
Measure once, cut twice.

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 02:24:25 pm »
 If Jim reads this post about your misfortune.Iam sure he would have no sympathy for you.That guy really seems to have it in for you.The guy is a nut!!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 04:03:01 pm »
I would say that we missed you but it was like you where never gone! We were too busy ourselves enjoying our Hawaiian vacations vicariously through you!

I have started looking into bringing my wife on a trip there this year, a plan sparked by your posts from the islands! ;)

As far as the truck, Bummer! I’ve had similar situations with trailers and spas in the last year, glad you found it!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 07:54:07 pm »
We had a complete package, with lots of great tours and outings set up. But we had several afternoons off, and we found a guide book that helped emmensely. If you are going to Maui, which is the Island I have enjoyed the most out of the ones I have been to, this is the book to get.

Many folks told us this is the book the locals hate, because is gives away all the best "secret spots." It is also fun to read - not taking itself too seriously. Sort of like me.  ;)

Wizard Pub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 07:54:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42