What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa for a vacation home?  (Read 1613 times)

brenrn

• Go Vols!!!!
Spa for a vacation home?
« on: January 31, 2005, 07:16:55 am »
Hey all!  

We love our Caspian so much we are thinking of buying another spa for our vacation home.  God, it would feel so good to soak after a day of snowmobiling or skiing!  I'm wondering about maintenance though.  Some of the issues I'm worried about:

1.  The tub would be located outside and it gets pretty darn cold.  It was 20 below last weekend while we were there.  I know others have tubs and live in really cold areas so I'm thinking that this may be a non-issue.

2.  Chemicals and maintenance.  In the winter someone is there at least every other week.  Sometimes more.  Would the tub be ok left alone on those off-weeks?  

3.  Filling the tub.  We have well water and it is not the greatest.  Very high iron content.  I'm wondering if this will be a problem or if a hose filter would solve the problem.

Well, that's what I've come up with so far.  Anyone that has any input it would be greatly appreciated!  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 07:18:21 am by brenrn »

Hot Tub Forum

Spa for a vacation home?
« on: January 31, 2005, 07:16:55 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Spa for a vacation home?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 08:52:20 am »
We live in Minnesota, and just got thru a very cold week, with low temperatures in the -20 range.  
No problem- just to be safe, we upped the time for our filtration cycles, probably didn't need to, but did it for peace of mind.  
If you are away a lot, maybe get someone to check in every few days, just to be sure the power is still on.  
Hate to have a breaker trip during a cold spell.

We use a bromine routine, and have no water quality issues when our spa goes unused for a week or so (only when it's really cold and windy).  

Not sure about your iron question, since our tap water is pretty good.  Take a sample of your outside tap water to your dealer, they should be able to offer suggestions.  They may have other customers with in your area with well water.

Brewman

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Spa for a vacation home?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 08:52:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42