What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm impressed and a bit humbled  (Read 15336 times)

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
Re: I'm impressed and a bit humbled
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2005, 04:12:20 pm »
The 'be back' bus? ???...Is that anything like the 'Short Bus'?...LOL
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 04:13:03 pm by Perk1 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2005, 04:12:20 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2005, 07:05:25 pm »
A rare jump in here. We've all been in sales for a bit, most of us anyhow. Isn't it pathetic when a manufacturers rep tries to explain to you how to close a sale.

No, not at all. I think it's pathetic when sales associates feel they have nothing left to learn. I sold over a 100 units per year but learnt a great deal from my rep from Beachcomber at the time. I can't speak for all reps, but most of them got to that position by excelling in retail sales. Not that I took offense to your post or anything... ::)

I always want to ask them, "soooo, when was the last time you took a check from a customer?"

Well, quite often they're excepting very large checks from business owners who are brilliant negotiators. We open up complete businesses and sell in truckloads as opposed to a single spa sale. We are selling an entire company on a product that a company will have for many years, which makes me believe that their sales skills must be polished to some degree.

I realy enjoy it when you are busy and they take an up..

That should never happen. It's up to the sales associate to make that clear if they feel strongly about it. I did just that many years ago at a home show to our rep. Problem is, most people don't mind complaining about it, but don't have the ba**s to voice their concern

When the customer leaves they all say the same thing. "That ones a buyer, They'll be back." Manufacturers rep=weakness in an expensive suit.  

You just sound bitter Frank and you've been that way in all of your posts since you left Jacuzzi.

Steve

« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 07:55:14 pm by Steve »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2005, 07:25:02 pm »
Steve,
I rolled my eyes at his predictable Archie Bunker-like post and considered a response but figured "why bother". You followed through with a critque that covered each point very well.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2005, 08:12:48 pm »
Yeah...it's not hard to spot the people that have been in retail longer than they can personally handle.

The unfortunate part is that we use to have a mutual respect for one another which I thought we still had right up until he completely dissed me and my profession in that post. Oh, well, I know Lori still loves me and that's what's important to me! :-* ;D

Steve

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2005, 08:22:40 pm »
Yeah...it's not hard to spot the people that have been in retail longer than they can personally handle.

The unfortunate part is that we use to have a mutual respect for one another which I thought we still had right up until he completely dissed me and my profession in that post. Oh, well, I know Lori still loves me and that's what's important to me! :-* ;D

Steve

Well yeah but Lori loves most everyybody... :D ...your going to have to get more than her to stand with you........ooooooook...........count me in.......   ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2005, 08:33:09 pm »
Wow, I'm beginning to wonder what will happen if/when I ever have to make a similar confession....

Could happen you know!!

:D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2005, 10:09:11 pm »
You just sound bitter Frank and you've been that way in all of your posts since you left Jacuzzi.  

Steve

I've wanted to say this for a long time...I refrained only because with the sheer level of knowledge that Frank has to offer I hoped he would get over his frustration and lighten up!!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2005, 10:14:13 pm »

Oops, cats out of the bag now.

Just don't tell me my IQ dropped 10 points after that post, LOL!

Spahappy :D

Depends...Are you blond?
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

ndabunka

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2005, 10:22:27 pm »
A rare jump in here. We've all been in sales for a bit, most of us anyhow. Isn't it pathetic when a manufacturers rep tries to explain to you how to close a sale. I always want to ask them, "soooo, when was the last time you took a check from a customer?" I realy enjoy it when you are busy and they take an up. When the customer leaves they all say the same thing. "That ones a buyer, They'll be back." Manufacturers rep=weakness in an expensive suit.

The truth is a mfg rep position is just like any other position. Some get it because their uncle owns the company while others work for it. Same in any business. I try to judge based on observation rather than to pre-judge.  Sounds like you've run into too many of the "relative" version recently. Hang onto that skepticism because there are still good ones out there.  The best offense is a good defense. If a salesperson is going a direction you've heard 1,000 times, just cut them short and  prod them for other pearls of wisdom. Once you've cut them short 4 or 5 times in a row, it's time to show them the door  IMHO...

ndabunka

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2005, 10:26:06 pm »
Well as much as I hate interupting all this male bonding I'm going to anyway.

Spent the better part of the afternoon getting to know more about the Jacuzzi spas and getting to know our sales rep.

I was impressed he'd take the time out of his busy schedule to visit us out here. Turns out he's continuing west to Montana to try to fry bigger fish in Billings and we're along the way. Those were not his exact words but that was the jist of them.

I'm still impressed with the product, and we learned more about the jets and diverter functions from the rep today. In fact I'm down at the store now and as soon as my co-worker gets here with the refreshments we're going to wet test the j-355. She hasn't tried it yet, and I think by wet testing she'll gain some confidence in the Jacuzzi line.

The best part of the day was... I sold Jacuzzi number 4 and it happened while the rep was here. Whats funny about this is, he was going through a sales point by point training guide and was just beginning on how to close the sale...good god...I wanted product training, not how to close a sale.

Well Machelle's here with some beverages, and the windows are fogged so motorists can't drive by and see me in my swimming suit, the tunes are on, and the Jacuzzi 101 class is about to begin..Boy I hate this job, work work work ;)

Spahappy :D

I think I can speak for all the male posters here... Any pics? Of both of you in the store's Jacuzzi #5? You know... for professional reasons. Have to see how those units are being so effectively promoted and all.
::)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2005, 11:42:54 pm »
Well yeah but Lori loves most everyybody... :D ...your going to have to get more than her to stand with you........ooooooook...........count me in.......   ;)

Awwww shucks ya big galoot.. ::) Careful of the reputation you are giving our spa Goddess though! ::)

Steve

Bigbender

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2005, 05:21:58 am »

I think I can speak for all the male posters here... Any pics? Of both of you in the store's Jacuzzi #5? You know... for professional reasons. Have to see how those units are being so effectively promoted and all.
 ::)

Yes, my thoughts exactly but I'm new here and I didn't want to make her mad by asking for pictures  :-X I have to confess though Spahappy, the thought of two women in a hot tub with beverages and steamed up windows has me a little turned on right now.

Heck, if the men out there in the prairie get word that you and Michelle are doing soak/ sales pitches, you're going to sell a bunch of tubs.... ::)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2005, 10:57:58 am »

Yes, my thoughts exactly but I'm new here and I didn't want to make her mad by asking for pictures  :-X I have to confess though Spahappy, the thought of two women in a hot tub with beverages and steamed up windows has me a little turned on right now.

Heck, if the men out there in the prairie get word that you and Michelle are doing soak/ sales pitches, you're going to sell a bunch of tubs.... ::)

I think I'm starting to realize why she didn't specify her gender previously. ;D
220, 221, whatever it takes!

saz

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2005, 11:13:22 am »

the thought of two women in a hot tub with beverages and steamed up windows has me a little turned on right now.

too.......much .......information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *bangs head on desk trying to get mental image of BigBender being turned on out of her head*  LOLOL (only joking BB)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 11:50:29 am by saz »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2005, 11:41:36 am »

Depends...Are you blond?

Yes ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2005, 11:41:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42