What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa crest  (Read 7244 times)

lookin4

• HuH
spa crest
« on: January 18, 2005, 08:30:02 am »
New to this board and still lookin for info on spa crest hot tubs. I am interested in making my first purchase and and need some info.....any one out there own one?

Hot Tub Forum

spa crest
« on: January 18, 2005, 08:30:02 am »

nicker

Re: spa crest
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 08:36:38 am »
sorry, I have never heard of them  ???.

Check out their website.   Have you been looking at any other tubs aswell?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 11:37:12 am »
They may be made by someone else and then sold as a private lable. Do you have a website? If so direct us there and maybe some of us can give you an opinion on what we see....

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 11:54:44 am »
OK,
I found the website however, it doesn't give you much info on the company! There isn't even an address but from the phone # I would guess they are out of GA, I will look in the new AQUA industry referral book later today and see what they say.

They tout a lot of reputation based on the years in business and experience of their component manufactures, which leads me to believe that they are pretty new and pretty small.

From what I can see of the shell and jetting it looks OK but I have no idea how they plumb, how they insulate, nor how they filter. The filter in the pictures of the spas on their site is really designed for not a ton of water flow and works best on smaller spas like FreeFlow and other entry level.

What are they offering…?

It’s really hard to make a judgment on an unknown name, as a dealer I would never carry a brand like this without having a major brand name to sell it along side. Given that, this would only interest me if it were a very reliable made spa at a very low price point. As a consumer you should think about that….

The other factor to consider here is what do you think of the dealer? A great dealer can made a mediocre spa top notch! Remember that you first have to be comfortable with who your buying from…

lookin4

• HuH
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 02:08:34 pm »
 thanks stuart Thanks for the help, lookin 4 more,or whatever info you can find .

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 02:12:06 pm »
1)Anyone can build a spa in their garage as long as they have a thermoformed shell as the rest of the parts needed are very attainable. you can even get someone to form the shells for you.
2) Anyone can create a website.
3) Anyone can start a spa company (though it does take some $$).
4) Not everyone builds a good spa (let alone a very good or great spa).  
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 04:40:21 pm »
1)Anyone can build a spa in their garage as long as they have a thermoformed shell as the rest of the parts needed are very attainable. you can even get someone to form the shells for you.
2) Anyone can create a website.
3) Anyone can start a spa company (though it does take some $$).
4) Not everyone builds a good spa (let alone a very good or great spa).  

....add to that....

5) Anyone can buy "private label" spas from Phoenix and just make a few changes, put their own name on them, create a story bashing the competition and frightening customers with exaggerated horror stories of "owning the other brand"! ;)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 04:31:51 pm »

....add to that....

5) Anyone can buy "private label" spas from Phoenix and just make a few changes, put their own name on them, create a story bashing the competition and frightening customers with exaggerated horror stories of "owning the other brand"! ;)

...add even more to that..

6)  And mis-represent the Phoenix (or whichever) spa as being UL or ETL listed after bragging up how much greater these "changes" changes make the spa; and not submitting this "improved" spa to either ETL or UL.

Brewman

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 05:51:01 pm »
lol...Now Now Brewman...why would one do that when  one thinks they are superior to those organizations..... ::)

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 06:17:43 pm »
New to this board and still lookin for info on spa crest hot tubs. I am interested in making my first purchase and and need some info.....any one out there own one?

Any spa that will whiten your teeth while bathing sounds like a heck of a good idea to me. ;D

michjoker

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 06:17:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42