What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: BullFrog Spas  (Read 11398 times)

spaguyohio

Re: BullFrog Spas
« on: February 15, 2005, 03:14:25 pm »
I havent heard anything negative about them. Folks seem to like them a lot. They are kinda unique as you can move th ejet packs to various seats.

Hot Tub Forum

« on: February 15, 2005, 03:14:25 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 03:23:48 pm »
I think most people are going to be happy with what ever spa they buy ..unless they have major problems....I think the thing with bull frog and it has been pointed out here before....is that very few will change the packs...as they are fairly expensive to do..but also the problem with the design is bacterial growth behind the packs and it is a valid concern and has again been mentioned here before..

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 03:44:25 pm »
Nicole, prepare for the flack.

Are you affiliated with Bullfrog? To ask a question, and then be armed with all the answers raises suspicions. Or are you just a well informed potential buyer?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 03:53:21 pm »
I agree Bill, sounds suspicious.  Maybe she's a Bullfrog mole.
(Not indiginous to these here parts)
;)
Measure once, cut twice.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 04:14:51 pm »
Nicole,

I have heard from more than one person with far more knowledge than I ...that they do not filter behind the packs.....maybe it is not spa water that is returned to the spa....but run off and it perhaps gets trapped there...I am unsure myself....but in speaking to others they mentioned that as being the biggest concern....the packs.....are what they are a nice idea....but will most likely not be changed by many...

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 04:39:52 pm »
mendo, as Nicole mentioned there is a tube behind the pack that has some water flow - but the big question (and valid concern) is whether or not that flow is sufficient to keep things from collecting and growing back there. From the info I've gathered, it is unlikely.

I am intrigued by thier ingenuity and am looking forward to seeing how these newcommers fare over time.

Member TLC was suppose to have taken delivery of his Bullfrog last week... anything to report yet TLC?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 04:41:01 pm by empolgation »
e

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 04:50:50 pm »
Hi Nicole,

I work at place that sells bullfrog spas.  What questions do you have I could answer them for you?

What about answering the question that has been raised about bacteria build up behind the packs...I am not putting them down....just expressing the concern that I have heard from others that have had experience with them......

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 04:53:16 pm »
Actually BullFrog Spas have 100% filtration.  Each BullFrog Spa is equipped with a special valve, which allows for a 100% filtration during a filter cycles.  When pump #1 is on low-speed, this valve remains closed, allowing all the water to travel through the filter.  When pump #1 is operating on high-speed (when the jets are turned on), this valve opens, allowing the extra water flow that the filter cannot handle, to flow through the in-take suction located in the foot well.  As a result, maximum flow performance is achieved through the jets.  As for be behind the JetPak itself there is tube which circulates back into the spa.

That is not considered 100% filtration, that is a bypass system...Is the second pump filtered at all?

Bullfrog has a really unique way of "niche" marketing but I don't agree that anyone will change the jet pack out enough to make that system logical. I also think that there are some potential inbred problems that will occur over time to be able to have that convenience that would outweigh the feature.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 05:02:32 pm by stuart »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 05:04:57 pm »
I'm looking to buy one and have done some research.  Especially on the filtration because of that concern.

Welcome Nicole ;D

If you are really concerned about filtration, be sure to take a look at the HotSpring Spas.  Every single one of them has true 100% No-Bypass filtration.  24/7/365.  You'll probably really like what you see when you research their website.

CEO
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 05:13:04 pm »
That sounds good...Please help me out....have'nt Bull Frog been around for about 5 years

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 05:18:14 pm »
I believe they've been around about 9 years but I'm not sure if they've always had the JetPak design or if that is something recent.

CEO

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 05:29:27 pm »
Is there anything else besides the JetPaks that is different and good about Bullfrog spas?

The JetPaks are about the only thing I've seen that they do differently from most other spa companies.

CEO

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 05:46:28 pm »
PoolToSpa, this is some good information and I appreciate you sharing it. :)

Do all of the jets run at the same time and can they be adjusted individually?

Thanks!

CEO

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 05:55:59 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I understand that the jets all run at the same time full speed, but can some of the seats be turned down or even off if wanted?

CEO

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 05:57:45 pm »
I am not trying to be argumentative....But I have looked at them in person...and talking to the salesperson about them....higher water flow was never mentioned nor did I notice any difference at all.....Do you know what the GPM is for them.....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 05:57:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42