What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The forum  (Read 4271 times)

Russ

The forum
« on: January 26, 2005, 02:45:00 pm »
Just speaking my mind here...and I'll probably be YELLED at for it... ::)

Great place for information here....HOWEVER,

I read more than I post here and from what I have read is most people get their questions answered. After that, the thread turns into a lot of chit-chat...specifically if you are one of the top ten posters.

Lately, I've been thinking this Forum needs an overhaul.
It needs to be divided up into categories, or something like:
Hotsprings
Marquis
Sundance
..and all the others
and then

Chemistry
Health related

Decks
and Patios

And finally a forum specifically for chit -chat.

I'm sure there are many other categories to add, but you get the idea.

Hot Tub Forum

The forum
« on: January 26, 2005, 02:45:00 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: The forum
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 03:07:31 pm »
Your points are valid.

I encourage and discourage the chit chat. Keep it in moderation, and try to kill a thread when the topic no longer applies without offending.  

As for an overhaul, that is supposed to happen. When ? Even I don't know at this point.

No offense taken.

Bill
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Russ

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 03:08:31 pm »
and BTW... I really don't mean to get anyones undies in a bunch..  ;D

but this place is growing, and with almost 40K post, it will only get harder to search for things.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 06:01:42 pm »
Another thing making searching harder is that the search function doesn't work right!

-Ed

ps. Oops!  Off topic chit-chat.  Sorry!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 06:02:05 pm by ebirrane »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 06:28:48 pm »
Another thing making searching harder is that the search function doesn't work right!

-Ed

ps. Oops!  Off topic chit-chat.  Sorry!  ;)

Sounds perfectly on topic to me.  I wonder where this alleged new forum is :)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 06:50:08 pm »
Just speaking my mind here...and I'll probably be YELLED at for it... ::)

Great place for information here....HOWEVER,

I read more than I post here and from what I have read is most people get their questions answered. After that, the thread turns into a lot of chit-chat...specifically if you are one of the top ten posters.

Lately, I've been thinking this Forum needs an overhaul.
It needs to be divided up into categories, or something like:
Hotsprings
Marquis
Sundance
..and all the others
and then

Chemistry
Health related

Decks
and Patios

And finally a forum specifically for chit -chat.

I'm sure there are many other categories to add, but you get the idea.

Being #23 on the list, I'm sure that wasn't directed at me in any way so I'll respond! ;D

Many regulars here have personalities as well as depth of knowledge on the topic of spas. Sometimes, these personalities become part of the postings and we all get a small window into that particular person. I for one, think it's great as long as it's kept in perspective. Bill does a superb job at controlling this and giving us all some latitude. I can't wait to be a "top 10" poster so I too can chit chat! ;)

As for your other points Russ, I once suggested the same not so long ago and agree 100%. I'm glad that's being looked into as an option for this forum.

Steve

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 07:08:44 pm »

Being #23 on the list...

Steve

#23, you are the Michael Jordan of this forum!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 07:15:37 pm »
Well...I am good at dribbling... :-/

(stop making me chit chat spatech! ;) )
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 07:17:08 pm by Steve »

jmpiv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 07:16:31 pm »
Humans are social creatures by nature especially hot tubbing humans...I say chit chat for all!

Russ

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 07:36:05 pm »
Humans are social creatures by nature especially hot tubbing humans...I say chit chat for all!

thus the need for a general chit chattin forum.
Look, I like coming to this forum and I am by no means passing judgement on how the forum is run. I too think the moderators do a good job. When I first wrote this topic, there were 4 threads that really had nothing or very little to do with hot tubs on the first page. I'm just trying to help the web site grow into something more people would enjoy.
I belong to 3-4 different forums and each has a section specifically for BS'n and I think that would work well here.

There is a ton of info here, hard to wade thru at times, but lots of good info and good people who are kind enough to take the time to help others.
thanks folks.

and thanks to you comedians also!  ;) ;D

salesdvl

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 05:59:37 pm »

and thanks to you comedians also!  ;) ;D

At last, he recognizes me.

Russ, if I may call you that, I agree.  I would like to see an area for general discussion rather than always having to refer back to "circ pumps" in order to get it past the sensors.  A general topic area would allow me to ask Steve how his kids are without having to refer to them as "PH & TA".  Or asking how all his little ozone units are doing in school.   ;)

However, if I may, I would like to say that if Bill doesn't want to do that than I retract everything I said here and support his decision 110 ( or 220) %.

Measure once, cut twice.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 07:56:15 pm »
I prefer not having subject partitions in this board though I feel it could be useful should our traffic increase.....I just don't see the number of new topics here daily to support partitioning.

As for the banter, I quite enjoy the personalities.....it's tough enough learning about each other by reading the typed word....I can't imagine how sterile/uninviting it could become without some personality.....it certainly brightens the day to have a good laugh generated from posts here.  

And, I generally have found it very easy to filter topics myself should their content not appeal.

FWIW.... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 07:57:14 pm »
Well said, WSD.  

Brewman
Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 08:30:00 pm »

Being #23 on the list, I'm sure that wasn't directed at me in any way so I'll respond! ;D

Many regulars here have personalities as well as depth of knowledge on the topic of spas. Sometimes, these personalities become part of the postings and we all get a small window into that particular person. I for one, think it's great as long as it's kept in perspective. Bill does a superb job at controlling this and giving us all some latitude. I can't wait to be a "top 10" poster so I too can chit chat! ;)

As for your other points Russ, I once suggested the same not so long ago and agree 100%. I'm glad that's being looked into as an option for this forum.

Steve

You mean I'm supposed to have a personality! ;)

BTW, I thought your kids names were PH and TA! ;D

salesdvl

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2005, 10:24:49 am »
We were gonna name him PH but then realized that people would forever be confused as to whether it was supposed to be P. H. or the "F" sound.   :-/
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2005, 10:24:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42