What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Homeshows & Value To Consumers  (Read 7320 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Homeshows & Value To Consumers
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 01:05:24 pm »

Other than my total lack of sales ability and my occasional tendency to say, "What are you stupid?" it sounds like a great idea.

Bill,
Come on, East Tx wasn't simply referring to ANY of his past customers!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 01:05:24 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 01:31:12 pm »
Absolutely, ANY SINGLE ONE of my existing customers I would not hesitate to ask to work the show for me.

Now, many of them are too shy or crotchety to do it.  Some, quite frankly, would not have the capability or the personality.  However, I'm confident that they would promote our spa to the best of their ability.

CEO

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 01:33:19 pm »
I always thought the word was:

"Stooopid"

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 02:51:05 pm »
We are down to the two shows we feel do us the most good and they are both HBA shows.

We used to do sports shows but found that rather than just going up against the other spa dealers we were competing against boats jet ski's campers ect.

I don't think buying a hottub is an impulse buy and we very seldom closed them right at the show.

I do think buying a boat or camper can be more of an impulse buy. We bought our boat at a show and we really just went there for something to do.

We take 10 spas the the big show in Bismarck and 4 here in my town.

The fireplace display is really where we concentrate. It takes our install crews two days to set up for the big show and one full day out here.

When they're done it looks like you've just stepped into someones home. They frame and build walls, install fireplaces, do rock and brick displays, and tile work as well as oak and marble fireplace surrouds.

We decorate it like your home with artwork, furniture, and floral arraingements from local businesses.

This show comes at the right time if you're building or remodeling a home but the one in March is a bit early for hottubs.

We do however get a ton of leads to work and manage to close some nice deals and get some new blood to work.

It's alot of work, long hours, sore feet, grumpy installers, and then the tear down begins.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 03:07:38 pm »
We seem to have some real success doing the Boat and RV Show.  We actually do better there than at the Home Show.  The only thing I can figure is that there are a lot of people at the boat show with discretionary income.  After looking at $15,000 plus boats and campers, our $9,000 spas look like quite a bargain! ;)

CEO
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wetone

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 04:51:45 pm »
I always thought the word was:

"Stooopid"

;)

that's the Canadian version, eh.  ;D

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 11:43:20 pm »

that's the Canadian version, eh.  ;D

Actually I thought in Canada it would be....Stooopid, Eh...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 11:58:30 pm »
Easy now you two... >:( ;)

You have no idea what us Canadians are like when we don't see a hockey game for an entire season... >:( WE'RE READY TO SNAP! :o

Home show selling has nothing to do with pressure when it's done correctly. It's all in the sales training. Like anything else, there's a right way and wrong way to do it. I'd even tell ya if you carried Hydropool... :-/ ;D

For the record, East TX has a great idea there...I might even steal it! ;D

Steve
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 12:00:21 am by Steve »

zzaphod42

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 10:27:09 am »
Easy now you two... >:( ;)

You have no idea what us Canadians are like when we don't see a hockey game for an entire season... >:( WE'RE READY TO SNAP! :o
Steve

I agree completely. My (14 yr old) brother's hockey season just ended this week, and I don't know what I am going to do now :-/

Oh wait...did you mean the NHL :D

And I must say, that I REALLY like the idea of having customers help out at home shows!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 10:31:32 am »
I heard the NHL is changing its name to the NHA or No Hockey 'ey?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 02:50:38 pm »
I am just curious on how dealers close their customers during the show?  Do you have a closing area (like a table and chairs)?  

We use a couple of guys named Guido and Bubba, a little duct tape, some pliers and a sound proof gazebo….it has proved pretty effective!  sorry I couldn’t resist
Acutally we always have a closing area, whether it be a table and chairs or, if space is tight we use a bar and stools at a gazebo.
Do you completely accessorize the spas on display with umbrellas, cover lifts, planters, wood wrap around’s (no jokes please), and even maybe putting one in a gazebo?

I think it is very important to accessorize the spas as much as possible. I also believe that show wood products like Gazebos or surrounds is a must! Even if you don’t sell them it attracts people to your booth.
Do you put prices directly on the spas showing the savings or do you use a book during the show?

Putting prices on the spas is a double edged sword. If you cannot get to the customer quickly they may prejudge the product by the price without any understanding of why it would cost that much. If they have been shopping for awhile they will see the value however, if they are just starting out it can be a negative. I try to post the savings on the spa or even monthly payments but only put the sale price on the lost leaders or lower end units.
Do you use special financing for the show?

We get special discounted rates on financing 2 to 3 times a year and try to get them to coincide with the show.
Do you take your most popular models?  How many models do you take?

We take whatever model has the most curb appeal, the best priced model, one model with the best seating and fill the rest with size and price points as best we can depending on the size of the booth.

We also try to get customers to work the show and stage customers at the Parade of Homes displays.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 02:51:14 pm by stuart »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 02:50:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42