What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Filtration question  (Read 2037 times)

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
Marquis Filtration question
« on: January 25, 2005, 04:29:19 pm »
Is the Marquis system of filtration more economical to operate than brands such as Sundance which use a 24 hr. circulation pump.  Any information would be great.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Filtration question
« on: January 25, 2005, 04:29:19 pm »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
Re: Marquis Filtration question
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 09:14:46 pm »
I do believe that the 05 Sundance is going to a 35 gallon per minute circ. pump. That will increase the flow rate considerably. The Marquis spa does not use a circ. pump, but it runs a few hours each day and 30 minutes after each soak. The filtration system is more than adequate for any size spa. The Sundance also uses the Micro-Clean Filtration which is supposed to clean to a smaller micron.
You'll be OK with either one... ;)
When I owned a Marquis Escape, which is comparable to the Euphoria in size,it was costing me about 28 dollars a month in the winter @ 12 cents per kilowatt hour.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 09:16:45 pm by hottubber »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 12:08:34 am »
Marquis used the circ pump for years; it drew about .98 amps to turn all the water in the spa over about 20 times a day. They changed to a 2 speed jet pump that draws about 1.2 amps and only runs about 6 to 8 hours a day. The cost difference is minimal and even potentially less because of the shorter run times but the system failures where more than cut in half.

Marquis runs a completely programmable filtration cycle; you can run 2 cycles per day, one cycle night or one cycle day and you can run them anywhere from 1 to 9 hours per cycle. The "Smart Clean" cycle that kicks on after someone has pushed a pump button signifying that the spa has been used can be set for anywhere from 1 to 4 hours....

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 07:12:00 am »
Stuart,

Thanks for the clarification. Your description of the cycles makes more sense than what I was trying to say. :-/

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 07:12:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42