What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Built in Ionizers?  (Read 1786 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Built in Ionizers?
« on: February 16, 2005, 09:35:21 am »
Is any manufacturer offering built in electrically powered Ionizers?   My dealer is offering me a great deal on  trading in our tub for a new model.   There are some improvements to the layout of this year's model over ours, and I like the looks of the new exterior better.  Another feature is that both pumps are two speed.  But they are talking about this ionizer system in their new Advantage line.  I have yet to see that anywhere else. In fact I"ve yet to see it on thier website, though an update was promised weeks ago.

They have gone away from quoting braking horsepower and now they have a circ pump.  With the ionizer they are quoting, at least verbally 6 months before water changes.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Built in Ionizers?
« on: February 16, 2005, 09:35:21 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Built in Ionizers?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 02:29:12 pm »
Most ozone systems can go 6 months IF you don't use MPS. Dichlor only.

But as to your question: check carefully. Most ionizer systems use an electrolytic cell which needs care and replacement at set intervals. I have not found any system which beats good ol' dichlor. A high-quality ozone system can reduce the amount of dichlor you need to use, and if it runs 'round the clock it's a nice way to be sure something is going into the water at all times - this will tend to ease your workload.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 02:33:25 pm »
Sounds good, I doubt we will bite on the deal, as appealing at it sounds. (I like the design of the new tub. though we would have to wet test) We have too much on our plate this year and our cruise coming up next year.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 02:33:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42