What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: marquis spas  (Read 5630 times)

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
marquis spas
« on: February 08, 2005, 03:25:18 pm »
i was in a marquis dealer today (virginia) that has a "sa euphoria" with cover lifter ozonater, etc for $7595 sale price, with a "regular price of $9200". is this realistic? seems to be a very good spa, had a very pleasant sales rep (wasn't pushy, didn't knock every other comp)
is this really a deal, or just like an MSRP price like furniture (usually total bs) ??
the marquis line seems well recommended on this board and others. from performance to reliability.  i have noticed extra emphasis on the fact that the warrantee is very good...

planning to go wet test on fri......

Hot Tub Forum

marquis spas
« on: February 08, 2005, 03:25:18 pm »

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
Re: marquis spas
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 03:44:34 pm »
Thats a great price, does it include delivery, cover, steps, cover lifter, and chemicals?  I was quoted $8995 for the same spa in New York.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 03:56:36 pm »
That is a very good price....and it sounds like you working a with a good dealer as well....

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 04:20:39 pm »
That sounds like a good price.  It is most likely an '04 which he is trying to get rid of to move in some '05s.  I purchased an '02 tub just about this time in Feb of '03 and I saved approx $1000 from the original quote I received on the same tub the previous May.  So in my opinion this is the best time to buy.  Wet test...

obi wan

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 04:55:10 pm »
i have also found a HS landmark (now discontinued) that was a special order from 11 months ago at HS dealer that will sell it for $7500 also (supposedly marked down from $9400). being as the money is very close, any opinions on which is better??
both include ozonater, cover , cover lifter....
marquis will throw in floating remote control and steps.
any idea why HS discontinued the landmark?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 05:21:46 pm »
The Landmark was discontinued in order to make way for the Vista.  I think that a lot of people felt like the 3 loungers in the Landmark just took up too much room.

It was a great spa and the people that own them love them.  It was the most luxurious spa in the world during its time (in my opinion).

That would be a great deal on the Landmark.  As with all the HotSpring spas, you will always be able to get parts and service on it, no matter how long you own it.

CEO
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

jmpiv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 12:05:32 am »
Kent,

Make sure you go to the Marquis Web site and see if they are still offering $200 off coupons.

John

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 06:34:38 am »
How about wet testing?  You really should!

I don't think you could go wrong with either tub!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

obi wan

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 09:00:13 am »
the sale price on the marquis includes the $200 web coupon. they supply it for me.... and the price includes delivery and set up.

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 09:44:35 am »
Kent, I own the Landmark and I absolutely love it. We have had it for 2 years now.   I think it is the only 6 person spa that can actually hold 6 people comfortably.  The two 'recliners' are awesome.  My wife and I love the way they face each other for intimate conversations and they are really comfortable.  The 3 bench seats each offer a different point of massage and are very roomy.  And the lounge is very long and comfortable.  It has the Moto Massage and an awesome foot jet for the lounger.  The foot well is huge and there are really only 3 seat that actually need to put there feet into the foot well.  

I would not trade my Landmark for any other spa.  It has such a unique seating arrangement that no other spa even comes close to matching.  I don't know what I am going to do in 12 - 15 years when I need a new spa and cant get another Landmark.  Hopefully HS will bring them back by then.....LOL....

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 10:43:49 am »
kent,

As you can see here, everyone has their favorite spa. If you feel comfortable with your selection of the Euphoria spa at the FANTASTIC price of $7595.00. I would go for it. Have you considered a "wet test" to confirm this is the spa for you? It doesn't cost anything to make sure.
The Marquis line is a very good one, the Euphoria SA is an awesome spa. As a dealer of this product line and others, I don't think you will go wrong with this decision.
Good Luck...  ;D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 03:17:52 pm »
kent,

As you can see here, everyone has their favorite spa. If you feel comfortable with your selection of the Euphoria spa at the FANTASTIC price of $7595.00. I would go for it. Have you considered a "wet test" to confirm this is the spa for you? It doesn't cost anything to make sure.
The Marquis line is a very good one, the Euphoria SA is an awesome spa. As a dealer of this product line and others, I don't think you will go wrong with this decision.
Good Luck...  ;D

That is fair and sound advice...for the most part we all have a bias towards some things.....and really both spas are very nice and would serve anyone well.....
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 03:19:46 pm by Mendocino101 »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 03:56:31 pm »
kent,

Have you heard anything about the 05 Euphoria? I understand that it will be totally revamped. I don't know too much about its $$ though.
The 04 SA is still a nice unit. Should you go that route, I think you'll be happy. ;D

obi wan

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2005, 04:36:57 pm »
couple of changes....
the landmark was sold today.....BUT i looked at a caldera niagra and really like it. rep sez normal price $8499, has 1 2004 model left and has it at $8100?? thought that was high to be a close out....
one big concern with the marquis dealer. he has only had the marquis line for about 18 months, and this is his 3rd brand in 5 years. the previous 2 were pulled from him for non performance. on retro spect the store has pool tables, grills, decks, gazebos,etc..... and spas seem to be an addition, not focal point.
is there any way to find out how long marquis (or any one else ) has been in my market ? i dont want to spend big bucks to ensure local dealer support, and then have no local dealer around.........

obi wan

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005, 04:37:27 pm »
couple of changes....
the landmark was sold today.....BUT i looked at a caldera niagra and really like it. rep sez normal price $8499, has 1 2004 model left and has it at $8100?? thought that was high to be a close out....
one big concern with the marquis dealer. he has only had the marquis line for about 18 months, and this is his 3rd brand in 5 years. the previous 2 were pulled from him for non performance. on retro spect the store has pool tables, grills, decks, gazebos,etc..... and spas seem to be an addition, not focal point.
is there any way to find out how long marquis (or any one else ) has been in my market ? i dont want to spend big bucks to ensure local dealer support, and then have no local dealer around.........

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005, 04:37:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42