What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: heater problem on bengal please help  (Read 2091 times)

fedmandoo

• which brand do we buy???? Hummm still looking
heater problem on bengal please help
« on: February 10, 2005, 08:22:04 pm »
i think need to reset my no fault 6000 heater in my bengal. The manual says there is a red button on top of it. I've looked and cannot see one.  There is a green thumb size circle on it and a recessed item w a clear plastic looking cover about the same size. I tried pushing this down to reset but i only broke the seal ... :-[  Is there  a reset button on this heater?? it's been about 45 days since we have used the tub... the water level was down about 3 inches from proper level..i refilled water .I called a local dealer and they told me to unplug the 110 plug wait 5 mins and remove filter.. plug back in and see if it heats up.. it's been 12+ hours and no temp change.. thought maybe the filter was clogged.. i've had tub for 7 months and have cleaned not changed filter only once.
any feedback is appreciated  
thanks,Fedman
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 08:31:31 pm by fedmandoo »

Hot Tub Forum

heater problem on bengal please help
« on: February 10, 2005, 08:22:04 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: heater problem on bengal please help
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 08:56:26 pm »
Yes, the reset button is under that clear plastic seal near the center of the black box with the green circle on it.

I use one of the door screws to push the reset. It takes a good solid push to do the job. The heater must be cool before it will reset - actually below about 90 degrees. If the water got that hot, then you will have to shut off power for a couple of hours to let the heater cool, then push the reset button.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

fedmandoo

• which brand do we buy???? Hummm still looking
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 09:03:28 pm »
thanks for the feedback chas..
I'll try it again with a lot more english on it this time..
fedman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 09:03:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42