What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: L.A. and other tub comparisons  (Read 7385 times)

steve771

Re: L.A. and other tub comparisons
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2004, 10:17:48 pm »
Geez stuart, I wish you would have posted that when I was looking!  I might have gone differently.  Are LA spas THAT bad?  ???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2004, 10:17:48 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2004, 10:25:58 pm »
No, HotSpring is THAT much BETTER! Honestly.....

LA Makes a decent price point though

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2004, 10:47:58 pm »
You know, I was just thinking about this and I need to clarify...

It's not just about what is used to make a spa, how many jets, how many cool features, if the jets can peel the skin off your back or even the fact that you set some spas to do a special clean cycle in the middle of November 2009! It comes down to a lot more to many of us in the industry; shell pull, cabinet fit, noise level, water turn over, warrenty call ratios, dealer support (so we can support you), ease of use and many, many other things. In that respect HotSpring is in the upper echelon as is Marquis and D1.

My personal scale includes; level of customer service history worldwide. This is another area where HotSpring excels.

I don't think any spa makes more sense to me than a Marquis or a D1 but I put a high value on the industry standard that Watkins has achieved and maintained. In that respect LA and many other companies can't come close.....

My opinion, you can't fairly compare a HotSpring Prodigy with any LA spa. You might however be a bit more fair comparing the Tiger River line to the LA although then you have to go back to the company history and record and TR wins hands down.

LA would compare to many spas that are good but as an industry pro for many years I truly believe that there are those brands that have stood out as the leaders and "Standard" for the industry and I believe we should give them their "just due" and recognition. Even if that means blatantly pointing out positioning differences in brands when people are trying to compare price for quality.

I sold many LA spas and many of my customers loved them, I’m not ashamed of having pushed them so hard to everyone I knew back then but as I matured in the industry and learned more I found brands that excelled above them in many respects so I moved forward with my thinking…..

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2004, 10:54:30 pm »
I started in this business with LA and have followed them throughout their history from A & H Equipment to the new owners group and although I'm happy that you have had a good experience with your spa I will adamantly stand behind the fact that other than they both have hot water and jets, there is no comparison between the two for engineering, performance, reliability, history and many other things.

Just so you know, I don't sell HotSpring nor do I like them as much as what I do sell however it's my opinion that they are leaps and bounds above LA. So you also know, my opinion is based off of many, many years of dealing with both brands, owning both brands, selling both brands and servicing both brands. Now that I sell neither it matters little to me what most people think of them, I just can't feel good about the comparison being anywhere close......

I do sell HotSpring, and I do agree with the Stu.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stlucia10

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 08:36:54 pm »
What are the issues with the La Spa waranty.  We have wet tested D1, HS,Marquis, Thermospa, LA, Cal, PDC and Master, and so far LA has felt the best.  We liked the therapy seat, although D1's lounger and adjustable neck jets are great.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 08:47:57 pm »
What are the issues with the La Spa waranty.  We have wet tested D1, HS,Marquis, Thermospa, LA, Cal, PDC and Master, and so far LA has felt the best.  We liked the therapy seat, although D1's lounger and adjustable neck jets are great.

If you tested a Thermospa than that is a first....

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 08:15:32 am »
Yeah, just how did you test a Thermospa?
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 08:15:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42