What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance "quality"??  (Read 9119 times)

rick

Re: Sundance "quality"??
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 05:47:42 pm »
Just so you know Chris,  Coleman carries a 5 year warranty on it's ozonator.  Guess they don't care how long their's last,  they just care that the customer gets taken care of.   :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 05:47:42 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2005, 06:05:48 pm »
Just so you know Chris,  Coleman carries a 5 year warranty on it's ozonator.  Guess they don't care how long their's last,  they just care that the customer gets taken care of.   :)

Very interesting. I tried to find Coleman's warranty on-line so I could look up the specifics of this and I'm curious as to whether that covers the issues that typically may arise on an ozonator. Either the warranty is not available on-line or I wasn't patient enough to find it (certainly possible).

Anyway, are we talking CD ozone? Does it require a chip change after "x" hours? If it requires a chip change am I correct that it is not covered as part of the warranty? Can you post the wording for the ozonator warranty section or is in not very specific?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rick

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 06:24:27 pm »
I tried finding the warranty on their site also to no avail.  
I tried calling my dealer, but he was out.  I was just echoing what he had told me with regard to my warranty.
To make sure,  I called MAXX customer service and found out that I was wrong.   The factory installed Balboa ozonator that I have (UV lamp), is 3 years parts and labor.  
I will double check my warranty when I get home, but dangit, that fine print gets hard to read the older I get.

:)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2005, 06:39:19 pm »
Here it is...

MAAX SPAS Arizona warrants the Fiber Optic systems (including illuminator and fiber bundle, but not the light bulb), factory installed ozone generators (including  generator, transformer, and injector), and synthetic cabinet (excluding fading/discoloration) for a period of three years from date of purchase.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 06:51:29 pm »
Here it is...

factory installed ozone generators (including  generator, transformer, and injector),

"including generator, transformer, and injector". The injector certainly should never fail (other than getting calcium deposits which aren't warranted) as its molded plastic. Therefore, the warranty really covers the generator/transformer, which is good. Unfortunately that will not cover the UV bulb (or CD chip if they use that type) which are what you'll need to change every 1˝ yrs as part of routine maintenance but that is to be expected.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2005, 07:08:14 pm »
I feel a little ignorant asking you this but is changing the bulb or chip something the customer can do, or does it require a tech.

Tubber

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 06:47:24 am »
The Sunzone CD carries a 3 year year warranty from Sundance.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 07:24:42 am »
Posted by: Tubber Posted on: Today at 7:47am

"The Sunzone CD carries a 3 year year warranty from Sundance. "

Since when?  As far as I have been working with Sundance, it has always been 1 year.

Tubber

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2005, 08:25:48 am »
Sunzone CD deluxe is 3 years, the SE is 2 years. A Jed is also 2 years. I got it right from the Sundance sales trainer.

taz

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2005, 11:40:48 am »
A couple of comments:

1) I absolutely agree with some of the other posters... for any first time buyers out there - CHOOSE YOUR DEALER WISELY!  After my buying experience I sincerely believe that this is more important than the actual tub, especially if you have a couple different tubs you are considering. An established, reputable dealer is well worth a premium.  

2) I got the 1-year SunZone CD warranty directly from my installation instructions paperwork that came w/ the ozonator - last page. I don't have it in front of me, but it cleary states it is a 1- year warranty on the SunZone CD ozonator.

Taz

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 11:50:26 am »
All of my paperwork, including the manual that states what Sundance will pay for all types of warranty work, show Sundance as only paying for 1 year of warranty with no labor reimbursement.  I also know that I have sent in warranties for ozones that have died after 1.5 years and received no credit.

Unless it is new for 2005, ozone generators are warrantied for 1 year.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005, 01:03:03 pm »
I feel a little ignorant asking you this but is changing the bulb or chip something the customer can do, or does it require a tech.

You know I can build or retrofit homes based on sound building science and not some fly by night operator which is not my primary job and I can handle quite a few things in and around an automobile.  But when it comes to my hot tub, I'm nervous ....... about opening up the panels. I mean I know I can do it and I think that I'm savvy enough to do some things, but there's something there that tells me that I would prefer my dealer to handle. This will no doubt change over the years, or better yet through experience, but expecting to be able to walk a client through a process like this could freak comeone out.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2005, 01:28:30 pm »
but expecting to be able to walk a client through a process like this could freak comeone out.

It would freak me out!  I am not mechanically inclined!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2005, 01:28:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42