What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: chemical questions  (Read 2485 times)

Russ

chemical questions
« on: January 24, 2005, 05:22:26 pm »
Well, we have had the spa a month now and I have some questions.
1.      Can any of the following chemicals or additives be added at the same time?
Enhanced shock
Sanitizer
Ph decreaser/increaser
T/A increaser
Scale/stain remover
Sea Klear – water clarifier

1a.   If not at the same time, what is the minimum amount of time you should wait to add the next chemical to avoid cloudy water?

2. Which is most important? In other words, if all of them are needed, which do you start with?

I know I will have more questions … Trust me.
By the way… WE LOVE OUR SPA!
Thanks in advance folks!

Hot Tub Forum

chemical questions
« on: January 24, 2005, 05:22:26 pm »

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
Re: chemical questions
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 09:09:34 am »
I was told that DiChlor would keep the Stain and Scale from working as well so I add the it the day after I shock with DiChlor

Russ

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 11:01:34 am »
thanks Tony.

Anybody else?  ??? come on, don't be bashful.

nicker

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 11:13:51 am »
you know what that is a good question.   I don't shock with Dichlor, I use MPS. So I usually add the stain and scale and then add the MPS about 5 minutes later.  So far no problems.   I think the biggest thing in the case of PH/ALK and so on is one can some what effect the other so that is why it is good to add them some time apart and re-test in between (but correct me if I am wrong on that).

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 06:16:15 pm »
With PH and Alk, there is an easy rule to remember for all you hot tub owners'.  If both PH and Alk are low, add Alk increaser only, test the water an hour later. If  Alk is still low add more Alk increaser. Once you get Alk in balance (80 to 120 ppm). Then add PH increaser if needed.  If you add both at same time you will get extreme bounce in PH.  Alk is a buffer for PH. Always get it in balance, before adjusting PH.  
 PH down will lower both PH and Alk.  If PH is fine, but Alk is high (which is not very common) but can happen, add decreaser, test to make sure Alk is balanced, then you may have to add PH up.
 If both PH and Alk are high add PH down.  To lower both.  

« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 06:17:14 pm by stabone »

Russ

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 07:37:33 am »
How about this question...please?  ???

1a.   If not at the same time, what is the minimum amount of time you should wait to add the next chemical to avoid cloudy water?

chargerfan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 02:11:22 pm »
Russ-
To answer your question. You should be able to add all of those products at the same time however; I found that using that Sea klear product with an ozone acutally will make your water cloudy.

I normally add my chemicals all at the same time and leave the first jet pump on for a bit to let it mix up. But like I said before I had a problem with cloudy water and when I talked with my dealer about it he told me not to use the water clarifier since I had an ozone and sure enough that solved the problem.

hope that helps

Russ

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 02:31:04 pm »
thanks Chargerfan. Welcome to the site.
And sorry bout your team this year. Thought they would go farther.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 08:00:10 pm »
I found that using that Sea klear product with an ozone acutally will make your water cloudy.

I'd have to disagree with this statement.  I've tried several clarifiers and the SeaKlear product is the only one that seems to work well without causing any foam.  Any time we use it, the water clears right up and becomes very clear.  And... we have an ozonator.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 08:00:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42