What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian "Island Spas" quality & price  (Read 18128 times)

69_dude

Artesian "Island Spas" quality & price
« on: February 01, 2005, 12:44:30 am »
Hi everyone!
I'm a newbie here and just wanted to thank all of you for the wonderful info found on here.  My wife & I began looking for a tub over a month ago and was immediately overwhelmed by the choices available and the $$$ required to purchase a good tub.  I have since found a local dealer that sell Artesian and have been impressed with their "Island Spas" line.  It seems to me to be a good quality tub at a price well below what I have found at the other dealers with comparable Hot Springs and  D1 tubs.  I can get an "Antigua" with 38 jets, stainless steel escutcheons, LED light, waterfall, CD/Stereo, steps, and Durawood cabinet for $5699 plus tax, which seems very reasonable to me.   Does this seem to be a good price and does anyone know of any quality issues with Artesian?  Any help or advice is appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian "Island Spas" quality & price
« on: February 01, 2005, 12:44:30 am »

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
Re: Artesian "Island Spas" quality & price
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 10:00:41 am »
We have the Island Grand Bahama with 58 jets.  And just love it.  We bought it in October 2004, so still new, but use it everyday.  We have had no troubles with it at all.  And our dealer has been great as well.  The whole key is the wet test.  Even our dealer told us to wet test many different spas and buy the one that felt the best to us.  We did and bought the Artesian.  Not sorry.  Your price sounds reasonable as well.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 02:42:29 pm »
dude,
I have only heard good things about Artesian Spas. They seem to have a particular niche in this industry. Seems like a good quality tub for the dollar.

Good Luck with it. ;)

69_dude

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 06:59:36 pm »
Thanks for the input!  I do plan to wet test soon,  but just wanted to get some feedback from those of you who have dealt with Artesian.  This tub seems to be the best that I can find around here (East Texas) in that price range, but if anyone knows of any comparable tubs to look at, please let me know!

brewski

• When in doubt bathe naked!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 08:30:57 pm »
In October we bought the same model you are considering except we went with the lounger which gives you 46 jets instead of 38. On the other hand we did not get the stereo/CD but it is all in what you find best for your needs. We have been very pleased with our Antigua model and the dealer has been very helpful as well. As previously stated, wet test, wet test and wet test before making your decision. Also, no question is too stupid so don't be afraid to ask. One last thing, make sure you get a good cover and a good cover lift.  8)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 08:37:26 pm »
dude,

When I was shopping I happened across an Artesian dealer and almost didn't go. I'm  glad I went, I was surprised at the Artesian Island spa's value.

I put a deposit on a Grand Cayman 56 jet model with 24 hour circ pump, cover lifter, ozone, SS escutcheons, LED light (colorscape type), Durawood siding and step for $6640 (NJ) + tax. So I think you got a very good deal!

As per my dealer the quality of the Island series is up there with the Gold and Platinum series - they use a lot of the same components. The jet size in the Island is apparently smaller than the other 2 series, the controller is different and the warranty is shorter. When I questioned the dealer about the lesser warranty she assured me not to worry.

As for the competition - there is none.  ONLY KIDDING EVERYONE!!!

If the cost is an issue as it was for me, take a look at the Sweetwater line from Sundance - they seem to have good feedback. The Down East line from Master is really nice. The Coleman 400 series (I saw the 480) is really nice. The Beachcomber seems nice too. Out of the other 4,  I liked the Coleman and Down East probably in that order. The Sweetwater, Coleman and Down East were within $500 of the Artesian with Artesian being more expensive but I felt I got more for my money.

Good Luck!

Vinny
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 08:38:31 pm by Vinny »

69_dude

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 10:13:53 pm »
In October we bought the same model you are considering except we went with the lounger which gives you 46 jets instead of 38. 8)

brewski,
Do you like the extra leg jets in the lounger?  I heard that they would make you float up easier, and my wife is pretty small, so she will have a tendency to float already.  Also, you mention a good cover and lift-- a cover is included with it and I assumed it would be adequate.  Is that something I need to ask about?  I will definitely include a lift in my plans as well.  Is there one you would recommend?  Thanks for the help!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 01:18:09 pm »
Hello, just wanted to offer my help.

As everyone encourages, be sure to wet test.

Ask these questions of the dealer:

Do you have a full-time service department?  If not, who services my spa if I buy from you?

How many years have you sold this brand?  How many brands have you previously sold?  Why did you drop those brands?

Do you have a copy of the entire warranty available?

Will I be able to get parts and service from you 10 years from now?

These questions will probably save you a lot of grief down the road.  Everybody around here (in East Texas) talks a good game and will try to separate you from your hard-earned money.   Few walk the walk.

I realize that HotSpring Spas are not for everyone, so you might want to check out the Tiger River, Hot Spot, and Solana Spas.  They are more in line price and feature wise with Artesian than the HotSpring spas.

I would welcome the chance to visit with you at our Longview store or any of our others in East Texas.

Good luck with your search! :)

CEO
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

69_dude

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 12:27:40 am »
East TX,
Thanks for the advice on the dealers!  I did visit the Tyler store and checked out all of the HotSpring and Tiger River spas.  Upon comparing the Tiger River and Artesian Island spas here locally, the Island Spas are far more attactive, have more features, and cost a lot less, and that it why I am leaning in that direction.  For example, in the Island Spa, an Antigua loaded-down is $5699, and at a comparable cost in the Tiger River, I could only get a bottom of the line Sumatran for $5740.  To me, that is no comparison.  PM me and let me know if there are other spas you could get me into in that price range.  Thanks again!

hottubber

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2005, 12:30:00 pm »
dude,

The price that you got an the Artesian Antigua for $5699.00 plus tax, jump on it. That is a great price, make sure the dealer clarifies the options for you, with all of those options that you say were included, that spa should sell for much more than you were quoted..
More like $7499.00.
WOW!!! :o

69_dude

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 07:37:23 pm »
dude,

If the cost is an issue as it was for me, take a look at the Sweetwater line from Sundance - they seem to have good feedback. The Down East line from Master is really nice. The Coleman 400 series (I saw the 480) is really nice. The Beachcomber seems nice too. Out of the other 4,  I liked the Coleman and Down East probably in that order. The Sweetwater, Coleman and Down East were within $500 of the Artesian with Artesian being more expensive but I felt I got more for my money.

Thanks for the input!  I checked on the Sweetwater series at a local dealer yesterday, and a comparable model was $1000 more than the Antigua!  So, the Island spa is looking very enticing.  I will go on my wet test journey tomorrow.  :D

69_dude

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 07:47:01 pm »
dude,

The price that you got an the Artesian Antigua for $5699.00 plus tax, jump on it. That is a great price, make sure the dealer clarifies the options for you, with all of those options that you say were included, that spa should sell for much more than you were quoted..
More like $7499.00.
WOW!!! :o

It does include the Kenwood CD/ Stereo with subwoofer, SS escutcheons, LED colorscape light, pillowfall, durawood cabinet, cover, steps, delivery, and chemicals.  The only extra I will need is the cover lift.  The more I've looked around this week, the more impressed I am with the price!

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 09:21:33 am »
One option you don't mention is the 24 hour circ pump and I think that is the one option I would want. I have one on my Hot Springs tub and I am looking to upgrade to a new tub and thinking of an other H.S or an Artesian.

Good Luck Ivan

hottubber

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2005, 11:50:29 am »
im,
Take a good look at the Artesian line. Fully featured, lower cost than most, and excellent quality based on the posts read here..
Good Luck ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2005, 12:28:50 pm »
Oops, sorry. I just saw the word

Island....

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2005, 12:28:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42