What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: chemicals...again  (Read 2519 times)

flajoker

• Hot Springs...Envoy
chemicals...again
« on: January 28, 2005, 01:20:52 pm »
I am now using ozone and silver ion cart. in tub. Also using mps before each soaking and diclor for shock once a week.
I have been down with the flu for a week now and haven't used or seen the tub .
Should I be addind chemicals on a daily basis even if I'm not in it?

Hot Tub Forum

chemicals...again
« on: January 28, 2005, 01:20:52 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: chemicals...again
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 01:32:56 pm »
The silver Iion cartridge is the unknown for me. If you open and all is well, you will have your answer  :)   In situations like that I have my wife throw in a teaspoon of dichlor everyother day, or turn the tub down to about 80-90 to make the water last.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

nicker

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 01:41:12 pm »
I too am not sure on the Silver Ion Cartridge.    If I don't use the tub for a few days (as I haven't been becuase it was too cold).  I just test it to make sure all is well.  I don't want to let it get to the point of 0 sanitizer.  I am confused though.  I use the Dichlor after every use or every other use and shock with MPS once a week.  So I am completely oposite to your method.  

Is that normal ?????? ???

flajoker

• Hot Springs...Envoy
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 02:44:58 pm »
FreshWater continuoes silver ion purifier, part of the Everfresh water care system HS uses. Along with ozone...directions
Prior to each use.. Add1 tbsp of mps to spa per 250 gallons
Once a week... Add 3 tbsps of mps to spa per 250 gallons
Every four months.. Drain and refill spa. Replace ion purifier and add 11/2 teaspoons of diclor per 250 gallons
As needed...If an mps treatment (either before use or weekly shock) has been missed, or if water is hazy,cloudy, or has an oder, chlorine should be used instead of mps. Add 11/2 teaspoon of chlorine per 250 gal.
This came right off the instruction sheet in the box.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 02:44:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42