What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm impressed and a bit humbled  (Read 15334 times)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
I'm impressed and a bit humbled
« on: February 06, 2005, 12:01:37 pm »
I've been keeping a secret from most of you. A few months ago the company I work for added  Jacuzzi Premium to our spa line.

As most all of you know I've sold Coleman spas for over ten years and I'm a very loyal Coleman girl.

Needless to say I've had a bit of an attitude over this. Jacuzzi has many of the things we've sold against over the years such as full foam, 24hour circ pump, diverter valves, more than one filter.

Some of the simularities, solid pan bottom, skimmer system prior to the filter, programable filter cycles, and waterfalls.

The main store set the Jacuzzis up right away and started selling them shortly after that. Because of space issues at my little store, we just recently filled our J-355 two weeks ago.

I wet tested the J-355 and was amazed, and impressed with the spas's performance and comfort.

Looking at the spa dry next to one of the Colemans on the floor, didn't give me the warm fuzzies. I sat in the spa dry and felt it couldn't be comfortable wet.

Well I was wrong on all accounts. The spa is much more than I anticipated and shame on me for not taking my own and everyone elses advice on this forum to WET TEST.. WET TEST..WET TEST..

We've been having our 04 closeout sale for about a month now. We've sold three Jacuzzi's since I filled the one on my floor.

You're right Zz, change is a constant, and being able to have choices is great!

Spahappy :D  

« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 12:06:28 pm by spahappy »

Hot Tub Forum

I'm impressed and a bit humbled
« on: February 06, 2005, 12:01:37 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: I'm impressed and a bit humbled
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 12:04:43 pm »
I've been keeping a secret from most of you. A few months ago the company I work for added  Jacuzzi Premium to our spa line.

I'm a very loyal Coleman girl.

Your a girl?  ;D  Goes to show, sex, race, and to some extent age, aren't a factor if your here to discuss hot tubs in an intellegent manor. :)  Ok, now back to reading your points.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 09:42:38 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 12:08:24 pm »
I understand completely. My first few years I sold Beachcomber and beleived it was the best and only way to build a spa. No knock on Beach, but my eyes were opened when we switched to D-1 and then added Coleman. Wet tests blew me away.

What I had difficulty with (and sometimes still do) is presenting both at the same time. I would be talking about a D-1 feature and say Coleman or vice-versa.

Another tough part of multiple brands is the "Which is better?" question. I often sound like a politician answering this question. I truly beleive both are great spas, it just depends on what the customer wants/needs.

HTM

Homeworks Financing Representative

spahappy

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 12:11:29 pm »

Your a girl?  ;D  Goes to show, sex, race, and to some extent age, aren't a factor is your here to discuss hot tubs in an intellegent manor. :)  Ok, now back to reading your points.

Oops, cats out of the bag now.

Just don't tell me my IQ dropped 10 points after that post, LOL!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 12:14:50 pm by spahappy »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 12:12:24 pm »
Bill Bill Bill.....

Hey spahappy - I know exactly where you are coming from. Thanks for sharing.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 02:20:35 pm »
Coleman is a strong seller in my immediate area.  We have a very respectable dealer here.  There is nothing wrong with offering customers different approaches to building a spa as long as you like the manufacturer.  Best of luck with your new line.

poolboy34

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 05:15:13 pm »
Jeff,

Best way to handle that question is to just say that both are high quality brands that are quite frankly more similar then different.   One question i really hate is the proverbial "which one do you like?"   Which i always answer with:  "it doesn't matter what i like, it's what you like"

We had alot of the same issues that you had spa happy when we brought Caldera spas in.  We've sold D-1 for almost 20 yrs now, and some of our sales people still aren't really open to the new line.  Some of us have embraced it, b/c more choices ul;timately equals more customers, simply b/c they don't have to go down the street to get the features they like.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & caldera Dealer

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 07:50:26 pm »
So are you saying your coming out of the closet? ;) ???

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 08:21:24 pm »

Oops, cats out of the bag now.

Now I know why I always seemed to be attracted to your posts. I was getting worried there for a while
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 06:46:19 am »
You know, it's funny, but you really aren't alone.  When I was shopping, the local Sundance dealer also carried Marquis.  The sales guy (acutally the son-in-law to the owner, who did a bit of all of it) didn't want to discuss Marquis with me.  Only Sundance.  I hadn't found this board yet, so I didn't realize what I was missing, but they had taken Marquis on a few months before, and he was dead set against selling it!  

Anyway, just remembering my experience!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

spahappy

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 01:48:55 pm »
I'm very excited because our Jacuzzi rep. is comming to our little store out here on the praire to do some in store training today.

We're always excited when a rep comes out here to see us because it rarely happens. In all the years I've worked here, I've only had two fireplace reps and one Coleman rep visit this store. They visit the main store 99 miles East of me. After all we're not at the end of the world, but on a clear day you can see it from here. 8)

Thanks for all your comments and advise. I'm so glad I took the wet test myself. I feel we have a great opportunity to offer two different, but well made products to the consumer.

I hope to get my sales pitch down, regarding selling the two spas side by side before our first big home show in a few weeks.

I'm still a Coleman girl, but....I think an old dog can learn some new tricks ::)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 02:18:50 pm »
So what part of the prarie do you call home?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 03:31:51 pm »

As most all of you know I've sold Coleman spas for over ten years and I'm a very loyal Coleman girl.

Needless to say I've had a bit of an attitude over this. Jacuzzi has many of the things we've sold against over the years such as full foam, 24hour circ pump, diverter valves, more than one filter.

Some of the simularities, solid pan bottom, skimmer system prior to the filter, programable filter cycles, and waterfalls.

The main store set the Jacuzzis up right away and started selling them shortly after that. Because of space issues at my little store, we just recently filled our J-355 two weeks ago.

I wet tested the J-355 and was amazed, and impressed with the spas's performance and comfort.

Looking at the spa dry next to one of the Colemans on the floor, didn't give me the warm fuzzies. I sat in the spa dry and felt it couldn't be comfortable wet.

Well I was wrong on all accounts. The spa is much more than I anticipated and shame on me for not taking my own and everyone elses advice on this forum to WET TEST.. WET TEST..WET TEST..

We've been having our 04 closeout sale for about a month now. We've sold three Jacuzzi's since I filled the one on my floor.

You're right Zz, change is a constant, and being able to have choices is great!

SpaHappy keep us posted,
Regards, Zz

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2005, 04:46:59 pm »
For those of you unsure, Lori is also female... Sorry for exposing this Lori but I just couldn't contain myself any longer! ;)

Steve

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005, 04:55:25 pm »
For those of you unsure, Lori is also female... Sorry for exposing this Lori but I just couldn't contain myself any longer! ;)

Steve

Its time for you to come clean "Steve"!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005, 04:55:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42