What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet-Tested Sundance Marin  (Read 12041 times)

Chris_H

Wet-Tested Sundance Marin
« on: February 14, 2005, 11:05:25 am »
Hello All,

So I was doing my occasional, wet testing of spas this weekend.  I tested the Sundance Marin.  

I tested the Optima last year and enjoyed it much more than the Grandee.  Sorry to the Hotspring folks.  I am expecting better results this year with the dual moto-massage.  I will tell you how that goes in about 2 weeks or so.

I was extremely impressed with the Marin.  I am a tall guy (6’2’’) and I can say I did not fit in the Marin’s lounge, however I can say unequivocally anyone under 5’10’’ would fit in this unit perfectly and NOT float in the lounge.  I enjoyed the massage on the 6 rotary jets in the lounge.  These six jets gave me arguably the best massage in a spa in a long time.  However, I definitely hate the wrist jets on all spas due to the fact that it tends to hit a very sensitive area when I move from seat to seat.  This lounge is only found in the Marin and the Altamar.

Including the lounge the Marin has 4 therapy seats.  The other three seats have the Fluidix and Vortex jets in them.  I am a very big proponent of the Fluidix jets due to their versatility and dependability (very few warranty related issues ask any dealer).

The seat next to the lounge had 2 Fluidix Intelli-Jets on top of each other.  I had those two jets oscillating up and down and I also changed them to be straight jets.  This seat is a lot like one of the Optima’s corner seats.  Having the jets oscillating up and down does a good job of massaging the spinal column.  

I then moved to the “Accu-Sage” seat.  This seat has 10 Fluidix-ST jets.  I hate this seat.  I hate seats the push me out of the seat and spill all the water coming out of the jets.  It is just annoying.  How this seats works is pretty interesting.  With the air off, the jets oscillate side to side, but with the air on with jets hit you straight.  This seat gives a great deep tissue massage with the air off and on, but I definitely could not sit in the seat full blast with the air on.  Obviously, some people like that type of massage.

I then shifted my butt over to the other corner seat.  This seat has jets that are in the position of a triangle.  The top jet was a Fluidix Intelli-Jet oscillating side to side and the bottom two jets were the Vortex jets.  I love the Vortex Jets.  They did a great job massaging the lower back.  I would recommend having the Vortex Jets for anyone with lower back pain.  Good pressure with some sort of swirling motion.

Please ask away, if you have any questions.  By the way, I can also give a review of the Sundance Bahia if you guys want.

I am probably going to test the Hotspring Vanguard (this better impress me a lot or I will be pissed) and Jacuzzi Premium J-385 (it probably won’t change my mind on this LTP brand, but I am going in with an open mind) in the near future.  

« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 11:22:13 am by Chris_H »

Hot Tub Forum

Wet-Tested Sundance Marin
« on: February 14, 2005, 11:05:25 am »

poolboy34

Re: Wet-Tested Sundance Marin
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 11:15:04 am »
Hello All,

I am probably going to test the Hotspring Vanguard (this better impress me a lot or I will be pissed) and Jacuzzi Premium J-385 (it probably won’t change my mind on this POS brand, but I am going in with an open mind) in the near future.  

HEHE, couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!!  CHEAPER isn't better.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 11:41:40 am »
Chris I don't know how you can be sure that no one will float in the lounger in the Sundance Marin.

It's been my experience that some people float in some seats and don't in others. I don't belive there is a spa out there that can gaurentee that no one will float in it.

People's bodies have different bouyence's, and just because you didn't float does not mean that everyone out there won't.

I enjoy reading wet test results, and think it's interesting what appeals to others. BTW what does POS stand for?

Spahappy :D

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 11:42:56 am »
POS = Piece of Sh*t

spahappy

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 11:52:34 am »
POS = Piece of Sh*t

Now Chris why did you need to put that in your wet test results post.

I hope everyone out there realizes that you have a problem with that brand of spa and that you most likely will not keep an open mind when you wet test it.

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 12:05:27 pm »
I don’t think I would have a problem with it if I thought Jacuzzi Premium was as good as Hotspring, Sundance, Marquis, and Caldera.  I don’t think it is as good as those brands, but realize it is an opinion.  I am going to keep as open a mind as possible.

spahappy

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 12:46:17 pm »
I don’t think I would have a problem with it if I thought Jacuzzi Premium was as good as Hotspring, Sundance, Marquis, and Caldera.  I don’t think it is as good as those brands, but realize it is an opinion.  I am going to keep as open a mind as possible.

What brands do you sell?

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 01:14:59 pm »
I actually just became a Haven Representative.  Right in my own home.  I actually can help anyone that may be interested in earning a part-time income selling the most efficient spas EVER thru a pyramid scheme.  

New for 2005 will be the brand new DAIT insulation system called Master DAIT.  No one can even come close to the efficiency in the Master DAIT system.  We now have an entire ceiling fan mounted to the shell to remove the hot air in the summer.

spahappy

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 02:24:40 pm »
I actually just became a Haven Representative.  Right in my own home.  I actually can help anyone that may be interested in earning a part-time income selling the most efficient spas EVER thru a pyramid scheme.  

New for 2005 will be the brand new DAIT insulation system called Master DAIT.  No one can even come close to the efficiency in the Master DAIT system.  We now have an entire ceiling fan mounted to the shell to remove the hot air in the summer.

I'm sure you'll do quite well with that brand.

spahappy

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 02:43:29 pm »

Chris do you sell Sundance spas?

Chris_H

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 02:59:07 pm »

Chris do you sell Sundance spas?

I get that question a lot, but I am currently a full-time accountant.  

spahappy

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 03:55:30 pm »

I get that question a lot, but I am currently a full-time accountant.  

Wow I'm surprised you can find the time to be on this board during tax time.

Well since you're not in this industry I will disregard your statement about Jacuzzi's being POS'S ;D

Chris_H

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2005, 04:26:03 pm »
I am not a tax accountant, but I do get paid more now.

I used to be in the industry and still have many friends in the industry.  I am more a dealer/salesman/poolguy than a consumer if that makes any sense to you.

I am on here, so when I decide to get back to dealing with consumers, I am aware of what is going on.

spahappy

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2005, 04:46:10 pm »
Well since you seem quite educated on Sundance spas, I'd like your opinion on the ISO 9001 certification Sundance has?

My local Sundance dealer hits on this heavy in her sales presentaion.

From what I understand it's some kind of quality control program with strict and ongoing audits. I understand it  gaurentees that a Sundance spa that comes off the line will have the same quality as the one before it and the one after it, ect. ect. ect.

I'd like to know how important this really is. If any other Sundance dealers would like to reply that would be great.

Chris_H

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 05:21:38 pm »
Personally, I think the ISO9001 is an extremely valuable in the manufacturing of many products.  It is an important quality control mechanism.  It makes sure every product has a history from beginning to end.  It is one of those things if you don’t have it, there is no way to explain your manufacturers quality assurance program because unfortunately it probably is not as stringent as ISO’s.  

There is a gentleman on here that was an ISO auditor.  I think he owns a Grandee.  Not sure if ISO was part of his decision process.

Most consumers don’t know what it is, but there are many individuals that have experience with ISO9001 and wouldn’t buy a product without that symbol.  I can guarantee you that every Hotspring or Sundance salesperson (with at least 3 years experience) has sold at least one spa solely because they had the ISO9001 certification.  

I wouldn’t think it would be a major point in a selling presentation.  Maybe 5 minutes at the most.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 05:21:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42